• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

zychi

Banned
So Antonio Gates got suspended 4 games for PED use?

Guess who the Chargers play Week 1?

mVUThN8.png
You really didnt watch any football last year, did you?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
PS friends and Pats fans

Your degenerate jak is in a state of depression, I don't know why people tell me they're depressed when they know I don't care.

jak get some help. Imagine how depressed you'd be if you were a lifelong Lions fan instead of a Steelers fan. Sometimes I forgive myself for all my past drinking, drug use and transgressions because, shit, imagine having to watch Matt Millen assemble your team for 10 years.

Seriously though, drinking only makes life worse if you're depressed. Hit up some local AA meetings they help immensely, IMO, if you're willing.

Get well too, Malalaw

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You really didnt watch any football last year, did you?

We're going to kick the shit out of the Chargers. Only player who worries me is Melvin Gordon but I expect our offense to come out full swinging against a meh Chargers defense.

Come out early, get a nice two, three touchdown lead and let our defense play the pass.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Antonio Gates had 69 receptions, 821 yards and 12 TDs last year. Still Phillip Rivers go to after all these years.

The hybrid WR/TE combo that Gates helped revolutionize torch will be passed to Eric Ebron this year.

Godslay

Banned
The chargers are mediocre enough to win or lose to anyone.

Edit: Mediocre isn't the word I'm looking for....hmm let me think

They are mediocre. Although they can be very good at times. Weird bipolar team.

Thats not what i was saying. Gates is a shell of his former self. Remember, Kas watched all Lions games through gifs last year

He might be over the hill now, but he wasn't last year and had a damn good season. Better than Julius Thomas when you look at it as a whole. Julius got paid too, for lesser numbers. He had 800+ yards and 12 TDs, and was (probably) his second best season of his entire career. Guess you don't get to see Gates work from gifs though...

zychi

Banned

He might be over the hill now, but he wasn't last year and had a damn good season. Better than Julius Thomas when you look at it as a whole. Julius got paid too, for lesser numbers. He had 800+ yards and 12 TDs, and was (probably) his second best season of his entire career. Guess you don't get to see Gates work from gifs though...
He didnt really play well, he was questionable every week, and a bunch of his tds were in garbage time iirc. His stats after the bye are meh. The Chargers were rolling for the first half of the year. Stats can hide what actually happens.

Julius had a bad year because Peyton's arm got weak and he had other options to throw to.

Bipolar was the word I was looking for, but agreed

Striker

He didnt really play well, he was questionable every week, and a bunch of his tds were in garbage time iirc. His stats after the bye are meh. The Chargers were rolling for the first half of the year. Stats can hide what actually happens.
He had more catches and yards in the first half of games. Two less TD's, though.

Julius Thomas has such a high bust rate as a FA for the Jags. Bortles isn't Peyton, but it's the WR like Thomas, Decker, Welker, and Sanders taking away any hard coverage to his side.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I'll pass. I don't want to make things worse.

lol

I was sick like what you describe last year and to pass the time while I rested I watched that entire simpsons marathon on FX. TV stayed on from start to finish. It helped a bit to distract me.

I dont' feel like doing shit tonight but drinking some chocolate milk and watching a marathon of JAIL episodes on SpikeTV. Is there something wrong with me?

cajunator

Banned
I dont' feel like doing shit tonight but drinking some chocolate milk and watching a marathon of JAIL episodes on SpikeTV. Is there something wrong with me?

Half the time when Im off work at my parents house, I just watch science shows, history documentaries, and How its made.

Godslay

Banned

Julius had a bad year because Peyton's arm got weak and he had other options to throw to.

I watched all of the Chargers games last year btw. Same with Chiefs. Not just the match ups against Denver, all of the regular season games. I typically do this for the division unless I know they're are out of contention that year aka Raiders last couple years. Even then I still probably watched 7 or 8 of their games last year.

Julius' numbers aren't considered a bad year. The guy was a red zone monster. His numbers had nothing to do with Peyton's arm or quad injury. His utilization is best in the redzone where arm strength means little in comparison to touch.

JT also held himself out of games with injury. He didn't give 100%, as he knew he did enough to get paid. They started going to other players after that and you saw the shift if you actually watched the games. He was called out on it by teammates and media alike.

zychi

Banned
I watched all of the Chargers games last year btw. Same with Chiefs. Not just the match ups against Denver, all of the regular season games. I typically do this for the division unless I know they're are out of contention that year aka Raiders last couple years. Even then I still probably watched 7 or 8 of their games last year.

Julius' numbers aren't considered a bad year. The guy was a red zone monster. His numbers had nothing to do with Peyton's arm or quad injury. His utilization is best in the redzone where arm strength means little in comparison to touch.

JT also held himself out of games with injury. He didn't give 100%, as he knew he did enough to get paid. They started going to other players after that and you saw the shift if you actually watched the games. He was called out on it by teammates and media alike.

I"m not disputing what you're saying, but you're also not proving me wrong. Peyton went to other receivers because of his injuries. ESanders also had a breakout year, which took away catches from Julius. I followed your Broncos all year too, I had Peyton in 1 fantasy league, Julius in another and ESanders in my third.

e: googling stats. ESand had 101 rec w 141 targets, JT went from 65 in '13 to 43 in '14, with 1 less game. 89 v 60 targets too

Also, I'm glad we are having actual football talk again.

Jock him when he's on your team, tear him down when he leaves. I know that game brah

Top Bottom