• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Godslay

Banned
It's like the "17 points? Yeah, okay" thing never happened.

And the arguments for the choke seem to point a lot to Peyton Manning and his choking. Pats fans going with the "bu-bu-bu-bu someone else!" thing yet again.

Which is ridiculous also because there are 30 other owners + the city of Green Bay. If the perception was really that Kraft was too chummy with Goddell, you don't think the other owners would want to see Goddell come down hard on the Pats to prove that he's impartial?

That SB choke by the Pats was greater than any choke Peyton had in the entirety of his career. To only score 14 points against a 10-6 weak wildcard was amazing.

Some will say oh well the Broncos only scored 8 against Seattle. Let me remind them that they were a historically great defense and the 1 seed unlike the Giants. They were supposed to play like that. Seattle was actually favored.

Nobody wants to hear the truth though.

Do you think Brady will win a SB when he gets traded to Cleveland?

No but that's more because of how much Cleveland sucks, although brady sucks too

W6fdFud.jpg

MechDX

http://hou.scout.com/story/1545814-texans-tidbit-a-story-on-a-second-round-pick?s=116

O Brien at a coaching summit early this year

O'Brien emphasizes versatility over entitlement: "That's what we're trying to get with our guys in Houston, is to be versatile players and tell them that it's the more they can do. Let's go back to entitlement real quick. One of the things that I do is I have a team meeting, and then following the team meeting I have a special teams meeting. The first time we did this in OTA's, and I'll never forget this, we had a special teams meeting and like four or five guys, and I still need to improve this THIS year, four or five guys, as soon as we broke the team meeting and we're going into the special teams meeting, four or five guys stand up and they walk out."

O'Brien continues: "So I go out in the hallway, and I said; 'where the BLEEP are you going?' [O'Brien then references an unknown player as responding with]: 'Well we don't do special teams, coach.' [Then O'Brien counters]: 'You don't do special teams?!! You better go back in there, because the way you're going to make the team is through special teams.' One guy looks at me and he said: 'make the team? I was a second round draft pick!' [O'Brien]: 'I don't care what draft pick you were, that was just where you were picked. Once the draft's over, now you gotta come in here and earn your keep every day; the more you can do.' So communicating the strategy of team in Houston is a big deal, and we're still working on that."
Also calls Spygate a bunch of BS at the 19:00 mark.

Doomsayer

Do the Patriots really think this was a harsh punishment set upon them?

4 games for CHEATING on the field is a joke. Especially when you can get banned from the NFL for a year/life for alcohol or drug related issues. The whole integrity of the game and protecting the shield that Roger constantly spews out is BS.

I still fill that if this were any other team Brady would've been suspended for at least 8 games.

On a lighter note - I finally broke and bought a PS4. Only have Bloodborne so far and a bunch of PS+ games. Anything you guys recommend?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Do the Patriots really think this was a harsh punishment set upon them?

4 games for CHEATING on the field is a joke. Especially when you can get banned from the NFL for a year/life for alcohol or drug related issues. The whole integrity of the game and protecting the shield that Roger constantly spews out is BS.

I still fill that if this were any other team Brady would've been suspended for at least 8 games.

On a lighter note - I finally broke and bought a PS4. Only have Bloodborne so far and a bunch of PS+ games. Anything you guys recommend?

Dragon Age, Last of Us, GTA5, Shadow of Mordor, Wolfenstein, Dragonball Xenoverse, and DOA5: Last Round have been my favorite games so far.

Lots of solid PSN titles as well, probably too many to recommend. What types of games do you like?

The Last of Us if you've never played, infamous 2nd son was also enjoyable.

Witcher 3 comes out next week I think. I've never played one before but I think it looks really cool!

Doomsayer

Dragon Age, Last of Us, GTA5, Shadow of Mordor, Wolfenstein, Dragonball Xenoverse, and DOA5: Last Round have been my favorite games so far.

Lots of solid PSN titles as well, probably too many to recommend. What types of games do you like?

Honestly, I haven't had a system since Gamecube. I don't really game much anymore but Bloodborne sold me.

I've been looking at Last of Us, Wolfenstein, and Infamous. I'm more into Strategy games or puzzle games. I did get Guacamelee which is awesome! If anyone wants to add me my PSN is Doomsayer52. I'm typically on at night.

The Last of Us if you've never played, infamous 2nd son was also enjoyable.

Witcher 3 comes out next week I think. I've never played one before but I think it looks really cool!

The Witcher looks rad. I'm balls deep in BB though, so I may hold off.

I second all of these other than DBX and DOA5 which I haven't played. Wolfenstein in particular is a must play if you are a fan of shooters, criminally underrated game. The Evil Within is also pretty great if you are a fan of RE4 style action horror games.

Bloodborne is in a league of its own, though. Currently working on my fourth playthrough...

EDIT: Saw your Guacamelee comment. If you're into metroidvania games check out Axiom Verge, it's a great game in the style of Super Metroid.

gutshot

Special teams can easily be the deciding factor in games. No question about it. Never understood why teams/players neglect it.

Yup. Eagles basically won 2-3 more games than they would have otherwise last season simply because their special teams were so good. In most years, that would have been the difference between making or missing the playoffs.

The amount of butt hurt I heard on ESPN radio this morning over Tom Brady being suspended is laughable.

"But there is no way he could do something wrong!"

I don't think anyone said those words on ESPN...They all seemed to think the punishment was overly harsh. Which it is. The NFL has too much heat on it because of the shit they've been pulling the last 2-3 seasons so they had to pretend to be tough on this when it's really not that big a deal

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm now bummed out that bead is not here to get his face rubbed in it.

Or for MRSA to do the rubbing.

Or for bionic to celebrate with us.

Top Bottom