• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

eznark

Banned
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/203116571.html

NFC scout: "(Alex) Smith is the better athlete."

Jerry Angelo, Chicago: "I'd give Rodgers the edge (over Smith) just because he was easier to evaluate. And there's a little more arm. But the edge is negligible."

NFC scout: "I think he has a good chance of being a bust. Just like every other Tedford-coached quarterback. Thing I struggle with him is he gets sacked a lot. He doesn't have great ability to change the release of the football. He's mechanically very rigid. Brett Favre can change his release point and find different windows. There will be more growing pains with Alex Smith but in the end he has a much better chance to be much better."

AFC scout: "I don't like him. He's a clone of Harrington and Boller. They all throw the same way. What have those guys done? Nothing.

AFC scout: "I don't think he's in the class of the quarterbacks that came out last year. Strong arm. Pretty good athlete. Still has some holes in his game."

Bill Polian, Indianapolis: Am I certain that he's going to come in and lead my team to the Promised Land? I can't say that. I'm not even sure I can say that about Alex Smith."

AFC scout: "He's a system quarterback. 3-, 5-, 7-step guy. Can't create on his own. Panics under pressure. Gets flustered easy.

sSNgZ.gif

squicken

Sando Insider column on upcoming FF projections. I thought his Calvin Johnson note was interesting

3. Calvin Johnson scares me as the seventh WR

Megatron has missed five games over the past two seasons and wasn't right physically in others. Last year, an executive from another team summarized concerns this way: "I heard that some of the coaches in the mix for the Detroit job [in early 2014] had some concerns. ... I had heard then that there are serious concerns about his health, that with all the maintenance that is involved, this guy is going to fall apart at some point." That point has not yet come, but there are signs it is coming sooner rather than later. Better to be a year early than a year late.

0511-subasset-gronk-papa-splash-3.jpg

I'm pretty sure this whole family is from Idiocracy.

" Cause now I'm starin' back at him, feelin' some type of disrespect. If I could throw a bat at him, it'd be aimin' at his neck"

People shitting on GRONK and his family during these times. You're the worst.

" Cause now I'm starin' back at him, feelin' some type of disrespect. If I could throw a bat at him, it'd be aimin' at his neck"

Let me ask you this, of all of those idiots who is the only one with a shirt on?

Now THAT is disrespect.

Duxxy3

I love Gronk. Everybody loves him. He is the meatiest of meatheads. There is no doubt in my mind that he would be best friends with Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.

Afrikan

you forgot the most important one.

Rodgers was too Cocky. Thank You Nolan.

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/01/18/aaron-rodgers
Smith's stock rose before the draft, in the inexplicable ways that have to do with agents and "insider" buzz. The younger Smith was deemed more "coachable" and pliant by the 49ers -- he was willing to do a series of oddball tasks like hop on one foot without questioning why Nolan was asking him to do so (note: pliant is not a good quality in quarterbacks). Rodgers, in contrast, was viewed as cocky

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/03/remember-the-la.html
In a workout more befitting a schoolchild at recess than a would-be NFL quarterback, the 49ers had Smith skip rope, play four-square, hop on one foot and roll a ball through his legs.

"It was awkward," Smith recalled Saturday. "It was very strange, and we did some drills afterward that were pretty peculiar. I think they wanted to take me out of my comfort zone. They wanted to see how I'd react."

As it turns out, he reacted just fine. The 49ers made Smith, who won't turn 21 until May 7, the top pick in the NFL draft Saturday and, more importantly, the new face of a franchise trying to crawl out of the league's basement.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/03/remember-the-la.html#storylink=cpy

Watching the wire for first time, it's very good so far.

But one of the characters said "you come at the king you best not miss" and I realized gotor says that all the time. It made me chuckle but at the same time smh.
Lol but ...Smh gotor, smh

Watching the wire for first time, it's very good so far.

But one of the characters said "you come at the king you best not miss" and I realized gotor says that all the time. It made me chuckle but at the same time smh.
Lol but ...Smh gotor, smh
You think it be lol but it don't, it be srs.

Top Bottom