• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I wonder how much the PAT rule changes will affect sports betting. From 33 yards out there still likely will be around a 92-95% conversion rate or so, but is that far enough out from 99% where that missed point will make or break covering the spread more often now?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
LOL:

UA8P2Dq.gif

Spectator view:

wmz3282.gif

BigAT

I really don't understand the idea that PATs need to be harder or less automatic. Do people really want games that are determined by missed extra points?

I really don't understand the idea that PATs need to be harder or less automatic. Do people really want games that are determined by missed extra points?

The idea is goading coaches into going for 2 more often by making the 1 point less guaranteed.

I'm with cdy in thinking it's a waste of time though.

Just give the teams 6 points for a touchdown and give them the ability to score a 2 point conversion. No kicks whatsoever. Or 7 points for a touchdown with the ability to score a 1 point conversion from the 2 yard line.

Tom Penny

Because they are wasting are time evening running a 99.5% play so either get rid of them or make them a more competition play.

Just give everyone 7 fucking points and call it a day. If they go for the 8 points and don't get it they get 6 points.

Jesus fucking Christ NFL. We have more important manners to talk about like how Tom Brady is the scum of the earth or that Tim Tebow is going to change the landscape of the world in a few months. C'mon focus on the real issues NFL!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Games are already determined by field goals which can sometimes feel hollow as is.

I guess PATs would feel even worse

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So how do penalties work with PAT now? Running into the kicker would be a 5 yard penalty on a PAT attempt but would it apply as half the distance to the goal if a team wanted to switch to a 2 PT attempt afterwards?

Honestly if they wanted to make teams go for 2 more often move the distance from the 2 yard line to the 1 on all attempts. This distance change just seems silly. They should have just kept everything the same because there was nothing wrong with how its been.

I almost would have preferred to have the 4th pick to be honest. I want nothing to do with Okafor. He's not athletic at all. An Okafor/Randle frontcourt would be awful defensively. Winslow is my guy. Have some balls Mitch.

FTF

Get rid of the PAT entirely. Make TDs 7 points. Sacrifice a point to try for 2.

25 yard PATs are no more fun to watch than what we have now.

They'll never do this and miss out on that extra commercial break after every PAT.

cdyhybrid

I almost would have preferred to have the 4th pick to be honest. I want nothing to do with Okafor. He's not athletic at all. An Okafor/Randle frontcourt would be awful defensively. Winslow is my guy. Have some balls Mitch.

Maybe the T-Wolves will pull a Cleveland and draft someone shitty with the #1 pick.

I hope not though, fuck the Lakers

Maybe the T-Wolves will pull a Cleveland and draft someone shitty with the #1 pick.

I hope not though, fuck the Lakers

I'm hoping they fall in love with Okafor and Towns, who at last looks a little more versatile and athletic, falls to us. Hey the TWolves traded for Al Jefferson maybe they like all offense bigs who couldn't guard my grandma.

Pepiope

So after fucking up over time and kick offs, now they fuck up extra points. The league is on an impressive roll.
I like the OT rule, and while I don't really like this rule change right now, I'll see it play out before further judgement. This is why the Eagles got Tebow. 2 PTs!

Top Bottom