• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
CH5I1kHW8AAbsru.jpg:large

It''s a sign.

1000 years of prosperity got transferred to the CLT!

Panthers winning the Superb Owl in 2016

I saw a double rainbow here the other day so sorry the rainbows are using their powers to help the Texans.

or both? :eek:

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Tennessee's No. 2 overall pick, QB Marcus Mariota, is now NFL's only unsigned first-round pick.

Shame we don't have a Titans fan in here so we can pretend as if this is a big deal.

I hope you'll indulge me while I :Kas: out real quick.

Cam Newton's offseason growth draws praise from Ron Rivera

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- On the day before the Carolina Panthers held their final team-sanctioned offseason activity until they report for training camp July 24, quarterback Cam Newton delivered an eye-opening performance that will resonate, perhaps deservedly, very little.

Only a few dozen spectators saw it. It happened in June. And players weren't even wearing pads. So no, this isn't an attempt to make more out of something than is appropriate. But might there have been a dose of quiet foreshadowing?

Hey, just toss it in the back of your mind until the season starts.

"(Wednesday) was about as good as I've seen (Newton), as far as practice goes," Panthers coach Ron Rivera said Thursday, apparently still impressed enough to mention it twice one day later.

That's about as solid an endorsement as you'll get from a head coach sending his team into a five-week break. And it's an example of the optimism Rivera has for the 2015 season, given everything else that he said around that single sentence.

Newton, for his part, said he believes this collection of wide receivers has been more competitive this offseason than any group he had in his first four seasons. So is his success in this year's offseason workouts the result of having more weapons? Or does Newton deserve the bulk of credit for his own improvements?

Both are true, for certain. But there's a good case to be made for the latter.

"He took some really big steps this year," Rivera said of his franchise quarterback, who signed a five-year, $103.8 million extension earlier this month.

For starters, Newton is healthy. (Last year, he missed the whole offseason after undergoing surgery in March to repair ankle ligaments.) But beyond that obvious point, Rivera believes Newton's continued experience in the league is allowing him the opportunity to work on more nuanced improvements in the offseason.

"Let's not forget: He's a young man," Rivera said. "He came into this league after playing just one year of college football. He wasn't as advanced as guys like Russell Wilson or Andrew Luck, who played three or four seasons."

While not a perfect argument, given that Newton has also had an extra year in the NFL to hone his skills, Rivera makes a point: We often expect Newton to play like a far more experienced vet than his "younger" counterparts. To Rivera's point about collegiate experience: Newton threw 292 passes in college. Luck threw 1,064. Wilson threw 1,489.

cam-newton-663b170b1f7c35d1.jpg

Look at that focus, that determination

cam-newton-sami-caulberg-3b9a068d0b3c02e1.jpg

That charity and graciousness

NCCB104-64_2015_113644_high.jpg

That ever-burning desire to get better and never settle

cam-newton-cover.jpg

That fashion-forward Don Jean-Ralphio swag, global icon

thatsmyQB.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't think I've ever seen this injury diagnosis ever pop up in a sports game before. From the GAF OOTP league (which I believe is still looking for a few players to fill in some GM spots):

anqY7ok.png

Top Bottom