• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

cdyhybrid

The Seahawks are a team no one cares about or even remembers. They're like that white spittle that forms on a persons lip. Meaningless and worthless.

You would be hard-pressed to find an NFL team with a more extensive history of not being interesting than the Seahawks. They played in one of the dullest Super Bowls ever. Their only recent memorable playoff win was notable only because they didn't deserve to be playing in it. It's almost as if the Seahawks go out of their way to not make waves in their hometown because that would distract Seattle natives from other priorities, like opening ANOTHER fucking boutique coffee shop, or adding bike lanes to freeway overpasses, or solving Rosie Larsen's murder. People in Seattle are five times more passionate about the Sonics, and that's because the Sonics no longer exist. The Seahawks will only be adored by hipster Seattleites once Allen sells them to LA and has Qwest Field airlifted to his backyard for private use.

But why would anyone move the Hawks to LA when the Dolphins are already there? Also I dunno who Rosie Larsen is.

Fantomex

But why would anyone move the Hawks to LA when the Dolphins are already there? Also I dunno who Rosie Larsen is.

The Phins aren't moving to L.A. And no, the city wouldn't want a team whose claim to fame is losing a superbowl and almost tackling Bo Jackon.

bo-jackson-vs-brian-bosworth-o.gif

bionic77

Again, you lost to Flaccid and the Rats in the postseason. Go sit in the corner.
:lol

Seriously.

Even fucking Batch was able to beat them down in a huge game for both teams.

The Niners are frauds like all of the other regular season champs from the past 10 years. They will go 12-4 next year and FMT will cry bitter tears when the Steelers or Browns win the division with 6 wins and go on to take the current title of worst SB team of all time (sorry ez, the Bungles might have a shitty enough record to qualify for consideration as SB champion, but there is some greater cosmic force which will forever prevent your favorite team from ever winning a SB).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I could care less about the NFC West rivalries. What's really missing is superstars. We cared about the Packer and Cowboys back in the day because it was Favre and Reggie vs Emmitt and Aikman. Rams vs Packers is Kaepernick vs who exactly? Or Seattle for that matter. Wilson is still not a superstar.
And Kaepernick is?

Sorry you're so oblivious to sports in your area, but at least you seem to catch the names of players between superbowl ads.

Yeah. I am moving to Vegas this summer and I am super excited to go see Car's Land and World of Color.

I visited Vegas last year for the first time, and it was very tempting to rent a car just to drive to Disneyland. lol. I have a friend that lives out that way too. Wish I would have done it. I would love to see World of Color.

Fantomex

And Kaepernick is?

Sorry you're so oblivious to sports in your area, but at least you seem to catch the names of players between superbowl ads.

Kaepernick is the next big thing. The NFL is going to make sure their marketing dollars hype up RG3, Kaepernick, Luck and Peterson for the next 10 years. That's just the reality of it. And in case you haven't seen revenue charts, the NFL die hards only account for about 25% percent of the big picture. An interesting article stated that 40% of the total viewers of the NFL are women. And most of those don't know who Bernard Pollard or the Houston Texans are. But they know who Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Tim Tebow are.

cdyhybrid

Kaepernick is the next big thing. The NFL is going to make sure their marketing dollars hype up RG3, Kaepernick, Luck and Peterson for the next 10 years. That's just the reality of it. And in case you haven't seen revenue charts, the NFL die hards only account for about 25% percent of the big picture. An interesting article stated that 40% of the total viewers of the NFL are women. And most of those don't know who Bernard Pollard or the Houston Texans are. But they know who Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Tim Tebow are.

Kaep's ceiling is Michael Vick. Exciting to watch but he'll never win anything because he has the poor luck of playing at the same time as titans like Russell.

Also very telling that you didn't include Tannehill in that list! More proof the Fins won't be relevant until they move to LA.

Fantomex

Kaep's ceiling is Michael Vick. Exciting to watch but he'll never win anything because he has the poor luck of playing at the same time as titans like Russell.

Also very telling that you didn't include Tannehill in that list! More proof the Fins won't be relevant until they move to LA.

I can't let bias interfere with facts. Unlike those that come from the land of hipster coffe beans and flannel shirts.

squicken

Greg Cossell said Luck is Peyton before the snap, and Big Ben after it. I said that all year last year. Dude will dominate the league next year. He and Rodgers will be 1 and 1a

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If you cared to read the article linked, it only claimed to talk about rivalries for the coming season. Not only are Seattle and San Francisco both going to be strong contenders in general, they will also be fighting it out in the same division. Not just that, but it's a continuation of the rivalry between Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh from when they were in USC and Stanford, respectively. Not just that, you also see the battle for who will be the next Steve Young between the two.

It's also funny seeing you talk shit to a team that didn't exist when the Dolphins won their last superbowl.

Fantomex

If you cared to read the article linked, it only claimed to talk about rivalries for the coming season. Not only are Seattle and San Francisco both going to be strong contenders in general, they will also be fighting it out in the same division. Not just that, but it's a continuation of the rivalry between Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh from when they were in USC and Stanford, respectively. Not just that, you also see the battle for who will be the next Steve Young between the two.

It's also funny seeing you talk shit to a team that didn't exist when the Dolphins won their last superbowl.

Lets handle this in a point/bulleted format.

1. We like to play around and bust each others chops around here. We don't like facts getting in the way of our arguements.

2. You take things too seriously. No fun in that.

3. We already have an anime/furry representative here, his name is Cajunator.

4. Nobody cares what you think because you don't have that red colored text in your name anymore.

5. Do you post around here? You do realize me and Red are up there with Kave with the Browns. We know for a fact that our teams suck, and will probably suck next year. We have no sense of pride, love or passion for our team. That left in the 90s with Dan Marino.

squicken

I guess he isnt built enough to turn Rex's wife on.

I laughed when they drafted Richardson and people were like "oh Coples is a LB now or they will be more 4-3". No, they already knew that Coples wasn't going to be playing. Maybe he got killed by that poisonous locket room, but it was all over that he was a dog last year

5. Do you post around here? You do realize me and Red are up there with Kave with the Browns. We know for a fact that our teams suck, and will probably suck next year. We have no sense of pride, love or passion for our team. That left in the 90s with Dan Marino.
Speak for yourself! I still have way too much pride, love, and passion for the Dolphins, but being in this thread all the time has helped me tone that down somewhat. It's good to get a dose of reality once in awhile to keep you grounded, which is why I think it will be at least another year or two before Tannehill's Super Bowl run gets going (I'm thinking 2 to 3 total).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Lets handle this in a point/bulleted format.

1. We like to play around and bust each others chops around here. We don't like facts getting in the way of our arguements.
So basically instead of Wellington pulling out stats we now have pages filled with taco bell talk.

2. You take things too seriously. No fun in that.
I'm actually just a sucker for argument. Now you're the one who's no fun. :(

3. We already have an anime/furry representative here, his name is Cajunator.
Cajun only keeps the seat warm.

4. Nobody cares what you think because you don't have that red colored text in your name anymore.
Wait, people cared before?

Not as much in the offseason, and not as closely as I did years ago. I guess I only have myself to blame for new people talking to me like I'm a passerby. :(

I think we can all agree Ponder is the next Steve Young.

cajunator

Banned
Saints already signed 4 of 5 draft picks. Usually they take forever. At least all the distraction from last year is dead and buried. One of these days I hope I can make it to their training camp in Metairie to watch them practice.

Saints already signed 4 of 5 draft picks. Usually they take forever. At least all the distraction from last year is dead and buried. One of these days I hope I can make it to their training camp in Metairie to watch them practice.

Signing issues are mostly a thing of the past with the new rookie scale

Fantomex

So basically instead of Wellington pulling out stats we now have pages filled with taco bell talk.

I'm actually just a sucker for argument. Now you're the one who's no fun. :(

Cajun only keeps the seat warm.

Wait, people cared before?

Not as much in the offseason, and not as closely as I did years ago. I guess I only have myself to blame for new people talking to me like I'm a passerby. :(

Accept the challenge good sir! Start posting here more. And then one day when your teams meet, we will all marvel at the way you and Cajun go at it!

cajunator

Banned
Accept the challenge good sir! Start posting here more. And then one day when your teams meet, we will all marvel at the way you and Cajun go at it!

I don't have a problem with the Hawks. They have always been an interesting team to me.
I even respect Marshawn Lynch and he embarrassed the fuck out of my team.

Draxal

Can you explain to me why the Pats/Jets are listed then. I mean does anybody believe that the Jets actually win against the Pats this year?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You guys are bringing hope and love from Anime over here. Stop it!
I wasn't being kind there. lol

Can you explain to me why the Pats/Jets are listed then. I mean does anybody believe that the Jets actually win against the Pats this year?
Yeah, I'm not sure I agree with that one either. Even if the Pats hate the Jets and the Jets hate getting stomped on, it all sounds more like angst than rivalry.

Maybe Pats/Jets will break the scoring time record set yet again and give us 4 TDs in a minute of game time.

Forgot to comment on this yesterday, but I'm sad to see Ronde go. I think he was still playing at a high level for us and we won't be able to replace him easily. A well deserved retirement though.. should absolutely be a first ballot HOFer. His production was just about unparalleled. Most sacks for a DB in NFL history (28), most consecutive starts at CB in NFL history (200), 2nd most tackles for a DB in NFL history (1,428), 4th most non-offensive TDs in NFL history (14), 5x All-Pro. As good as it gets.

6a01348745e23f970c0147e2e8fb5d970b-200pi
6a01348745e23f970c0147e2e8fb5d970b-200pi
Watched his entire career, glad he retired as a Buc.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I laughed when they drafted Richardson and people were like "oh Coples is a LB now or they will be more 4-3". No, they already knew that Coples wasn't going to be playing. Maybe he got killed by that poisonous locket room, but it was all over that he was a dog last year

I honestly have no idea how many Jets games you watched but he looked fine out there.

It's just Rex getting on him because hes always had motivation issues. Its like the oldest trick in the coaching playbook.

Coples will be starting at LB. He's going to have a monster season this year.

Fuck the wiiu. Garbage device.
I sold all my Nintendo shit to indulge in the superior playstation product line.
Did you really? I haven't played my Wii U in awhile but I know there will eventually be at least a handful of games I really want to play on it. Even without that I think it'll be worth it for the Virtual Console games on the Gamepad.

I'm sure I'll spend a lot more time with my future PS4, though.

Top Bottom