• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

squicken

Dark Knight is still the best comic book movie, if not one of the best films of all time.

It's no Godfather but it's up there.

Please, breh. No. It has a great performance by Ledger but it is not a great movie

Spidey 2 is the best comic movie and I'd argue that there are 4 X-Men movies better than TDK

But I guess the important thing is we all agree that Nolan was way overhyped by fanboys for too long

Please, breh. No. It has a great performance by Ledger but it is not a great movie

Spidey 2 is the best comic movie and I'd argue that there are 4 X-Men movies better than TDK

But I guess the important thing is we all agree that Nolan was way overhyped by fanboys for too long

Spidey 2 has not aged well at all. Outside of Molina as Doc Oc , it's pretty forgettable.

4 X-Men films? The original movie ugh. X2 on are pretty solid but none are as good as TDK. X2 comes the closest.

That said, Batman Begins was a better movie than TDK. It also happened to feature the best version of Gotham in all of the Nolan films. It just became a variant of Chicago in later movies.

As for Avengers, the whole looks like TV is apt for the original movie which looked claustrophobic and cheap. Age of Ultron looks nothing like that. One of the biggest improvements in the sequel is the cinematography. I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

MechDX

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant · 1m1 minute ago
Undrafted rookie DE James Rouse (Marshall) tore his Achilles tendon yesterday, per O'Brien. #Texans

Damn. What is wrong all these players tendons?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Spidey 2 has not aged well at all. Outside of Molina as Doc Oc , it's pretty forgettable.

4 X-Men films? The original movie ugh. X2 on are pretty solid but none are as good as TDK. X2 comes the closest.

That said, Batman Begins was a better movie than TDK. It also happened to feature the best version of Gotham in all of the Nolan films. It just became a variant of Chicago in later movies.

As for Avengers, the whole looks like TV is apt for the original movie which looked claustrophobic and cheap. Age of Ultron looks nothing like that. One of the biggest improvements in the sequel is the cinematography. I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

You guys are nuts.

I walked away from the Dark Knight feeling blown away, haven't walked away from many movies like that. Like I was emotionally affected for days after. It was so intense!

Tom Penny

8dG9KR0.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

jaguars-fan-cant-believe-it-nfl-fan-gifs.gif

jakncoke

Banned
You guys are nuts.

I walked away from the Dark Knight feeling blown away, haven't walked away from many movies like that. Like I was emotionally affected for days after. It was so intense!

TDK was amazing for me for the first 3 or so viewings, I feel as if its losing feel for me with each viewing

ampere

You guys are dumbs and olds. Tom will get a lifetime ban for not crying during the deflate presser. He'll never be able to go to the little league world series again

Narag

I liked the blade movies, wondering when hollywood and or snipes will start it up again or reboot because reasons

I think Marvel has the rights again. They should revive the "Marvel Knights" comic imprint for the MCU and give us some darker stuff like Blade and The Punisher!

Trinity. Man that was so bad. Snipes was just there to collect a check and it was apparent in his acting

Was that the one where he refused to open his eyes in one scene so they had to CG composite some in in post? lmao

Jarnet87

agreed.

Outside of the Ash movies Raimi sucks. X-Men original Trilogy is pure garbage, so is DoFP. First Class is the only decent one, Singer is garbage. Somehow Batman (most of the films) have avoided being junk, but most other big time comic franchise movies are bad. The lesser known comic book films have been better, feels like they have more freedom from studios.

bionic77

Dark Knight is still the best comic book movie, if not one of the best films of all time.

It's no Godfather but it's up there.
Agreed on the best comic book movie but disagree on the one of the best films of all time. Film is a little too long.

But no comic movie comes within a mile of the first half of the movie. From the start to the part where joker is howling in the car is perfect.

It slows down after that, but to be fair it is tough to be perfect all the time!

Godslay

Banned
At this point yeah. series seem to edge out movies in terms of stories.

You might not get the same special effects and big screen feel, but typically the stories are better, characters have more time to develop, and you can run them for several seasons before they feel worn out.

Advantage of a movie though is that it is more 'pickup and play' for a general audience.

Might be comparing apples to oranges though.

Damn. What is wrong all these players tendons?

These rookies don't really get anytime off in the offseason. They finish the season and immediately start training for the combine then pro days then individual workouts. They push themselves to the point where 1 wrong step will pop a tendon or ligament.

Love that we are using throwbacks for the giants game, I've always wanted them to use the retro uniforms, can't wait for the official unveiling. And I'm preordering that coffee book.

jakncoke

Banned
http://articles.philly.com/1988-09-03/sports/26231483_1_suspension-delaware-state-positive-test

Interesting

also lol

NFL commissioner Pete Rozelle suspended Manley for violating the league's

drug-abuse policy after Manley reportedly tested positive for cocaine. Manley returned to the team on Monday after working out during the suspension with a George Mason University assistant track coach and has performed well in practice.

Manley would not comment about his role on the team.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
For my boy BG:

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ
#Browns OC John DeFilippo said Manziel's dedication has been off charts: "All I know is Johnny the football player, and he's been awesome."

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ
More #Browns OC John DeFilippo on Manziel's dedication: "Johnny Manziel is putting him[self] in a position to be a quarterback in the #NFL."

#Browns OC DeFilippo: "Johnny has a lot of traits that good quarterbacks in this league have. It's just a matter of getting better at them."

Spinluck

You are always welcomed here in Colts GAF Squick. I think TDK is pretty up there. After some thinking I'd put it in the 1-2 spots with SM2.

This is literally worse than me saying I like SAO and saying One Piece sucks.

Greg

IB spkiblled coffee on my keyboard, and now t\he ib key adds a b and t\he t\ key adds a slash

t\hibs ibs bullshibt\

and no, ib'm not\ jokibng

edibt\: looks libke pk adds a k t\oo

Spinluck

IB spkiblled coffee on my keyboard, and now the ib key adds a b and the t key adds a slash

thibs ibs bullshibt

and no, ib'm not jokibng

edibt: looks libke pk adds a k too

:jnc

I'm sorry Greg, I guess those ping pong reflexes don't always come in handy

jakncoke

Banned
IB spkiblled coffee on my keyboard, and now t\he ib key adds a b and t\he t\ key adds a slash

t\hibs ibs bullshibt\

and no, ib'm not\ jokibng

edibt\: looks libke pk adds a k t\oo

This sounds like me, except it was beer on my laptop and it fried something had to buy a new desktop a couple weeks ago

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Did you cry

lik dis if u cry evarytim

We all know Blade is where it's at. All downhill since.

Blade 1 and 2 were amazing.

Which Blade had Jessica Biel in it? That was the best one.

This gave my eyes cancer, awful opinion.

agreed.

Outside of the Ash movies Raimi sucks. X-Men original Trilogy is pure garbage, so is DoFP. First Class is the only decent one, Singer is garbage. Somehow Batman (most of the films) have avoided being junk, but most other big time comic franchise movies are bad. The lesser known comic book films have been better, feels like they have more freedom from studios.

Only bad Xmen movie is the third one. First one is also pretty weak in retrospect but was great for its time.

First Class and DOFP were amazing so...

Agreed on the best comic book movie but disagree on the one of the best films of all time. Film is a little too long.

But no comic movie comes within a mile of the first half of the movie. From the start to the part where joker is howling in the car is perfect.

It slows down after that, but to be fair it is tough to be perfect all the time!

Yeah the ending is the weakest part because they were obviously doing gymnastics to keep the Joker alive for a sequel.... :(

The Nolan movies didnt really feel like comic movies to me.

That's not a bad thing at all, I'd call it a compliment and a testament to why they were so good. Batman being real and gritty is what's so great.

Top Bottom