• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Who from PATS-Age has been to Nashua Gardens? Remember one of you talking to me about it. There now. It's the perfect Masshole bar...out of Masshole territory.

KaYotiX

Banned
:jnc

I figure Wienke (and lots of other "football season" posters) will turn up when the season starts and we have football to talk about. Unless he's been banninated.

Im like this, ill come in on and off but im usually here every day once the NFL training camp/season starts. Im sure a lot of guys are the same.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

NsXyQ.jpg

Browns sign top Pick Mingo.
Bark! Bark! Bark!
1001185_10151735023309684_1240744368_n.jpg

I'm excited for the players who will

get hyped during camp to then get cut when the real season starts!
According to ESPN Boston, Friday's release of Donald Jones was tied at least in part to UDFA WR Kenbrell Thompkins' "strong work" at spring practices.
The Pats salvaged a $200,000 training camp reporting bonus by cutting Jones, but Thompkins practiced so well that he earned first-team reps by the end of minicamp. Reliable beat writer Mike Reiss deems Thompkins "the under-the-radar Patriots offensive player who has arguably built more momentum than any other." Worth a look in all dynasty leagues, Thompkins is also a favorite of Rookie Scouting Portfolio's Matt Waldman, who has a terrific eye for talent.

Brinbe

Ugh, that long awful football-less wait is almost finally over. Expecting big things now that Chip's keeping everything in-house at Novacare. Less than twenty days till the first pre-season game

LJ11

Ah, the camp stars, always fun monitoring the no-name guys because there's always someone who comes out of nowhere.

squicken

I remember the Lance Kendricks hype train, made sure to draft him on all my FF leagues that year....

It was the weirdest thing. His rookie year, in preseason, he looked amazing. Then when the season started he just started dropping passes. It was brutal. Then they had to start keeping him in for protection b/c the team lost so many OL to injury. Last year he was better, but it was clear he was never going to be a good receiving TE. He may actually line up in the backfield on 3rd downs for pass protection this year. He's actually developed into a pretty versatile TE, though he has injury issues going into the season

edit: Went and looked up the drop numbers from 2011, and of course Jermichael Finley is the only TE to drop more passes than Kendricks. Too funny

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
E-mail invites have been sent out to owners in the cat.gif league. Please rejoin or let me know if you're not playing. Also let me know if you didn't receive an e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom