• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

2nd Best QB in Dolphins History
Which isn't say much considering we had Grease and Marino for like 30 years of our history and hot garbage for the 13 year gap between Tannehill and Marino

Such disrespect

GlumVigorousAfricangroundhornbill.gif

49ers' DT Justin Smith is retiring, sources tell @JimTrotter_NFL. Great player, big loss, in many ways.--Schefter

Did the Niners plan for this outcome? Seems kind of late to announce your retirement

We drafted future first round bust Arik Armstrong so sure we knew smith was retiring

Tabris

Tabris get out

Gata no thanks ;)

By the way, incase nobody told you, #deflategate is not your fault.

258440_o.gif

But it is your fault for cheering for those cheaters. Pair down to the Jags and you'll only have to worry about a team perpetually cursed with bust draft picks, but at least they don't cheat.

jakncoke

Banned
With the contract, Marino, who will turn 30 years of age on Sept. 15, leapfrogs over San Francisco quarterback Joe Montana, previously the league's highest-paid player. Montana signed a four-year deal in 1990 that pays an average of $3.2 million a year. His contract decreases in value each year, and he is scheduled to earn $4 million this year. No Specifics Given

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/08/21/sports/football-marino-now-nfl-s-highest-paid-player.html

So in 1990 the highest contract was 12.8? crazy

jakncoke

Banned
In 1993 Aikman surpassed Marino contract with a 8 year 50 million deal, also here is a list of top paid according to la times in 1993

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-12-24/sports/sp-5081_1_dallas-cowboys

1) Troy Aikman 50 million
2) Steve Young 26.75 million
3) Dan Marino 22.6(wonder why they list 300k higher than the other figures)
4) John Elway 18.8 million
5) Barry Sanders 17.2 million
6) Reggie White 17 million
7) Warren Moon 14.25 million
8) Emmitt Smith 13.6 million
9) Thurman Thomas 13.5 million
10) Joe Montana 10.3 million

So yeah I wasn't feeling Mad Max outside that last action scene. Just wasn't doing it for me

Maybe I'm not that much of fan of vehicular combat as opposed to weapon or hand to hand combat

I want to give a shot out to that bish Mike Holmgren for not even taking Tannys workouts serious. Instead giving me weeden and my boy Trent Truck. I'll never forget you mike

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I like how the SeaCheapy franchise doesn't want to even pay Russell as much as Tannehill. Back to irrelevancy. Foles will lead the way to NFCW supremacy.

effzee

Eh. When the NFL has a season that begins in March and ends in November, he can expect to be paid as much as MLB stars.

Basketball, fair point. That sport is boring as fuck.

LOL boring is subjective. NBA's stars draw, sell products, and are bigger faces of sports worldwide than any NFL star.

Not a legit point when comparing salaries across sports.

I do agree with OBJ. NFL players have the least guaranteed money, risk the most, and play in the most profitable league.

hXUzuQH.gif

smh.

Philadelphia sports fans. This is why I'm never surprised when Eagles fans boo injured players.

Look at the disappointment of the child on the left as he realizes the caliber of people he lives around. His bitterness will soon turn into Eagles fandom.

effzee

hXUzuQH.gif

smh.

Philadelphia sports fans. This is why I'm never surprised when Eagles fans boo injured players.

Look at the disappointment of the child on the left as he realizes the caliber of people he lives around. His bitterness will soon turn into Eagles fandom.

Where are you from?

You guys are making me so hyped for Mad Max. A movie reviewer on the radio said its the best movie of the year.

Side note, the witcher looks amazing. Have to wait to get it though

Top Bottom