• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Milchjon

ctbwpt9zjkxjmjgvghwb.gif

Striker

No this was all known and anticipated. He's going to opt out, sign another 2 year/1 year opt out again. There actually is a difference when it comes to the percentage of yearly max salary increases. He gets more money by doing it this way than just opting in and becoming a free agent next season. This is all calculated and expected.

What if he pulls the Cleveland Screwjob?

Cavs screwed the Cavs

Love opted out for contract flexibility and Bron opted out to maximize his earnings and put the fear of God into Gilbert to make sure he submits to his personnel demands.

They're both going back to Cleve. Probably keeping Tristan Thompson too.

But being

A) an anarchist
B) a bitter, jaded fuck who doesn't want to see another "can't get right" franchise be happy while the Hornets are perennial fuckups
C) aware of the disrespect Dan Gilbert showed that man when he exercised his collectively bargained rights to join another team in free agency in 2010

I kind of want to see Lebron and Love team up with Melo in New York

zychi

Banned
Love opted out for contract flexibility and Bron opted out to maximize his earnings and put the fear of God into Gilbert to make sure he submits to his personnel demands.

But being

A) an anarchist
B) a bitter, jaded fuck who doesn't want to see another "can't get right" franchise be happy while the Hornets are perennial fuckups
C) aware of the disrespect Dan Gilbert showed that man when he exercised his collectively bargained rights to join another team in free agency in 2010

its weird when people get on gilbert for comic sans, it happened after he embarrased the city of cleveland on national tv, didnt it? After lebron quit at the free throw line against boston and threw his jersey down while on camera?

Or am i just imagining that?

its weird when people get on gilbert for comic sans, it happened after he embarrased the city of cleveland on national tv, didnt it? After lebron quit at the free throw line against boston and threw his jersey down while on camera?

Or am i just imagining that?

One moment of weakness from Lebron is certainly more important than seven years of his life where he turned the franchise from completely irrelevant to perennial championship contender, dragged them to the playoffs and beyond year after year, and made Gilbert himself millions upon millions of dollars in TV revenue, ticket sales, and merchandise with Bron's face on it, you're right.

Syrinx

But being

A) an anarchist

You don't want to see other incompetent organizations find success, yet you want LeBron to go to the Knicks?

You don't want to see other incompetent organizations find success, yet you want LeBron to go to the Knicks?

The Knicks have chipped.

Sure it was back in the Stone Ages, but it still counts as a legit NBA title, damnit.

I'm more specifically talking about teams that haven't won one.

Bread

Banned
i hope aaron munn invites me to his wedding! they're a great couple and it would be amazing if they stayed together forever.

zychi

Banned
One moment of weakness from Lebron is certainly more important than seven years of his life where he turned the franchise from completely irrelevant to perennial championship contender, dragged them to the playoffs and beyond year after year, and made Gilbert himself millions upon millions of dollars in TV revenue, ticket sales, and merchandise with Bron's face on it, you're right.
When your SO cheats on ya, please let me know if you are going to go out and buy a diamond ring, let them dictate who is allowed in your house and how much you should spend on the paintings of the person they cheated on you with thats going to hang in every room of your house.

When your SO cheats on ya, please let me know if you are going to go out and buy a diamond ring, let them dictate who is allowed in your house and how much you should spend on the paintings of the person they cheated on you with thats going to hang in every room of your house.

If my SO is the Queen of England, I just fucking might.

It's real simple. Dan Gilbert likes money. Dan Gilbert needs a business to make money. Dan Gilbert's business makes A LOT more money with Lebron James

zychi

Banned
If my SO is the Queen of England, I just fucking might.

It's real simple. Dan Gilbert likes money. Dan Gilbert needs a business to make money. Dan Gilbert's business makes A LOT more money with Lebron James

You were hating on Gilbert for writing a letter about a guy who threw his city under a bus on national tv. I'm not debating that Lebron brings money to the team he's on. I'm pointing out that everyone brings up Gilbert's idiocy, but fail to mention why he went off.

Pat Riley doesn't own the Heat, yet he got 2 rings out of Lebron without bowing to his shitty off court issues

Top Bottom