• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
We talk about it because we embarrassed you, despite your top of the NFL bluster. That's all it is. It's so much sweeter than sitting on a PC typing out impotent page-long rants could ever be.

Also, learn to add. Seahawks would have gotten the exact same playoff seed without that win. Nothing would have changed for us except the consequences of keeping scab refs around longer than they were.

but it's the equivalent of celebrating a play when you ultimately lost the game because the niners were better than the seahawks, we won the division and we progressed further in the playoffs. it would be like me saying "BOOM REMEMBER THAT KAEPERNICK TOUCHDOWN IN SEATTLE LAST YEAR SUCK IT DOWN SEAHAWKS!" and of course your response would be "but we won the game..."

and you aren't so naive to believe that the seahawks losing that game wouldn't have started a chain reaction of a big time losing streak and them finishing with a losing record. tell me you aren't that naive!

Fantomex

what I do in my personal time is my business

go pats

alligator.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
but it's the equivalent of celebrating a play when you ultimately lost the game because the niners were better than the seahawks, we won the division and we progressed further in the playoffs. it would be like me saying "BOOM REMEMBER THAT KAEPERNICK TOUCHDOWN IN SEATTLE LAST YEAR SUCK IT DOWN SEAHAWKS!" and of course your response would be "but we won the game..."
And then you got stabbed in the dark when it mattered. Shame.

and you aren't so naive to believe that the seahawks losing that game wouldn't have started a chain reaction of a big time losing streak and them finishing with a losing record. tell me you aren't that naive!
We lost to the Lions. THE LIONS. If anything that would have had a far greater impact mentally, and we still did pretty good.

And then you got stabbed in the dark when it mattered. Shame.

at least we didn't give matt ryan his first and ultimately only playoff win ever. and even though it sucks that we lost the superbowl i can at least look back and say that i have been witness to multiple niners superbowl victories in my life. what can seachickens fans say!

The Chiefs haven't attempted a single running play in teams drills through two days of training camp.
Andy Reid has always been an ardent believer in slinging the ball around the yard. While we've yet to see any football games, early indications from Chiefs camp suggest Reid won't change his offensive philosophy to fit his talent in Kansas City. Jamaal Charles is the best player on the roster, and new QB Alex Smith has never had success in a high-volume pass game. In 2011 with the 49ers, Smith attempted the fewest passes of any 16-game starter. In 2012, Smith was on pace for even fewer attempts before getting benched in favor of Colin Kaepernick.
Reiding.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
at least we didn't give matt ryan his first and ultimately only playoff win ever. and even though it sucks that we lost the superbowl i can at least look back and say that i have been witness to multiple niners superbowl victories in my life. what can seachickens fans say!
That the next five years might be very hard for you to take. :D

Pathers Gaf serious question: what have you guys done to help out Cam and improve the offense, during the offseason? Can't say I've followed the panthers offseason to closely.

As promised , some number on the Mike Williams deal for Bucs fans:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 1m

Details on WR Mike Williams deal w TB: $8.2m in '13 ($1m roster bonus, $7.2m salary) + $1.2m in '14 compensation. So $10m over 1st 2 years.

Colasante

BP9pqHbCAAAJ5LQ.jpg

Alex Smith is 3-13 in games where he has more than 34 attempts, which is what the Eagles averaged the last 4 years with Reid

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...s-city-chiefs-history-thrift-store-qbs/21613/

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...at=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=player#stats::8

I thought trading the 34th overall pick for Alex Smith was a horrible mistake as soon as the Chiefs did it, and nothing since then has changed my mind. Most of the decisions made by the Chiefs this offseason seem a little baffling. I'm not sure what kind of team they think they're assembling.

ChanHuk

Banned
You guys plastered that Taco Bell thread with Freeman; I love you degenerates. snesfreak on the other hand might be plotting out your murders.

alex smith is a quality QB but its pretty obvious that you can't ask him to throw the ball around 30-40 times a game. he succeeded with harbaugh because of our run game and managing the game appropriately. alex will rarely win or lose a game for you. i don't know if that's what you want in your starting QB or not but if the chiefs coaching staff plays to alex's strengths then they will have a successful season

Hunter S.

John Fox doesn't think in terms of winning, but not losing.
I do agree he is conservative in his choices. The broncos never ran up the score except a few games when Peyton wanted it after the win was already made. Does not care about trying to show dominance and intimidation through stats like the Pats.

squicken

Andre Smith showed up fat and is on Bengal injured list. Lewis said he'll be fined. I'm sure he's still shocked no one payed him this offseason

Michael Tanier ‏@MikeTanier
When I see the #bengals injury list includes Andre Smith (calf), I assume that means he swallowed one.

Pathers Gaf serious question: what have you guys done to help out Cam and improve the offense, during the offseason? Can't say I've followed the panthers offseason to closely.

Honestly not much personnel wise. The biggest move may be getting his starting center (Kalil) back from injury.

Other than that:
Drafting OG Edmund Kugbila for depth at RG
Drafting Kenjon Barner as a change of pace back to spot Williams, Stewart, and Tolbert.
Signing Ted Ginn Jr. and Domenik Hixon to compete for the No.3 WR slot.

The most substantial change on offense will be the change in philosophy with Mike Shula as OC as opposed to Chud. Shula's offense will have a much a greater use of conventional sets as opposed to read-option, like they did the latter part of last year. Shula will actually use the running backs (that the Panthers are still paying a fortune) and let Cam Newton be a QB who occasionally scrambles instead of a runner who occasionally throws.

I love Chud, but he went overboard with the read-option at the beginning of last year and it cost the offense.

effzee

No 8-8 season for the Chiefs when Reid refuses to adapt to the personel he is given. !,500 yards from Jamaal Charles better be wasted on Reid and his non-adaptable mindset. I love how John Fox adapts to win.

BP9pqHbCAAAJ5LQ.jpg

Alex Smith is 3-13 in games where he has more than 34 attempts, which is what the Eagles averaged the last 4 years with Reid

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...s-city-chiefs-history-thrift-store-qbs/21613/

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...at=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=player#stats::8

LMAO! Keep at it Reid!

I thought now with no pressure to win right away Reid might revert back to the coach and program builder who completely turned around the Eagles when he took over in 99. But seems like he still has the mad cow disease. Would love to see Charles just sitting or involved in play action after play action which doesn't fool the D because they don't run the ball anyway.

Hunter S.

Maybe the logo on the Denver helmet should be changed to Bluecifer. Or a cannabis plant.
Perhaps Miller should change his number to 64, in honor of the amendment that made Colorado as famous for wacky tobacky as sappy John Denver songs.
But anybody who suggests the Super Bowl dreams of the Broncos are in danger of going up in smoke might need to find a legal way to relax.

At worst, Miller got high. And you know what? That might make his replica jersey more popular in America, where a bad-boy image can sell as well as tickets to a Russell Crowe movie.

Lol, this article is pretty good calls Eznark's Braun a dirty filthy cheater and talks of Miller as the good guy partier he is. Free Von Miller now!!

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_23718928/kiszla-von-miller-ryan-braun-both-used-drugs

squicken

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1714407-where-can-the-buffalo-bills-improve-most-in-2013

Season preview for the Bills. B/R warning

The 48-28 loss to the Jets in Week 1 was bad for many reasons but at least the defense can cite a punt return and interception return for touchdowns making up 14 of those points. Still, any time you make Mark Sanchez look so good, something went wrong.

This defense authored some truly horrible performances. Seattle dropped 50 points with the only saving grace being an Earl Thomas pick-six factoring into that round number.

The Bills became the first defense in NFL history to allow over 300 yards passing and over 300 yards rushing in the same game when the 49ers did it in a 45-3 rout. The NFL’s played 93 seasons, so that one’s pretty damning.

A week before, the Patriots stormed back to outscore Buffalo with a 45-7 run on their way to a 52-28 win. It’s hard to believe that game was actually tied in the fourth quarter before three quick touchdowns from the Patriots, who Buffalo has failed to keep under 31 points in the last six meetings (1-5).

Yes, we know it’s hard to beat the Patriots, but it’s a big deal when you play in the same division as them and hold just a 2-22 record since 2001. The only two wins came when Tom Brady threw four interceptions in 2003 and 2011.

Pretty damning numbers. Nowhere to go but up I guess!

Godslay

Banned
John Fox doesn't think in terms of winning, but not losing.

DJohn Fox Unchained this season!

Seriously though, Mike McCoy shares in the blame for part of that. Assuming that it was McCoy, we should see an immediate difference if he was to blame. I trust that Adam Gase is going to unshackle the offense. He might be forced to do it if the defense minus Miller plays like crap.

That is the one silver lining in losing Miller is that the offense might have to go for the jugular from the onset. Bury teams so that they can't come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom