• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

I watched the trailer and I had a couple of thoughts. Do the makers of the trailer know that we have fish and flowers and trees right now? Go outside, nerds. Secondly, if the cities all went dark, why are there herds of wild robots? What purpose does a giant saw giraffe serve? What do the humans get by hunting machines with pointy sticks? Why are they using pointy sticks since there are laser cannons and rocket launchers easily obtained?

I dunno. It looked interesting, but at first blush it just looks like GG took a few different ideas and chucked them together. I'll keep an eye on it, but I can't tell if they're making a delicious stew or a disguising crockpot abomination.

What purpose did a chainsaw dick serve in Robot Jox? Who cares, it was amazing. I am looking forward to hunting a robot T-Rex

Well, if it's an RPG, everybody should care about the world building. If it's more of an action game, it matters somewhat less.

Post conference interview had the head of Guerilla discussing the game and he mentioned there is an explanation as to why the machines exist in the world and one of the key story elements is discovering the why's, etc.

Milchjon

V9bYysQ.gif

Kristen-Bell-Happy-Tears.gif

806.gif

PS4 it is...

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Post conference interview had the head of Guerilla discussing the game and he mentioned there is an explanation as to why the machines exist in the world and one of the key story elements is discovering the why's, etc.

Sure. I'm just saying that the trailer raised a lot of questions and considering GG hasn't made an RPG yet, they're definitely starting off with an ambitious idea. Considering I live for open-world RPGs with interesting settings, I really hope they pull it off.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
god bless sony for funding pc games i can buy cheap down the line

Pretty much my reaction. I have yet to pick up a PS4 or Xbone, the exclusives don't really pull at me and I have enough of a Steam backlog as it is.

Persona 5 will likely get me to finally pull the trigger.

I ain't ashamed to admit it: if Nintendo announced Super Mario RPG 2 in 10 hours, I'd cry like a baby and my heart would probably stop

Like I said, we're mysterious creatures. The right thing with enough nostalgia and great memories will set you off into a world of wonder. Kinda like how Jurassic World's on pace to earn as much dollars as there are people on Earth by year's end, and it wasn't even that good.

Sure. I'm just saying that the trailer raised a lot of questions and considering GG hasn't made an RPG yet, they're definitely starting off with an ambitious idea. Considering I live for open-world RPGs with interesting settings, I really hope they pull it off.
The considering GG hasn't made an RPG part of your statement is what concerns me the most. They've never been terribly good on the narrative front with Killzone so it leads me to wonder if they can handle something like Horizons well enough. Though it's great to see them try something other than Killzone.

Milchjon

As a MS fanboy: Sony utterly destroyed them this year. And I say that as someone who couldn't give a shit about pretty much any of their past E3s.

The considering GG hasn't made an RPG part of your statement is what concerns me the most. They've never been terribly good on the narrative front with Killzone so it leads me to wonder if they can handle something like Horizons well enough. Though it's great to see them try something other than Killzone.

Did you ever read the expanded story of Killzone? The actual story of how it got to the first game was really great but they never managed to show that during the actual games. Hopefully now that story is going to be a bigger part (Or it should in an RPG) they actually incorporate it well. The game play looked crazy though.

MRSA

Banned
My mom has informed me that her eldest sister passed from a massive stroke, not really speechless just have a lack of emotions, I never met her before so I have no sentimental attachment to her. Just feel bad for my mom.

WSU still sucks.

My mom has informed me that her eldest sister passed from a massive stroke, not really speechless just have a lack of emotions, I never met her before so I have no sentimental attachment to her. Just feel bad for my mom.

Just found out today that one of my close homies might have a brain tumor.... man we only 26 WTF. Getting a second MRI from another place just to confirm but fuck shit... I don't know how I would react if shit was real.

MRSA

Banned
Just found out today that one of my close homies might have a brain tumor.... man we only 26 WTF. Getting a second MRI from another place just to confirm but fuck shit... I don't know how I would react if shit was real.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully its not glio, my anatomy and physiology teacher is a neurosurgeon and she would tell us stories about taking out tumors. She would rarely ever do procedures on patients with glioblastoma because the prognosis was terrible.

OK, so I´m officially the only one the Sony conf did absolutely nothing for.
And they couldn´t even fund 2mil for Shenmue? wtf

Shenmue will take much more then 2 Million to fund, the kickstarter is to gauge if there is a market for the franchise before the investors (Sony might be one of them it's unknown right now) give Yu the real money he needs for the game.

Milchjon

At this point it kinda sounds like Shenmue 3 will be a minimum viable game. Only one location, characters that look worse than in the original... I think it will basically be the story and not much more :-/

But who cares, Shenmue 3!!!!

KE9cNbz.png
KE9cNbz.png
KE9cNbz.png

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

Shenmue 3 is almost at its $2 Million goal and it hasn't even been 12 hours yet. It's going to happen and it'll be glorious. Only game I ever imported was the European Version of Shenmue 2 and using a disc that allowed imports to be played on my US Dreamcast.

Only thing that surprised was how hard Sony went after Shenmue as opposed to MS.

I believe something will happen via kickstarter to finish the story line, whether game, or comic. I don't care just let me know what happens. But I know the second a kickstarter happens it will break records for kickstarter games.

ShenmueDojo remains powerful.

You guys should listen to me more when it comes to the Lions, football and video games. Vegas odds have us at 33:1 for a Super Bowl win IIRC. Put $100 on that and take it to the bank, believe that.

Hammer24

Banned
the kickstarter is to gauge if there is a market for the franchise before the investors (Sony might be one of them it's unknown right now) give Yu the real money he needs for the game.

If that's the future of gaming, count me out.
When the big ones get so risk averse that even initial funding has to come from the future customers, nothing good will come from this. In the end, we would only get niche games shills internet-hyped to oblivion.

WanderingWind

If that's the future of gaming, count me out.
When the big ones get so risk averse that even initial funding has to come from the future customers, nothing good will come from this. In the end, we would only get niche games shills internet-hyped to oblivion.

No, that's what we had for the post 2000 until things like Kickstarter. We're now getting the niche games that we never would have gotten beforehand. We already lived that terrible life, when everything was a brown shooter and everybody wanted to be GTA/COD. We have more variety now, right now, than we ever, ever had as gamers.

WanderingWind

That's thanks to indie developers. Not by having countless remakes shoved down our throats.

Even if I agreed with that (I don't) guess how many, many indie games are funded now? Kickstarter has been an unqualified success in terms of expanding the type of games we're able to play. The beauty is that even if you disagree with Kickstarter as a practice, you still get to reap the benefits of it. And there isn't a downside for you at that point, either. It's a win-win. The only people who potentially get screwed are the donators who back a failed project and lose their money.

Hammer24

Banned
even if you disagree with Kickstarter as a practice,

No, I don´t per sé. Its a great tool especially for indies and other small projects.
And thus I agree with your conclusions on diversity.
But I still think its despicable, if that tool gets used by the big companies. They simply offload their own entrepreneurial risks. And in the end steal visibility from the small/indie teams that need stuff like kickstarter to survive/exist.

WanderingWind

No, I don´t per sé. Its a great tool especially for indies and other small projects.
And thus I agree with your conclusions on diversity.
But I still think its despicable, if that tool gets used by the big companies. They simply offload their own entrepreneurial risks. And in the end steal visibility from the small/indie teams that need stuff like kickstarter to survive/exist.

It's smart business sense to offload their potential risks. As a consumer, it actually benefits me in the long run, as they're more willing to take gambles on projects that wouldn't have gotten made. Shenmue 3 would not have gotten made because no company was willing to take the risk. Now it's getting made and I, a customer, can buy it after it is actually produced. I have lost nothing and gained a game that otherwise wouldn't have existed.

squicken

All these hippies and their recycling and save the Earth crap? Where does that get you? Droughts and hurricanes and floods. Fuck nature. We need to build lunar colonies with weather controlled domes

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If Sony's conference did nothing for you then you're going to hate the fact that years from now people will hold E3 2015 in the same esteem as the year Twilight Princess was revealed. They literally brought out all of the white whales of gaming.

Hindl

If Sony's conference did nothing for you then you're going to hate the fact that years from now people will hold E3 2015 in the same esteem as the year Twilight Princess was revealed. They literally brought out all of the white whales of gaming.

I know and it makes me hate myself. I just feel cynical and jaded now, last year I would've been right with them, Sony is bringing back the legends, Sony just destroyed E3, etc. But this year I looked at the facts and it didn't look too good. They are remaking a game with very outdated gameplay, and it's obvious it just started production. Not to mention it's behind KH3 and FFXV, so we might not even see it this decade. The other game is a goddamn Kickstarter to an open-world game that was deep and innovative 15 years ago, but who knows if it'll be compelling now with all the open world? And TLG was cool to rereveal, but it honestly didn't look terribly interesting to me gameplay-wise. Add in the fact that of all of them, and most of Sony's other announcements, TLG was the only one that got a release date at all, and I can't call that a good conference.

jakncoke

Banned
I know and it makes me hate myself. I just feel cynical and jaded now, last year I would've been right with them, Sony is bringing back the legends, Sony just destroyed E3, etc. But this year I looked at the facts and it didn't look too good. They are remaking a game with very outdated gameplay, and it's obvious it just started production. Not to mention it's behind KH3 and FFXV, so we might not even see it this decade. The other game is a goddamn Kickstarter to an open-world game that was deep and innovative 15 years ago, but who knows if it'll be compelling now with all the open world? And TLG was cool to rereveal, but it honestly didn't look terribly interesting to me gameplay-wise. Add in the fact that of all of them, and most of Sony's other announcements, TLG was the only one that got a release date at all, and I can't call that a good conference.

Product of reading too much gaming side? I swear those fucks are some the most miserable human beings ever and I dont know how they even enjoy or are interested in the hobby.

Top Bottom