• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Fox318

NFL-Gaf during the season

A7X5c4w.gif

During the off season

RFmrQNTl.jpg

Steve Young's best season pass completion % wise beat Joe Montana's best season pass completion % wise by a tenth of a percentage point (70.3 to 70.2). They both trail Kenny Anderson at 70.6% and Drew Brees at 71.2%

#jaktriviaisnottheheronflgafdeservesbuttheoneitneedsrightnow

jakncoke

Banned
Cotton Davidson had 1752 attempts he completed 43.9% completion pct

speaking of football withdrawals there is a lot of complete games on youtube

jakncoke

Banned
1954 1st overall selection by the Browns turned out to have a stuttering problem and played only 1 year in the nfl completing 15 passing attempting 30 for 143 yards and throwing 1 interception

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I thought Kas was clean now

I am. Just not from nicotine or caffeine.

Once helped by Al Davis, Jim Caldwell pays it forward

In 1981, Jim Caldwell was a 26-year-old assistant coach on a Northwestern team in the midst of a Big Ten record losing streak. Eager to gather knowledge that would help his team and boost his career, he began looking for a pro team that would let him observe a practice.

When he reached out to the Oakland Raiders, owner Al Davis said he’d let Caldwell do a lot more than just watch a practice.

“Some pro teams wouldn’t let you in. One team that I had heard would let me in was the Oakland Raiders,” Caldwell said this week. “Coach Davis let me come in, and he spent three days with me. He walked around with me personally. He took time with me, walked me around at practice. He never left my side at practice. We’d walk over there with drill work, go through it, and at night time he’d come back in at night and he and I would watch film from 10 o’clock at night until the wee hours of the morning. Three days in a row, and this was a guy who was running the whole operation.”

Caldwell has never forgotten the kindness Davis showed him. So now that Caldwell is the Lions’ head coach, the team has an open-door policy to high school and college coaches.
At Organized Team Activities this week, several coaches came to watch and learn from the Lions.

“Obviously there are no pro coaches here, but colleges, high schools — I think it’s incumbent upon us to give these guys an opportunity to come in and kind of see how we do it, what we do,” Caldwell said “So, from that experience I really believe in allowing guys to come in and see what we do. I think that’s the way it should be. It helped me out tremendously in my career.”

Davis died in 2011, but he’s left a lasting legacy in the NFL. That legacy now extends to young coaches who are benefitting from Caldwell’s adoption of Davis’s open-door policy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ped-by-al-davis-jim-caldwell-pays-it-forward/

jakncoke

Banned
Of all the ball washing articles/pics for Lions you link Kas, this one is actually neat and I hope other coaches do the same or adopt a similar policy.

jakncoke

Banned
Johnny Lattner was drafted by the Steelers with the 7th pick in the 1954, but played 1 year. He joined the Air Forces and suffered a knee injury

Farooq

Banned
Dallas Cowboys are dabbling in some VR tech to train their QBs.

The Cowboys have inked a two-year deal with StriVR Labs, a virtual reality sports startup, to train all of its quarterbacks using a VR headset, according to a source familiar with the deal. After donning the headset, players see a live-action 3-D video replay of a football play from the quarterback’s perspective, and can review that play from a first-person view over and over, looking in any direction.

Currently, StriVR’s technology is not interactive, but instead aims to teach quarterbacks decision-making skills in the context of a real play. It also aims to make it easier to give both starters and backup quarterbacks more opportunities to learn without needing the whole team on the field.

Former Stanford University kicker Derek Belch developed StriVR as a master’s thesis in the school’s VR lab, and spun the company out earlier this year after the technology was credited with helping the school turn around its football season.

After Stanford, which continues to use the technology, StriVR previously signed deals with five collegiate football programs: Arkansas, Clemson, Vanderbilt, Auburn and Dartmouth.

Source. Edit: Sean Payton also talked about using VR to train his QBs.

Unrelated, but they were also using drones at their practice. Garrett likes it because it gives him a closer all-22 shot.

The Dallas Cowboys have long been at the forefront of technology in the NFL, going back to the start of the franchise with Tom Landry, Tex Schramm and Gil Brandt.

Jason Garrett is keeping that tradition alive by using drones to film part of the team’s practices.

Garrett got the idea from new SMU football coach Chad Morris. At the team’s rookie minicamp, two members from SMU’s video department flew a drone over the practices.

“We pride ourselves on coaching and teaching our players as well as we can and film has been a big part of the game for a long time,” Garrett said. “Typically you have an end zone shot and a sideline shot. We use a lot of hand-held cameras on the ground. ... One of our coaches went down to SMU for their spring practices and saw they were using it. They liked the angle. We got a chance to see it, so we decided to take a look at it.”

What does Garrett like about the angle?

“It’s interesting because it gives you the chance from behind to see all 11 guys on offense and all 11 guys on defense but from a closer angle,” Garrett said. “Oftentimes you have to kind of pull yourself away to get the all-22 shot. This allows you to get a little closer so you can coach better. You can see hand placement. You see where they have their feet, where they have their eyes. I think that’s important. You can look at that and coach them better being that much closer to the action.”

cajunator

Banned
My S4 phone is dying. Gonna replace it. Need suggestions. Fuck Iphone. Want to avoid Samsung unless theres a really good phone.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
My S4 phone is dying. Gonna replace it. Need suggestions. Fuck Iphone. Want to avoid Samsung unless theres a really good phone.

I like my Note 4. I use the stylus regularly. If you don't need that, just get the S6. Just don't put that flagship in the washer.

cajunator

Banned
so if you dont have an external SD what do you back up stuff with PC or google drive or what?
I dont know if I trust google to back up shit on it.

If you can deal with the crappy camera, HTC One M9; otherwise Note 4 or LG G4 if you want those huge bricks.

Yep, I love my HTC One M9 but my god does it have one of the worst phone cameras ever made. Luckily I don't care for cameras so it wasn't a big factor in my choosing of the phone.

ampere

I love my Nexus 5, and yea you can back stuff up with Google Drive. Google already has all my information so w/e can you do

Well yeah the HTC One M9 would probably be my choice among the flagship phones. I love my M8 and the biggest complaint I've heard about the M9 is that it's not a big enough departure from last year's model (and somehow the camera is worse). Still very well regarded.

Of course the Nexus phones are nice too. The Nexus 6 is a little big for me but the Nexus 5 is a solid size

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I love my iphone but got damn I hate having to micromanage the 16GB of space (which is really about 11GB with 5GB reserved for the OS I think)

Top Bottom