• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

I don't know who you are, but you compared me to Pats fans. You disgust me, go outside and get hit by a bus you mongrel.

Fuck Gata.

Don't be so mean to Gata. The power of evil is something that can overtake us all if we aren't vigilant. Read Gata's story as a cautionary tale, do not condemn him, give him an opportunity to change his ways.

Hopefully his rightful team, the Jaguars, have a winning season this year so the process can start over again. Once the Jags are in the playoffs and the Patriots are out, balance will be restored, and Gata will hop on the Jaguars bandwagon where he truly belongs.

It's a long process, but it shows that there is still hope in this faltering world of ours.

ChanHuk

Banned
Don't be so mean to Gata. The power of evil is something that can overtake us all if we aren't vigilant. Read Gata's story as a cautionary tale, do not condemn him, give him an opportunity to change his ways.

Hopefully his rightful team, the Jaguars, have a winning season this year so the process can start over again. Once the Jags are in the playoffs and the Patriots are out, balance will be restored, and Gata will hop on the Jaguars bandwagon where he truly belongs.

It's a long process, but it shows that there is still hope in this faltering world of ours.

snesfreak is better than the Gata, slightly. But snesfreak is a bottom dweller so what does that make the Gata and his fellow Pats fans?

snesfreak is better than the Gata, slightly. But snesfreak is a bottom dweller so what does that make the Gata and his fellow Pats fans?

I think it makes them underwear you accidentally shit yourself in when you're ultra drunk in public and leave them in a public restroom. Disposable shit stained underwear

Spades

Happy hump day.

Another day closer to football.

Today I'm curious if you have any SuperBowl traditions? Luckily, 7 of my close friends are all football fans (rare in the UK) and strangely we all support different teams. We get together every Sunday to watch football together and we go away every year for the SuperBowl. We normally rent a lodge cabin or something and have a weekend of drinking games and the like.

Last year I made penalty flags which everyone used to report drinking game violations, and everyone also had a challenge flag which they could use to either challenge a violation or to challenge any fact that someone else had stated. That was pretty fun.

I usually spend my Super Bowls alone with crappy food, preferably with sushi, and GAF.

You guys are my Super Bowl party.

And when the Pats play in the SB against Eli, depression also joins my party, but he's usually a late arrival.

bionic77

I usually spend my Super Bowls alone with crappy food, preferably with sushi, and GAF.

You guys are my Super Bowl party.

And when the Pats play in the SB against Eli, depression also joins my party, but he's usually a late arrival.
If Tammy ever makes it to another Superbowl and is playing Eli all Pats fans are invited to my house to watch.

I won't actually let you animals inside and you will have to watch the game through the window. But when the game is over I will come outside to taunt you and throw things at you as well before I call the police and tell them about the terrorists on my lawn.

If Tammy ever makes it to another Superbowl and is playing Eli all Pats fans are invited to my house to watch.

I won't actually let you animals inside and you will have to watch the game through the window. But when the game is over I will come outside to taunt you and throw things at you as well before I call the police and tell them about the terrorists on my lawn.

Like your wife allows you to invite people, whipped little bitch.

bionic77

Like your wife allows you to invite people, whipped little bitch.
She is only the boss when it comes to the kids. That's how it is in every family.

I have had plenty of friends over that she can't stand. I admit Pats fans on the lawn drinking out of the water hose might be pushing it but I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

She is only the boss when it comes to the kids. That's how it is in every family.

I have had plenty of friends over that she can't stand. I admit Pats fans on the lawn drinking out of the water hose might be pushing it but I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Big talk from the same guy that was hiding from his wife in his office to play videogames on his 3DS.

I think I'm going to go this weekend.

I don't know if I'm going to make it up there this year. I got Julio's autograph last year though.

I'm just looking forward to August 8th. I really hate having the 1st and 4th games for preseason at home though. I'll get to see the starters for one, possibly two, series until the regular season starts.

From what I'm reading it sounds like either Olivier Vernon (second year DE) is shaping up for a breakout season or Jonathan Martin is going to be pretty bad at LT. Maybe both?

Spades

From what I'm reading it sounds like either Olivier Vernon (second year DE) is shaping up for a breakout season or Jonathan Martin is going to be pretty bad at LT. Maybe both?

OV can play "anywhere" from what I've heard. He was pretty handy last year and I agree, he should have a great season. Martin will be fine. People are just jumping on the "how will we survive without Jake" bandwagon.

Lamar Miller is the sleeper in all of this. He could legitimately be a 1000-yard back this season.

WedgeX

Banned
Spades,I only just realized it but I love the morning welcomes that you give. Its so refreshing compared to the decline into snes, gata, and kave hate with which chan inevitably ends each day.

brentech

Can't believe there is talk that the Clowney hit would be illegal this year and possible ejection.
He lowers his head right at impact I suppose, but hits the guy in the chest.

OV can play "anywhere" from what I've heard. He was pretty handy last year and I agree, he should have a great season. Martin will be fine. People are just jumping on the "how will we survive without Jake" bandwagon.

Lamar Miller is the sleeper in all of this. He could legitimately be a 1000-yard back this season.
I hope you're right, buddy!

I read this about Lamar this morning (source is Dolphins in Depth, good Dolphins blog I frequent):

Although Lamar Miller is the presumed starting running back, I was told today to assume nothing about that. Yes, Miller is getting the first-team snaps. But Daniel Thomas is also getting some of those. And as a club source told me, the team believes Thomas is ready for a big season if he can stay healthy. Yes, big if, I know. Just sharing what I'm told.
It would be great if both guys could contribute. I'm feeling pretty good about the decision to let Bush go (I was for that from the beginning, really), now I'm just hoping that it'll be justified come game time.

Spades

I hope you're right, buddy!

I read this about Lamar this morning (source is Dolphins in Depth, good Dolphins blog I frequent):

It would be great if both guys could contribute. I'm feeling pretty good about the decision to let Bush go (I was for that from the beginning, really), now I'm just hoping that it'll be justified come game time.

I don't think we would have let Bush go if Miller or Thomas was not considered ready to start.

If Thomas sorts out his fumble issues and stays healthy, he's also got potential. But my money is with Lamar.

I'm glad all of our running game woes have been completely and utterly resolved.
Two 1500 yard rushers this year biiiiiitches!

Its hard not to be a little optimistic with the rookies,but with our shitty oline being shitty, itll be the same as every year.

bionic77

Big talk from the same guy that was hiding from his wife in his office to play videogames on his 3DS.
I never hide from the wife, when I stay at work longer than I should it is to get a break from the kids.

You are probably not much more than a kid yourself (and judging by your fandom probably not a very intelligent one) so this stuff is beyond your comprehension.

James Walker tweet:

Dolphins' second-team O-line's pocket collapsed so fast vs first-team D that QB Ryan Tannehill couldn't run the play. Depth could be an issue.
Yep, if anyone goes down they are screwed, especially if it's a tackle.

1. Jets
  2. Bills
  3. Cheatz n' Killaz
  4. Fish
That order backwards is 100 times more likely. #PreSeasonModeratelySensibleStatement.

James Walker tweet:

Yep, if anyone goes down they are screwed, especially if it's a tackle.

That order backwards is 100 times more likely. #PreSeasonModeratelySensibleStatement.
nothing like making a full season prediction based on one play. I always thought Walker was decent when he covered the AFC North but maybe ESPN has finally completely rubbed off on him.

nothing like making a full season prediction based on one play. I always thought Walker was decent when he covered the AFC North but maybe ESPN has finally completely rubbed off on him.
If you know anything about the o-line situation for the Dolphins you'd know that his comment is based on a lot more than that one play. It's just further evidence of a lack of depth, is all.

Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi 20m
#Browns and @wkyc staging Town Hall Aug. 1. Fans asking questions of Haslam, Banner, Scheiner, Lombardi, Chudzinski. Jim Donovan will MC.
I can't even imagine how this is gonna turn out, but pretty cool.

Fox318

Bill Barnwell released the second half of his NFL Trade Value countdown on Grantland today: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9498600/bill-barnwell-ranks-top-assets-nfl The top 10:

10. Cam Newton
9. Drew Brees
8. Colin Kaepernick
7. Tom Brady
6. Matt Ryan
5. Robert Griffin III
4. JJ Watt
3. Andrew Luck
2. Russell Wilson
1. Aaron Rodgers

Seems about right to me, though I do wonder whether Newton should be ranked higher than Kaepernick.

Newton shouldn't even be in the top 10.

#PreSeasonBoldStatement
wonthappen_zpsb36ed12a.jpg

Fox318 said:
Newton shouldn't even be in the top 10.

One of the most talented players at the most important position in football.

He's shown himself to be durable (he took by far the most hits of any QB in football last year) and is only 24.

Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom