• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

zychi

Banned
It makes him feel smart. He thinks he's not the exact same person as the people responding to that poll.

The poll is for people like you, who care about air in a football instead of your QB's incompetence to call an audible, and someone who makes threads about Justin Bieber and EDM.

You are ESPN's demographic. The TMZ demographic.

effzee

low hanging fruit. they grab that demographic, in this case cdy, a fan who whines about air in a football for 4 months, instead of the mismanaged game by his qb, Russ

Then they compares his qb to someone who has more rings and isn't likely going anywhere, when a rumor that Russ may not be re-signed comes up.

it's the same thing fox news does with racists (low hanging fruit). focus on the non-issue, and make it about them.

I know how ESPN and all sports media works. Problem you seem obsessed with ESPN and everything they do or don't do. Yes we get it, for the most part they aren't covering anything important, new, or doing price winning journalism. But why would they be?

This is a 24/7 sports entity with 3-4 channels, a whole radio division, and they have to fill their airwaves with something other than baseball during the summer months. I don't see how any other sports network is any different or better in terms of the content of discussion. Some ESPN personalities suck some don't. Some of their shows suck and some don't. But its all ratings driven so obviously the majority of fans like enough of their content for it to keep getting aired.

The FOX news comparison makes no sense but then again you bringing up ESPN on a daily basis in different sports threads across the forum doesn't either. Besides isn't the graphic posted from the NFL Network's awful awful Total Access show?

cdyhybrid

The poll is for people like you, who care about air in a football instead of your QB's incompetence to call an audible, and someone who makes threads about Justin Bieber and EDM.

You are ESPN's demographic. The TMZ demographic.

Nah, I don't get mad about ESPN. You're a mark. Everything ESPN does pisses you off and gets you talking about them.

You are the person ESPN has in mind when they make shows like First Take.

Besides isn't the graphic posted from the NFL Network's awful awful Total Access show?

It is, but don't spoil it for him. zychi is raging against the machine, let him go :3

qRolcL2.png

zychi

Banned
I know how ESPN and all sports media works. Problem you seem obsessed with ESPN and everything they do or don't do. Yes we get it, for the most part they aren't covering anything important, new, or doing price winning journalism. But why would they be?

This is a 24/7 sports entity with 3-4 channels, a whole radio division, and they have to fill their airwaves with something other than baseball during the summer months. I don't see how any other sports network is any different or better in terms of the content of discussion. Some ESPN personalities suck some don't. Some of their shows suck and some don't. But its all ratings driven so obviously the majority of fans like enough of their content for it to keep getting aired.

The FOX news comparison makes no sense but then again you bringing up ESPN on a daily basis in different sports threads across the forum doesn't either. Besides isn't the graphic posted from the NFL Network's awful awful Total Access show?

ESPN covering 3 of the 4 major sports in the US, and other posters, including myself commenting on their terrible coverage in the respective sports threads is just crazy. Who would ever comment on things as they air? I'm totally obsessed with them, I guess I'm obsessed with shitty baseball announcers too, because I comment on them in the baseball thread, all the time, when watching the actual sport. The NHL thread must be obsessed with Pierre McGuire since everyone in that thread rips on him every time he's on tv and close-talking players.

But hey, here's a picture of Chip Kelly winking at ya cuz you don't understand how commenting on current posts works on a forum.

091013-kelly-chip-wink-600.jpg

e: i should post some anime and complain about Brady and the Pats too, right? Isn't that what we should be talking about?

cdyhybrid

ESPN covering 3 of the 4 major sports in the US, and other posters, including myself commenting on their terrible coverage in the respective sports threads is just crazy. Who would ever comment on things as they air? I'm totally obsessed with them, I guess I'm obsessed with shitty baseball announcers too, because I comment on them in the baseball thread, all the time, when watching the actual sport. The NHL thread must be obsessed with Pierre McGuire since everyone in that thread rips on him every time he's on tv and close-talking players.

But hey, here's a picture of Chip Kelly winking at ya cuz you don't understand how commenting on current posts works on a forum.

091013-kelly-chip-wink-600.jpg

You are adorable.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I feel as if I've lost my passion for video games.

Get Splatoon and let's play. Also switch it up with some Hyrule Warriors or Super Mario 3D World.

When life gets complicated or your gaming tastes do, go back to the basics.

Haven't played this much Nintendo since the GameCube days.

zychi

Banned
Get Splatoon and let's play. Also switch it up with some Hyrule Warriors or Super Mario 3D World.

Go back to the Wii then, and get some Galaxy and Zeldas.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Caldwell sees more accurate Lions QB Matthew Stafford in 2015

One of only a few knocks against Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford has been occasional inaccuracy. His penchant for throwing deep and taking chances on the field often results in incompletions.

But Stafford hit on 60.3 percent of his passes a year ago, the second-best rate of his career. And Jim Caldwell believes that will improve this year. His work in offseason practices have provided encouragement.

"He's improved," Caldwell told MLive.com. "He has a better feel for the system. You can see our timing's better, receivers have a better sense of the routes that they're running. All around I think we've made some improvement."

http://mweb.cbssports.com/fantasy/f...re-accurate-lions-qb-matthew-stafford-in-2015

Remember when Drew Brees Saints offense or the Peyton Manning Colts offense was unstoppable because of the play of the QB? They just commanded the field and could read what defenses were throwing at them.

Those Saints, Colts teams were unstoppable on offense and everyone who was watching knew it. We played that Saints team in the playoffs in 2011 and even as a fan you start thinking "how the fuck are we going to stop this team?"

I think we'll be seeing the same with the Lions with Stafford at the helm.

Stafford is hitting that prime starting this year at 27. The 27-33 age is when those QBs tore the league up and I finally see him getting the national attention he deserves (but does not want). Especially considering we have so many nationally televised games this year.

Malalaw

I have zero interest in getting a Wii U at this point, Splatoon just doesn't look interesting to me at all. I've played pretty much all the Wii U games they have out, nothing screams buy me now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Going to go pick up Hyrule Warriors tonight. Going to trade in Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. It's a great game but I don't have time for a 60 hour RPG right now. Do have time for a Musou game though. Last musou game I played was probably Dynasty Warriors 3 for PS2

It's funny because you basically picked the one game on current Nintendo consoles that's actually longer than Xenoblade.

Top Bottom