• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Hunter S.

Nice. If only your cousin could hook me up with a job, haha. Don't worry, I'm not trying to come out there and destroy everything, I have a great appreciation for the majestic beauty of the rockies!
Good deal. I have mixed fellings about mining because of hippy, nature boy reasons. The voters did vote against more fracking recently. Anyways, it is great state for natural beauty and should be appreciated. Good luck.

Alright - ridiculous scenario time.

Brady's suspension is upheld. He's out until the Colts game. Garoppolo is the starter. He goes through the mini camps, camp and pre-season as the first team starter. Looks terrific in the pre-season. First game against the Steelers - he struggles, but secondary loses the game. Second game against the Bills - looks a lot better, o-line holds up and they squeak out a win. Third game against the Jaguars - plays brilliant, great awareness, win by two scores. Fourth game against Dallas - plays well against a solid pass rush, is a lot more mobile, win on final score to end the game.

So the Pats are 3-1 going into the bye week. Pretty damn good and Garoppolo has improved every week. He looks like the real deal. He is playing roughly on par with Russell Wilson. Brady is healthy.

If you're Bill Belichick what do you do? Why?

You play Brady.

It would be completely idiotic to do anything else. Jimmy will be around for a long time, a couple decent games isnt enough to supplant a hall of famer.

C'mon.

BigAT

Florio is a fucking idiot.

I don't even think Brady really intentionally cheated, but this works out great for the 49ers FMT. Not only did the seahawks have to lose in heartbreaking fashion like we did to the ravens (schadenfreude is fun) But now we never have to hear "Is Tom Brady better then Montana" ever again!

Can I join in on the fun?
Tammy is a cheater!
Tammy is a cheater!
Tammy is a cheater!
Tammy is a cheater!
Tammy is a cheater!
Tammy is a cheater!
Tammy is a cheater!
Tammy is a cheater!
Tammy is a cheater!
Tammy is a cheater!
Tammy is a cheater!
Tammy is a cheater!

I don't even think Brady really intentionally cheated, but this works out great for the 49ers FMT. Not only did the seahawks have to lose in heartbreaking fashion like we did to the ravens (schadenfreude is fun) But now we never have to hear "Is Tom Brady better then Montana" ever again!

HEY! SHUT UP!

lol, that discussion is never going away

it's truly the best possible outcome. tom exposed as a cheater, obviously invalidating any possible comparison to joe cool, and the seachickens still didn't win the superbowl. you can * the patriots superbowls (all of them!) but that doesn't make the team they beat the champion. if that is the case, then you could say the colts or ravens are the superbowl champs too

yNb6jT6l.png

#FuckCheaters
#FuckTomBrady

Manning has been deflating the whole time confirmed. Looks like he deflated them more post 2007 since his rate got even lower.

Here you go, welcome to Wyoming.

This one is fairly close to my hometown, just in Montana though.

Engineer Mining, Search on Spring Creek Coal Mine:

http://cloudpeakenergy.com/employment/open-positions-external-candidate-application/

I knew the mine, just wondered if they were actually hiring. LOL.
Nice, thank you sir! The only thing that worries me with this is staying in the coal industry, I'm kind of tired of all the politics and general hatred you have to deal with from the public. That said, PRB coal has a brighter future than coal in the Appalachian basin, far lower cost per ton to mine.

At this point I just think it would be nice to work in a less hostile and volitile industry. Maybe gold or copper, haha.

cdyhybrid

We have a ring in the time since minidisc players though.

lol, that discussion is never going away

Yes it is, there's no contest. Tammy couldn't hold Montana's jock.

Good deal. I have mixed fellings about mining because of hippy, nature boy reasons. The voters did vote against more fracking recently. Anyways, it is great state for natural beauty and should be appreciated. Good luck.
Very understandable. I have plenty of reservations about fracking as well. Mining used to be an unregulated industry that destroyed land and never looked back but thankfully we put a lot more into land reclamation these days. There is plenty that needs to be mined though, if it doesn't grow on a tree or plant it probably comes from a mine or quarry.

it's truly the best possible outcome. tom exposed as a cheater, obviously invalidating any possible comparison to joe cool, and the seachickens still didn't win the superbowl. you can * the patriots superbowls (all of them!) but that doesn't make the team they beat the champion. if that is the case, then you could say the colts or ravens are the superbowl champs too

So the meteor did hit!

Grexeno

I'm a VT grad. Our mining program is pretty big but there were only 32 graduates in my class. You used to live in Colorado right? Colorado School of Mines is definitely one of the best mining schools in the country, if not the best.

I'm actually trying pretty hard to move out west right now (preferably CO). Coal industry is dying fast here in the east so I'm trying to get into a different mining industry, if not something like geotechnical engineering. The job search has been rough so far.
Oh man, I'm graduating from VT in a few days. Go Hokies and all that.

Godslay

Banned
Nice, thank you sir! The only thing that worries me with this is staying in the coal industry, I'm kind of tired of all the politics and general hatred you have to deal with from the public. That said, PRB coal has a brighter future than coal in the Appalachian basin, far lower cost per ton to mine.

At this point I just think it would be nice to work in a less hostile and volitile industry. Maybe gold or copper, haha.

Just had to look, as I only know of a couple mines. Thought it was a cool coincidence.

Bad part from what I've heard is they have layoffs every so often. So might not be best place to be stuck if the winds change.

all this attention will just light a fire under hoody's ass again and he will find new ways to cheat to get brady 5. then what?

I still blame the chiefs for pats 4th owl

Just had to look, as I only know of a couple mines. Thought it was a cool coincidence.

Bad part from what I've heard is they have layoffs every so often. So might not be best place to be stuck if the winds change.
That is a pretty funny coincidence. I'd be fairly well qualified for that job too! Who knows where I'll end up, just ready for something new and different.

Hunter S.

all this attention will just light a fire under hoody's ass again and he will find new ways to cheat to get brady 5. then what?

I still blame the chiefs for pats 4th owl
Lol, you mean because after the Chiefs destroyed the Pats, the Patriots started to dominate? Good point, fuck the Chefs for creating this violation of human decency that is the Pats being *champs.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Manning has been deflating the whole time confirmed. Looks like he deflated them more post 2007 since his rate got even lower.

...dear lord, don't ever touch anything math or analysis related ever. I am starting to get where the entire Pats denialism is coming in from. Do you understand math? Or analysis? Because that statement equivocally says you do not.

Manning went from .84 to .7. A raw drop of .14%, and a relative drop of 17%. Brady went from 1.69% to .82%. Cut his rate by over 50%. Basically, Brady dropped down to what Manning was at before the rules were changed.

Duxxy3

...dear lord, don't ever touch anything math or analysis related ever. I am starting to get where the entire Pats denialism is coming in from. Do you understand math? Or analysis? Because that statement equivocally says you do not.

Manning went from .84 to .7. A raw drop of .14%, and a relative drop of 17%. Brady went from 1.69% to .82%. Cut his rate by over 50%. Basically, Brady dropped down to what Manning was at before the rules were changed.

Look at how many intentional groundings he gets hit with now.

Patriots7

The most important thing that came out of today is I'm really going to have come up with a new drafting strategy in fantasy this year.

I can't decide if I want to spend a 2nd rounder for TB12 or see if I can hold on for the third or fourth round. Ugh.

#GoodellNFL

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
The most important thing that came out of today is I'm really going to have come up with a new drafting strategy in fantasy this year.

I can't decide if I want to spend a 2nd rounder for TB12 or see if I can hold on for the third or fourth round. Ugh.

#GoodellNFL

Considering the Patriots secondary and the cupcake schedule they have...I'd err on the higher side of drafting TB.

RBs will probably dominate the 1st round, and Luck / Rodgers / Wilson (whose running yards make him a fantasy monster) will be some of the first QBs gone. If Luck, Rodgers, and Manning get taken prior to your 2nd rd pick, grab Brady.

Jimmy G is going to come in and lead the Pats to a magical 4-0 run. The fans will move onto their younger, handsome, so-far uncorrupted new hero leading the team to the Pats elusive first Super Bowl title; Brady will be left to the bench, Belicheck will ship him up the river and trade Brady to Cleveland where he'll play out the remaining two years of his career before suffering a broken toenail that forces him to retire prematurely.

squicken

http://www.footballperspective.com/thoughts-on-tom-bradys-deflategate-punishment/

I thought Chase Stuart sums things up pretty well. You really don't see Pats fans arguing that Brady didn't cheat. They complain about the process or a sting operation or corrupt Goodell or that everyone else does it too (see also Chickens' DBs and steroids)

"If ever there was a time to suspend a player, I would think unleveling the playing field in a playoff game is a pretty good time to do it."

Hammer24

Banned
How the hell did Rog come to this fine?! Did he take a cornucopia shake and see what´s going to fall out?
Don´t get me wrong, if up to me I´d have banned Brady for the full season. But the 1Mio hurts no one, and the picks are not fitting as a punishment.

Oh, and:
Fire Lovie/Licht!

cajunator

Banned
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOOOOOOOORNINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Godslay

Banned
Jimmy G is going to come in and lead the Pats to a magical 4-0 run. The fans will move onto their younger, handsome, so-far uncorrupted new hero leading the team to the Pats elusive first Super Bowl title; Brady will be left to the bench, Belicheck will ship him up the river and trade Brady to Cleveland where he'll play out the remaining two years of his career before suffering a broken toenail that forces him to retire prematurely.

Odds are Garafolo is beneath the Dalton line.

Top Bottom