• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Any of the parents here have any experience with Montessori schools? My daughter just got lotteried into a charter Montessori school (so it's free) for third grade and I don't know how I feel.

I hope they teach that cheating is wrong there, I heard Tom Brady went to a Montessori school.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CE0fT_CUsAEgXtI.png

Lance Moore - WR - Lions
Lions signed WR Lance Moore, formerly of the Steelers, to a one-year contract.
Add Lance Moore to an already bursting offense. Stuck up packers fans will feel our wrath.
RESTORE THE ROAR!

What are we denying

There was a period of 3 hours yesterday where at least one guy said the Pats would take the league to court and win, and also that Brady would appeal all of this and end up with 0 games, and also that nothing wrong was done. Plus at least a few tried to pass the buck by comparing the suspension to Ray Rice's.

A lot of denial in each of those, and that's just the stuff I remember.

There was a period of 3 hours yesterday where at least one guy said the Pats would take the league to court and win, and also that Brady would appeal all of this and end up with 0 games, and also that nothing wrong was done. Plus at least a few tried to pass the buck by comparing the suspension to Ray Rice's.

A lot of denial in each of those, and that's just the stuff I remember.
Were you bothered by that

Never said he did.He admitted he always had his coaches spy and steal signals with the utmost integrity and not to gain a competitive advantage.

"Spy" LOL.

Here's his quote:

“The only thing they got caught (was) doing it with a camera,” Cowher told the radio station. “We had people that always tried to steal signals. Stealing someone's signals was a part of the game, and everyone attempted to do that.”

Cowher said “part of the things we had (were) wristbands that we were using to do it,” attempting to identify opposing teams' verbal signals that were being yelled to the players on the field.

Everyone spies, right? Just like everyone deflates now. And whatever the next infraction is, I'm sure everyone else will be guilty of that too. But somehow, it'll just be the P*ts that keep getting hit for it because it's all a big conspiracy. New England Truthers!

Tom Penny

"Spy" LOL.

Here's his quote:

Everyone spies, right? Just like everyone deflates now. And whatever the next infraction is, I'm sure everyone else will be guilty of that too. But somehow, it'll just be the P*ts that keep getting hit for it because it's all a big conspiracy. New England Truthers!

I'm not sure your point. At the end of the day the Steelers hired people to " observe " the other team and steal their signals to gain a competitive advantage. Obviously you are fine with that.

I'm not sure your point. At the end of the day the Steelers hired people to " observe " the other team and steal their signals to gain a competitive advantage. Obviously you are fine with that.

LMAO. Yeah, that's exactly what he said. First he said they "spied." Now he said, "they hired people specifically to 'observe' the other team." Love how you put "observe" in quotes too. You guys are a trip.

cajunator

Banned
Pats fans, you just won a super bowl and have 4 total rings* to your teams name. Why does it even matter if you get penalized at this point?
Take the bad with the good. thats how sports works.

Crisco

Banned
It's weird after 4 seasons, 2 NFC South Championships, and a coach of the year award, Panther's fans are still pretty unsure of Rivera. He's definitely on the "player's coach" side of the spectrum, and the locker room loves him, but I still feel his teams lack that attention to detail you see from elite teams.

The roster this year is shaping up to be the deepest and most talented he's had in Carolina, and combined with a healthy Cam Newton, there are no more excuses for the kind of inconsistency his teams have historically shown. We've got stability at most key positions, veterans all over able to teach newcomers the system, and a bunch of guys entering their athletic prime where football knowledge and physical ability converge at their peak.

Assuming some combination of Oher/Martin/Remmers/Williams/Chandler can hold down the two tackle spots and a healthy Cam Newton does a better job avoiding the rush, this is a team with very few holes and a lot of elite talent. I'd expect a Sean Payton or Harbaugh bro to lose no more than 4-6 games with this roster, and never more than 2 in a row. That's the standard Rivera should be held too going forward.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
· 18m 18 minutes ago
Ted Wells says on a call that no one from Tom Brady’s camp raised any issue with his impartiality. Notes Kraft welcomed his appointment

Ted Wells, responding to Don Yee: “I think it’s wrong to question my independence because you don’t like my findings.”

Ted Wells: “Patriots were all over me from Day 1 on why @NFL did not warn them of a complaint, alleging it was a sting. He did not find that

Ted Wells: “Patriots provided me substantial cooperation except in 1 critical & crucial area – I wanted to do a 2nd interview with McNally.”

Ted Wells said he told Tom Brady that he wouldn’t even hold his phone. Would just take printouts. Brady would not provide the information

Interesting

Bart Hubbuch ‏@BartHubbuch · 9m9 minutes ago
Ted Wells wanted to speak to McNally a second time after finding "The Deflator" text. That's when the Pats suddenly stopped cooperating.

mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL · 8m8 minutes ago
Wells basically just called the Pats liars when it came to McNally interview requests.

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt · 10m10 minutes ago
Wells said Patriots blocked second interview - with his team -- with the "Deflator." Critical to the investigation.

Damn. This like some "A few Good Men" type shit

ampere

Pats fans, you just won a super bowl and have 4 total rings* to your teams name. Why does it even matter if you get penalized at this point?
Take the bad with the good. thats how sports works.

cajun I think you accidentally hit your 8 key on the keyboard and shift when typing the word rings. There is a weird symbol there

Just looking out for you buddy :)

Pride I suppose since so many bubble guys play nothing but special teams.

I find this disrespectful.

I find how you betrayed our friendship disrespectful.

That isn't a proper noun, Dutch. Do I need to teach you the English?

Do I need to slap your dick off?

I know you're going through a lot right now but we are here to support you. Just pick a new favorite team and we'll try to tell you some positives about them.

Screw you dad

Reported.

Kessel is a punk ass bitch.

Good morning friend!

I woke up nice and early, had some coffee, and now I'm about to make breakfast! Great day so far!

Fuck your breakfast and I hope you have a great fucking day, best friend.

BigAT

Milch sent me a text and said he was proud of the OP and that the truth, no matter how much it hurts, is the most important thing.

Top Bottom