• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're actually similar if you take out the first two seasons Stafford didn't play cause of injuries.

Peyton had his worst season at 3-13, Stafford had it last year with 4-12, but they both helped their teams to a playoff berth in the second season.

except stafford already peaked and has begun to regress when it comes to wins and losses

MechDX

Mostly the same except people wonder how I can ever get excited for the Cleveland Browns.

browns-this-year.jpg
:(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My time will come Mech.

I imagine it happening and all of you just start laughing. Your friends will ask you "whats so funny?" And you'll tell them about a grey cat who finally got his smile back.

MechDX

Kave, I know that feel bro.

2-14, Rosencopter, David Carr, Schaub "Air Fumble",....when it finally happens it is glorious!

Your brother ever choose a team?

bionic77

Kave, I know that feel bro.

2-14, Rosencopter, David Carr, Schaub "Air Fumble",....when it finally happens it is glorious!

Your brother ever choose a team?
You guys will always have that win over us and TBone Maddox.

Legendarily bad game. No one ever deserved to win less (except the Pats but they cheated so that is different).

MechDX

You guys will always have that win over us and TBone Maddox.

Legendarily bad game. No one ever deserved to win less (except the Pats but they cheated so that is different).

The only game that the quote "You didn't win, we gave it away" can actually be used.

No Ikea table is safe.
The worst is when I'm around family or friends that I don't see that often so I have to pretend like I'm still happy. I watched that 28-0 Dolphins/Pats game at a Buffalo Wild Wings with my wife and three friends that very rarely come to visit and it was extremely difficult to not just be a pissed off jerk the entire time.

Yeah bro, cool joke, let me just have a few hearty laughs while my team is being curb stomped in the background.

Greg

The worst is when I'm around family or friends that I don't see that often so I have to pretend like I'm still happy. I watched that 28-0 Dolphins/Pats game at a Buffalo Wild Wings with my wife and three friends that very rarely come to visit and it was extremely difficult to not just be a pissed off jerk the entire time.

Yeah bro, cool joke, let me just have a few hearty laughs while my team is being curb stomped in the background.
That's when I'd bury myself in 2 dozen wings and 2 dozen beers, and all would be ok.

That was a great game.

Bread

Banned

damn man i would hate if i took it that seriously, i'd probably be dead after the super bowl losses.

That was a great game.
The Pats really needed that win to build some momentum going into the playoffs so they could only get sort of destroyed by the Ravens instead of completely destroyed.

damn man i would hate if i took it that seriously, i'd probably be dead after the super bowl losses.
I had more fun than it sounds but it was tough at some of the more brutal moments of the game.

Fox318

The Habañero mango wings help ease the pain.

Bread

Banned
maybe it's just because i've been so desensitized to big losses since 18-1, they don't really effect me like that anymore. now i'm set for life! you fuckers ain't bringin me down!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Other then the Leafs most recent loss I take losses pretty well. I mope for a few minutes then I'm over it.

But I'm also really good at biting my tongue and not unleashing hell on friends and family after big losses.

There were at least 7 people I was ready to unload on after the Leafs loss. I had to uninstall facebook on my phone.

Drakeon

Oh, I'm totally ruined after we lose a game. Sundays are just destroyed for me.

Same here. Fuck the Superbowl loss was so bad. Although strangely, I think the loss to the Giants the year prior hurt more.

At some point, during the myriad of losing seasons between Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary, losses stopped hurting as much after I knew we were fucked that season. I just wanted us to be competitive. But they still hurt like a motherfucker at the beginning of the season. When I still had that hope of the Niners going to the Playoffs. Thank god for Harbaalke.

jbug617

Banned
Other than talking about legal issues with Hernandez, Bill pretty much answered all the questions he could.

edit: After the Pats lose in the playoffs or Super Bowl, I couldn't watch ESPN for a month.

squicken

Saw Barnwell had Russell above Watt on his trade chart. Said the same last year. Watt's a generational talent, but QBs are too valuable. Also, Luck doubters will wonder why they were so stupid in a couple of years

Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom