• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Jarnet87

Never seen Swearinger play. I read hes a strong safety. Tampa could definitely use one. I'd take him unless Lovie Smith gets the genius idea to play him at free safety like he did with Goldson.

ampere

Gonna be funny when Garoppolo is really good and you haters are like "wow he's really good the Pats are still the best omg /bow"

BigAT

CEzfmCBVIAEPCIR.jpg

Talon

http://www.footballperspective.com/thoughts-on-tom-bradys-deflategate-punishment/

I thought Chase Stuart sums things up pretty well. You really don't see Pats fans arguing that Brady didn't cheat. They complain about the process or a sting operation or corrupt Goodell or that everyone else does it too (see also Chickens' DBs and steroids)

"If ever there was a time to suspend a player, I would think unleveling the playing field in a playoff game is a pretty good time to do it."
Pretty much.

Jarnet87

Jimmy Garoppolo, looked more like Janeane Garofalo out there against the Bills. He still having nightmares about that game, dude was running around like he was timmy treebow. He already dead.

j-wood

The amount of butt hurt I heard on ESPN radio this morning over Tom Brady being suspended is laughable.

"But there is no way he could do something wrong!"

Draxal

But another storyline I found interesting was what, inside the letter that league executive vice president Troy Vincent wrote to the Patriots, was actually being said to the other 31 teams in the league. The crushing harshness contained this message to the rest of the NFL that Goodell wanted to send: We do not play favorites.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/11/tom-brady-suspension-patriots-deflategate-punishment/

But Kraft has the other 31 owners eating from the palms of his hand.

:jnc

Okay kas.

How could you not be nervous in their position? Eventually you have to make room for all those Division Champion awards, and you've already filled three full book shelves and started hanging them up on the goddamn wall. Gonna need a whole new house soon.

squicken

#‎NoBradyNoBanner‬

BOSTON (CBS) – New England Patriots fans are furious with the punishment for Tom Brady and Deflategate.

So much so that there’s growing support for the #NoBradyNoBanner hash tag on Twitter, suggesting that if Brady can’t play in the season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Patriots should postpone raising their Super Bowl banner until he can join them.

Jimmy Garoppolo, looked more like Janeane Garofalo out there against the Bills. He still having nightmares about that game, dude was running around like he was timmy treebow. He already dead.

Don't worry, Belicheat will have the greatest, constant helmet communication he can for Jimmy Grabshispole.

cdyhybrid

We should remove all Belicheat-associated banners so the attention can rightfully be directed back to the great accomplishments of a man named Drew Bledsoe.

Teriyaki

Pats fans shouldn't worry about the lost 2016 1st and 4th. They would've ended up being traded down for a 2nd, 5th and 6th and a couple of 2017 picks only Kiper knows the names of anyway. The 2nd would been a future WR bust so Goodell really just saved you the heartache and cap space.

Pepiope

The most important thing that came out of today is I'm really going to have come up with a new drafting strategy in fantasy this year.

I can't decide if I want to spend a 2nd rounder for TB12 or see if I can hold on for the third or fourth round. Ugh.

#GoodellNFL
Hold out. Draft the 2015 MVP Bradford in round 8. Win.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
"18-1 wasn't a choke!"

"The Giants were not an underdog!"

"The Pats didn't take them lightly!"

It's like the "17 points? Yeah, okay" thing never happened.

And the arguments for the choke seem to point a lot to Peyton Manning and his choking. Pats fans going with the "bu-bu-bu-bu someone else!" thing yet again.

"Goodell will be fired for this! He's lost support of Kraft"

Which is ridiculous also because there are 30 other owners + the city of Green Bay. If the perception was really that Kraft was too chummy with Goddell, you don't think the other owners would want to see Goddell come down hard on the Pats to prove that he's impartial?

Draxal

Which is ridiculous also because there are 30 other owners + the city of Green Bay. If the perception was really that Kraft was too chummy with Goddell, you don't think the other owners would want to see Goddell come down hard on the Pats to prove that he's impartial?

Which is exactly what happened, you can bet Woody Johnson is rubbing one out right now.

Crisco

Banned
This is like the best thing that could have happened to the NFL this offseason. A scandal not involving concussions or domestic violence that shames a player and franchise vehemently hated/envied by most of the league's fanbase. Keeping all eyes on them without the shame (except for the Patriots)!

Top Bottom