• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

We should do a breakout star and a sleeper/under the radar player for each team.

Everyone is talking about Earl Wolff in Philadelphia. He was getting first team reps in mini camp. I don't know if he's a sleeper since he was drafted in the 5th round, but he's someone to watch on a team with a shaky secondary going into the 2013 season.

Did anyone see him play at NC State? Is he going to be a solid player?

Breakout star: Tavon Austin

Under the radar: Local media has been talking about Austin Pettis a lot. Maybe one of the running backs. squicken would totally disagree with me but I like Isaiah Pead. squicken is right though, it's always something with that guy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think Kellen Winslow gets awfully close to that 100 receptions on the season target most people laugh at (well assuming he can stay healthy at all). Jets have fucking nobodies at WR, Keller himself can't stay healthy and Cumberland is garbage. Somebody other than guys on the other team are going to have to catch some Sanchez passes once in a while.

Also Coples will have at least a dozen sacks on the season. I guess he's the Jets breakout pick although picking a guy who was a high first rounder for that seems weird.

brentech

Jonathan Franklin for the Packers.
I think he's still too well known. Maybe not on another team, but since the the media has been claiming the biggest need for packers is a RB for years, he probably has more attention than if he went elsewhere.

I think we have a few guys that could have a nice impact on our team. Josh Boyd(DE) could be one. We actually have another undrafted RB, Pease, that has been praises in early workouts.

I think Kellen Winslow gets awfully close to that 100 receptions on the season target most people laugh at (well assuming he can stay healthy at all). Jets have fucking nobodies at WR, Keller himself can't stay healthy and Cumberland is garbage. Somebody other than guys on the other team are going to have to catch some Sanchez passes once in a while.

Also Coples will have at least a dozen sacks on the season. I guess he's the Jets breakout pick although picking a guy who was a high first rounder for that seems weird.
Why are you talking about star Dolphins TE Dustin Keller?

Assuming the Dolphins o-line isn't complete trash Lamar Miller could have a big breakout year. An under-the-radar guy could be Brent Grimes, who has recovered from his season ending injury a lot better than expected. In terms of younger dudes second year TE Michael Egnew has been getting a lot of positive buzz this offseason for how much he's improved from his disappointing rookie year. Of course, the big breakout star will hopefully be Tannehill.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why are you talking about star Dolphins TE Dustin Keller?

Assuming the Dolphins o-line isn't complete trash Lamar Miller could have a big breakout year. An under-the-radar guy could be Brent Grimes, who has recovered from his season ending injury a lot better than expected. In terms of younger dudes second year TE Michael Egnew has been getting a lot of positive buzz this offseason for how much he's improved from his disappointing rookie year. Of course, the big breakout star will hopefully be Tannehill.

Haha.

Yeah thats how little I'm paying attention to the Jets. When the hell did that happen? Definitely feel even better about that Winslow prediction though.

Honestly finding it hard to care about the Jets at all. Maybe this is what its like to be a Browns fan. I just hope we suck bad enough to finally get a QB. Or maybe Geno can play a bit. Shrug.

WedgeX

Banned
We should do a breakout star and a sleeper/under the radar player for each team.

Lets do it!

Preliminary for the Lions:

Breakout star will be Ryan Broyles. He was on the way there last year prior to tearing the ACL in his good knee. Now, with two repaired knees and with Megatron doing his regular thing, he's got a real chance to do damage to opposing defenses. Starting in just three games last year, he ended the year with 310 yards receiving off 22 receptions. 16 of which went for first downs.

Keeping with receivers, Patrick Edwards, a victim of last year's Madden curse, is my sleeper pick. Undrafted, he began to impress Lions coaches last year and managed to get on the practice squad, with the receiving corps being otherwise full. Healthy, I think he does some good things for Detroit's offense, no longer having Titus Jr. taking up a roster spot.

ChanHuk

Banned
Well you degenerates, I have to go to the Apple Store, pray for me.

EDIT: Is UK NFL-GAF still alive? 700 people died because it hit 90......backwards country, they got this resource called water, its the most abundant resource on this planet.

Greg

Jeeze, I know its sacrilege but can you guys imagine a team with Peterson and Rogers?

We could play WR and we would put up prime Moss numbers on the regular.
when Rodgers' contract is over and he's all washed up, I'm sure your team will try to make it a reality!

when Rodgers' contract is over and he's all washed up, I'm sure your team will try to make it a reality!

I cant wait for him to have the best season of his career leading up to a dramatic championship game where he does something retarded in an attempt to be a hero instead of hobbling ten yards for a first down.

Greg

I cant wait for him to have the best season of his career leading up to a dramatic championship game where he does something retarded in an attempt to be a hero instead of hobbling ten yards for a first down.
Me too! And Graham Harrell is the MVP of that game with 6 TDs to Finley.

Greg

Oh god is Harrell still on your roster? I remember watching a game with my packer buddy where he came in, and immediately fumbled.
Of course he is! Where do you think Rodgers is learning his sweet moves?

And that fumble doesn't count. Rodgers was worried about his job, so he told the o-line to trip him up.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bidoofaloof/

Thats my steam ID. I rarely play anymore but for the love of god play with people you know when you start and look up a couple basic guides for easy starter characters.

I hear there are tutorials now. Play them.

You're already on my friends list.

Also:
Dog_At_Computer.jpg

WedgeX

Banned
Any of y'all pick up Endless Space during the Steam sale? Had been on my wishlist since it came out. Can't wait to play some good ol' space empire building!

bionic77

Not sure which version is better, but everyone needs to get Donkey Kong Returns ASAP for their Wii, Wii U or 3DS. I have the 3DS version and just finished the 2nd level (was supposed to be working in my home office while my wife was watching the kids but instead I was playing this game for over an hour!). Really great game. Makes me feel guilty for missing it on the Wii.

I would buy a U for its sequel if it is better than this one. I am assuming the WiiU will be $200 by then (the price it always should have been).

LJ11

I'm going with Stephon Gilmore as the Bills breakout star. Kept getting better and better as the season wore on. He's physical, annoys the shit out of receivers, and can cover up mistakes with his athleticism. Needs to watch out with the clutching and grabbing, developed a bad rep and was getting flagged for clean plays. Has to cut down on looking into the backfield. He locked guys up with the most pedestrian defensive attack in the league, they never blitzed. With a scheme that's set to be more aggressive Gilmores poised to turn heads around the league this year.

Sleeper pick is Nickell Robey. UDFA rookie is undersized for the corner position but he's an extremely athletic guy. On a team with questionable corner depth, he's going to get an opportunity, especially with how many corners Pettine likes to put on the field. Will he overcome his size limitations, he weighs about as much as I do and I'm a bit taller than him. I can't picture myself playing corner in the NFL, but he looked the part in mini camps and certainly has the athleticism to cover. Intriguing player that may surprise a lot of people.

Breakout star : Chandler Jones. Showed all the promise last year, but the injury slowed him down. He's now completely recovered from that, added some weight and will get more snaps. He'll chase 15+ sacks in the next season.

Sleeper : Armond Armstead. Signed from the CFL, will add depth to the DL and will help the DL regain some dominance next to Big Vince.

squicken

Breakout star: Tavon Austin

Under the radar: Local media has been talking about Austin Pettis a lot. Maybe one of the running backs. squicken would totally disagree with me but I like Isaiah Pead. squicken is right though, it's always something with that guy.

I would say Brockers for breakout star. If he is healthy he could be All-Pro

Under the radar I'd say Givens or Pettis. I'm not sure if Givens qualifies as under the radar. People that really follow football probably know him, but do most fans? Pettis was an OTA all-star, but then so was Greg Salas last year. To me, Pettis is Brandon Gibson under he proves he can consistently beat press

nateeasy

Banned
So PFT is releasing their preseason power rankings. 7-32 have been named so far. And The Bengals have not been listed yet. This happens pretty much never so I'm a little excited. I really hope they can live up to these expectations.

bionic77

So PFT is releasing their preseason power rankings. 7-32 have been named so far. And The Bengals have not been listed yet. This happens pretty much never so I'm a little excited. I really hope they can live up to these expectations.
As a Bungles fan you should know better then to have hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom