• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm going to start a new thread for preseason late next week, since this one isn't going to make it to the regular season. I'll also kick off the 'what to watch for'. We've had fantastic participation the last two years and I hope it'll get even better.

I'm going to start a new thread for preseason late next week, since this one isn't going to make it to the regular season. I'll also kick off the 'what to watch for'. We've had fantastic participation the last two years and I hope it'll get even better.
Good stuff.

I want to have a GAF "game of the week" that receives attention in the OTs every week.
So something we can vote on, then that is reviewed in some capacity, and put into the thread.

As much as I like the joke-y stuff, I'd like to get into the Xs and Os a little bit this year.

Looking for feedback and thoughts from everyone.

Godslay

Banned
Good stuff.

I want to have a GAF "game of the week" that receives attention in the OTs every week.
So something we can vote on, then that is reviewed in some capacity, and put into the thread.

As much as I like the joke-y stuff, I'd like to get into the Xs and Os a little bit this year.

Sounds like a good idea.

Good stuff.

DO IT

bionic77

He also bet someone that the 49ers wouldn't win. Since he lost he was supposed to wear a 49ers jersey. But he weaseled out of that too. Fraudgers cannot abide by the terms of his own bets. Even pats GAF keeps their avatar bets. A true fraud.
I didn't forget.

He is just living up to his name of Fraudgers.

Rors would always highlight the SNF/MNF game. You know, when he wasn't making an all text op.
I'd prefer it be most interesting game or a style of game not previously covered.
It could be one of those but not those "just because".

Partly out of quality assurances, partly because I don't want to be up late Monday's working on everything.

brentech

Good stuff.

Me likes all these ideas.

Both football games and video!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
When Will Burge is on the job he is pretty solid recapping the Browns.

Just have to put up with him cruisin' for poon and tweeting about it.

Wills pretty cool, but I just read the official threads in the OBR for trainig camp that day. Pretty clean collection of tweets from everyone.

bionic77

Whats wrong with him cruising for poon and tweeting about it?

Seems like it could make for some good entertainment!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Good stuff.

Yeah man, do it. There is always some game that has a great story behind it.

KaYotiX

Banned
He also bet someone that the 49ers wouldn't win. Since he lost he was supposed to wear a 49ers jersey. But he weaseled out of that too. Fraudgers cannot abide by the terms of his own bets. Even pats GAF keeps their avatar bets. A true fraud.

True man of the team more like it!!!!

At least he doesn't walk around in a Dolphins hat

Off to my fantasy football draft lottery soon, last year I came out with the number one pick but failed to make the playoffs. I brought shame to my family and name, time to bring back glory.
Man fuck OBR. I'm never going back to that place. Way to negative over there.
Embrace the darkness.

Colasante

Dolphins WR Armon Binns tore his ACL and MCL at training camp today. Out for the season. Tough break for him, but not a huge loss for the Dolphins.

Broncos signed OC Steve Vallos today. I wonder if Peyton could convince Jeff Saturday to come out of retirement. As bad as he was last year, he could be an upgrade on what the Broncos currently have at the position.

So Fraudgers welches on a bet where he bets that his best friend was not on roids and then refuses to pay when he is wrong and now the guy who was previously his go to guy goes on record about what a selfish doucher he is?

Bad offseason for Fraudgers.

If i'm not mistaken that's the second time he did that, isn't it? I could have sworn he made another bet that he slinked away from.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Is it negative, or is it realistic?

You are talking about the Browns, remember.

I've placed the answer to your question in this bag. Open it up and see.

burlap_gift_sack.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Broncos signed OC Steve Vallos today. I wonder if Peyton could convince Jeff Saturday to come out of retirement. As bad as he was last year, he could be an upgrade on what the Broncos currently have at the position.

Ramirez is better than Saturday in his current state. Plus I think Saturday is signed on somewhere to do commentary. Ramirez will be the starter. Vallos will back up Ramirez.

Saturday is not an upgrade over Ramirez. He's been decent in camp so far. It will be interesting to see if Vallos can beat out Ramirez, he has solid stats in terms of preventing sacks.

Damontre Moore making an impression on the second day of Giants camp. From Tom Rock's camp report:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...ers-fakes-and-the-rise-of-damonster-1.5785465

When the second team came out I really focused in on Damontre Moore and was not disappointed. In a series of three straight snaps he beat DeGeare with an inside move to put pressure on Carr, then lined up on the other side and beat Robinson to stuff a run by Torain, and then stayed on that side to draw what would have been a holding penalty against Pugh. He beat DeGeare again later in the drills but slipped and lost his footing. Later on, though, he was able to recreate that inside move against poor DeGeare and put pressure on Painter that helped break up the timing on a deep pass for Hardy. Aaron Ross was there to nearly intercept it. A very impressive series from Damontre Moore. If he can come in for two or three series a game and play like that this year, the Giants will be tickled.

Clay Matthews wants HGH testing in the NFL

“Absolutely," Matthews said. "I’ve been in favor of that for a long time now. I’m glad it finally looks like we’re taking steps in the right direction to even the playing field. I know a lot of players have come out in favor of it so I’m looking forward to it."...

"Speaking to my father when he played," Matthews said, "and they leveled the playing field back in the day, it’s always interesting to see the players who maintain their level of play and who fall off. But I also think it’s just a step in the right direction for sports in general.”

The delicious irony.

Bengals training camp

However, it's not just Jones and Sanu. Andy Dalton is firing rockets that's led to a 70 percent completion percentage during the first two days of training camp. Rookie Tyler Eifert is catching everything that's being thrown in his direction. Veteran Andrew Hawkins is taking advantage of younger defensive backs when they're faced with confusing formations, writes Hobson.

Green, Sanu, Hamilton, Hawkins, Jones, Gresham, Eiffert.

UTE0KW2.gif

Colasante

What FA WRs are available? F TO we should pick up Ocho!

Brandon Lloyd, Laurent Robinson, Randy Moss, Austin Collie, Donald Jones, Early Doucet. No great talents left. The Eagles would be better off promoting from within during their rebuilding year.

Green, Sanu, Hamilton, Hawkins, Jones, Gresham, Eiffert.

That offense is becoming quite stacked. There really are no excuses for the Bengals to not win the division this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom