• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
In the future I would suggest not sleeping directly on the floor of whatever jungle you apparently live in.

While it sucks that your sleeping situation is not much better than the average household pet, look on the bright side. One of those bugs may have exactly the right blend of poison and radioactivity to give you the ability to dunk.
Bed bugs are the most egalitarian of insects. Since they only feed on blood and can hang around for a year between drinks, it doesn't matter whether you are rich or poor, clean or dirty. Just a mattress or other hiding spot and a body to feed from, and they're good to go. That's why you need to be careful these days when staying at a hotel, regardless of how classy it is.

No bite marks, but there is an itchy welt/red mark. And I just woke up with one on each hand and on the back of my neck.

I'm never going back to bed.
Use rubbing alcohol. Kills them instantly. Wash your sheets, spray down some rubbing alcohol before you go to bed and in the immediate area.

Then bug bomb the room.

http://www.hotshot.com/products-and-solutions/bedbug-control/bedbug-fogger.aspx

Probably need to do that 2-3 times to get them completely dead. Makes sure to turn off your AC/Heat so it doesn't blow out through your house, etc. Go away for a few hours and it should get rid of them.

Or call an exterminator.

I had a big time mite issue in my basement a few months ago. Little bastards were everywhere. I had to bomb my den 3 times in a two week period to kill them all. Used insecticide/mite spray on my outside basement door on the nests to kill any remaining eggs, too. It was a pain in the ass.:D

effzee

Pretty good press conference announcing the retirement of McNabb and his #!

Didn't expect that. McNabb didn't either. Loved how he named and thanked all his OLINEMEN throughout his career.

Westbrook and Dawkins being there made it extra special. Loved the highlight reel too. That Cardinals game with the broken ankle is always amazing to watch.

Talon

It's be awesome if Greg had scabies
Dude, I had scabies once. Apparently picked it up from the El.

Thought it was bed bugs first and destroyed my room. Greg, if it looks like a bunch of small pimples/bites on your hands, it's scabies. They'll give you a cream, and it'll go away in 4 days.

It was the worst month of my life.

SonnyBoy

Pretty good press conference announcing the retirement of McNabb and his #!

Didn't expect that. McNabb didn't either. Loved how he named and thanked all his OLINEMEN throughout his career.

Westbrook and Dawkins being there made it extra special. Loved the highlight reel too. That Cardinals game with the broken ankle is always amazing to watch.

It's nice to see McNabb is being shown appreciation from the fan base. I don't know if they truly recognized what they had.

effzee

Wow never knew this. Lurie said back in 99 it was between McNabb and Edgerin James. None of the other QBs were an option and they viewed James as a HOF RB.

Also said the decision to trade McNabb was the toughest. Was crying when made the call to Donovan.

Loved McNabb's answer to the dumbest question those reporters could have asked for the millionth time about the booing on draft day.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
A few things to remember:

- Bed bugs die when it gets to 115F. Hot wash and hot dry everything.

- Their waste leaves small black stains.

- They don't like to hang out on metal or other hard smooth surfaces. Wood or fabric is better for them.

- Mattress and box spring encasements can work wonders if you're on a metal frame. Traps those in your bed, while removing hiding spots for new ones. Lets you get to the hot wash step easy and early.

- Double sided tape can keep them from crawling up, but they can follow chemical trails and drop onto your mattress from the ceiling using them.

Greg

Thanks for the replies. Did a scan of a few rooms and didn't see anything, and took off that switch plate and didn't see anything either, but I know those assholes are hiding somewhere and I'd like to know what I'm dealing with first.

I'm going to sleep in a steel coffin.

bionic77

I need to thank God I live in America and don't need to worry about shit like bed bugs and the plague like some of our less fortunate members seem to have to put up with.

Talon

I need to thank God I live in America and don't need to worry about shit like bed bugs and the plague like some of our less fortunate members seem to have to put up with.
Ohio is a hot bed for Bed Bugs nowadays, man. And NYC had that breakout back in 2010.

eznark

Banned
That's why I refuse to go to movie theaters in Cincinnati. Fuck. That. Shit.

Just burn your house down and build a new one Greg. Only way to be sure.

Talon

That's why I refuse to go to movie theaters in Cincinnati. Fuck. That. Shit.

Just burn your house down and build a new one Greg. Only way to be sure.
I did go see a movie right before I got scabies...

........................................fuck.

ChanHuk

Banned
Dude, I had scabies once. Apparently picked it up from the El.

Thought it was bed bugs first and destroyed my room. Greg, if it looks like a bunch of small pimples/bites on your hands, it's scabies. They'll give you a cream, and it'll go away in 4 days.

It was the worst month of my life.

Bitch you had parasites growing on your hands.

Good morning degenerates. I'm going to bed.

squicken

It just seems like more. 3 years ago we would never have known that a Bears offensive linemen got hurt. There's now so many people covering the league and so many re-tweets that nothing is under-reported.

Hamstring injuries have the benefit of letting you know how much a guy cared about winning in the offseason. Otherwise they suck

MechDX

It just seems like more. 3 years ago we would never have known that a Bears offensive linemen got hurt. There's now so many people covering the league and so many re-tweets that nothing is under-reported.

Hamstring injuries have the benefit of letting you know how much a guy cared about winning in the offseason. Otherwise they suck

That is a dumb comment. Hamstring issues can happen anywhere, anytime to anyone.

squicken

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Kubiak on DeAndre Hopkins: "Tough kid, makes the contested catches. We're putting him in as a starter Day 1. We think he can handle it."

He's no Kevin Walthers

squicken

But it obviously doesn't.

You can in general point out to a man who the freak accidents occur to and who is a lazy slob who doesn't bother taking care of their legs.

Yeah obviously 100% of hamstring pulls are not down to the person, but most are a result of over-extending/hydration/stretching. Things that a professional athlete should be able to significantly mitigate as causes

bionic77

Hamstring issues are like poverty. They are a result of laziness and stupidity.
:JNC

Also you guys are gross. Scabies? Bed bugs? I thought we was all civilized! Not sure I would want any of you animals in my house (we moving into a bigger one next year). Who knows what kinds of animals and diseases you would bring with you!

MechDX

Yeah obviously 100% of hamstring pulls are not down to the person, but most are a result of over-extending/hydration/stretching. Things that a professional athlete should be able to significantly mitigate as causes

Yeah you can minimize the chances of them happening but they are still not a 100% preventative.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So just wanted to point out to whichever new dude it was a few weeks ago that was worried there isn't a lot of football talk in here.

Once the season starts we get down to business when we need to!

Greg

Not in my league!

a7WqjmG.jpg

MechDX

Posted?

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/29/anquan-boldin-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/

On Von Miller. I’ll be very interested to hear Miller’s defense in challenging a four-game league suspension. The process is ongoing, and should be decided by opening day—in time for Miller to miss games against Flacco and Eli Manning to kick off the season. Miller’s argument could be that he didn’t test positive but simply missed a test. The NFL’s procedure is that a missed test can count as a positive test. Or, as one source with knowledge of the case told me, Miller at least has a chance to beat the rap—partially or in whole—if he can prove he was simply late for the test or has a valid excuse for missing

At least it explains the not failing but getting suspended part.

squicken

nfl.com has a really good podcast with their staff guys at Around the League. Anyway the most recent one they were saying that the Falcons generate very little buzz when it comes to site traffic. They said the Matt Ryan contract barely registered, but Sedrick Ellis retiring was their top story for several days.

They said in general 1st round picks getting cut or traded always get traffic. Thought it was cool tidbit of what gets hits w/fans

http://www.nfl.com/podcast/nflaudio-podcast/1374718963000/detail

squicken

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Wow. RT @GeorgeColli: police are investigating a connection b/w Hernandez and "more than one" shooting in FL going back to his freshman

gatas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom