• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Brandon Lloyd, Laurent Robinson, Randy Moss, Austin Collie, Donald Jones, Early Doucet. No great talents left. The Eagles would be better off promoting from within during their rebuilding

Yeah. And that is what they will do. Just feel terrible for Maclin. I'm on record saying I didn't want to draft him (we had a trade for Boldin in place for that pick), but he is a good WR on the verge of his best possible season plus a team first guy. Hope he makes a full recovery and Eagles do right by him.

Joe Mays visiting Texans. Maybe he can "remove" Schaub

I'd love for the Eagles to bring him back. We need all the LBs we can get.

It's always amusing to see how many fans get excited by their shit teams in the first couple weeks of training camp reports.

Dalton is throwing rockets to all his receivers!

Doesn't this imply that a mediocre QB like Dalton is picking your D apart?

mr2xxx

Banned
Yeah. And that is what they will do. Just feel terrible for Maclin. I'm on record saying I didn't want to draft him (we had a trade for Boldin in place for that pick), but he is a good WR on the verge of his best possible season plus a team first guy. Hope he makes a full recovery and Eagles do right by him.

I'd love for the Eagles to bring him back. We need all the LBs we can get.

If giving him a cheap one year prove it contract is doing right by him then yes, yes they will.

Drakeon

It's always amusing to see how many fans get excited by their shit teams in the first couple weeks of training camp reports.

Hey man, let them have their few weeks of glory. It's not like they'll get it in the regular season. This is like the Brown's superbowl.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So is there any movement on where Lloyd might land? He has to play somewhere... right? Pats need somebody to put out there though seriously. I don't think they'd be in nearly as much trouble if they brought Lloyd back, and picked up a couple of depth guys to round off the offense. Robinson/clark and even Collie in a smaller role, could help. When Gronk works his way back to health you'd have Lloyd, Amendola, Gronk, Ridley/Vereen, and a solid 5th option if you sign any 2 of these guys.

Greg

I noticed some random bug bites the other day, and I just spotted tiny bugs crawling on the wall by the switch plate in the other room that might be bed bugs. And it's time for bed. I'm going to kill myself now.

GO PACK GO

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I noticed some random bug bites the other day, and I just spotted tiny bugs crawling on the wall by the switch plate in the other room that might be bed bugs. And it's time for bed. I'm going to kill myself now.

GO PACK GO
Were there actual bite marks or bumps? Because bed bugs don't leave those, only spots of red, itchy skin.

Spades

GO PACK GO

hEBC6E753

K-19

Banned

GO PACK GO

Now tell me how your high NFL.com point currency gonna save your arse!

Striker

Football news hunger!

Giants have had camp receivers who've shined then become turds on the field. Tim Carter and Sinorice Moss were the most known guys to do so; last year they had David Douglas getting lots of camp pub and he just made the PS before getting taken away by the Freeman Taco's where he'll be the 5th or 6th WR.

All that aside, I've really liked what I've read about Rueben Randle. Seems he's matured up.

Greg

Were there actual bite marks or bumps? Because bed bugs don't leave those, only spots of red, itchy skin.
No bite marks, but there is an itchy welt/red mark. And I just woke up with one on each hand and on the back of my neck.

I'm never going back to bed.

The o-line situation in Miami could definitely be the piece that keeps the team from progressing this season. I'm still not sure how serious John Jerry's injury is (starting RG), but it's pretty obvious that the team is confused on how to address his absence.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/29/3528259/armando-salguero-mike-pouncey.html

Then right guard John Jerry injured his knee.

And the Dolphins’ stable starting front wall collapsed like the Berlin Wall.

Suddenly, rookie Dallas Thomas was promoted to left guard.

That forced moving Pro Bowl left guard Richie Incognito to right guard.

And when that didn’t seem to work exceedingly well, the experiment went another direction.

So second-year veteran Josh Samuda started working at center. And Mike Pouncey, supposedly the unit’s anchor at center, was moved to right guard. And that prompted Incognito’s return to left guard.

And then, within the same practice Sunday, Samuda moved to left guard, putting Pouncey back at center but moving Incognito back to right guard again.

Weeeeeee.

“I would say the defense has had the upper hand,” Sherman said at one point. “No question.”
Oh boy.

Then again, according to the eznark school of thought John Jerry leaving the lineup is the best thing that could happen to the Dolphins o-line this year. Dallas Thomas had better get ready for action. Quickly.

eznark

Banned
The o-line situation in Miami could definitely be the piece that keeps the team from progressing this season. I'm still not sure how serious John Jerry's injury is (starting RG), but it's pretty obvious that the team is confused on how to address his absence.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/29/3528259/armando-salguero-mike-pouncey.html

Oh boy.

Then again, according to the eznark school of thought John Jerry leaving the lineup is the best thing that could happen to the Dolphins o-line this year. Dallas Thomas had better get ready for action. Quickly.

LOl, uh no. He is right now the second best player on that line. I said ideally Incognito is out abd Thomas would play the left side. Now they'll have Incognito, Martin and a rookie?

RIP Tannehill. Leave your wife to me when you die.

bionic77

No bite marks, but there is an itchy welt/red mark. And I just woke up with one on each hand and on the back of my neck.

I'm never going back to bed.
In the future I would suggest not sleeping directly on the floor of whatever jungle you apparently live in.

While it sucks that your sleeping situation is not much better than the average household pet, look on the bright side. One of those bugs may have exactly the right blend of poison and radioactivity to give you the ability to dunk.

Greg

In the future I would suggest not sleeping directly on the floor of whatever jungle you apparently live in.

While it sucks that your sleeping situation is not much better than the average household pet, look on the bright side. One of those bugs may have exactly the right blend of poison and radioactivity to give you the ability to dunk.
Your words are all the poison I need!

LOl, uh no. He is right now the second best player on that line. I said ideally Incognito is out abd Thomas would play the left side. Now they'll have Incognito, Martin and a rookie?

I just went back and looked at your post. You're right, my bad.

Incognito is better than you give him credit for, he won't be the weakness (especially on running plays). But yeah, they're probably screwed. If they're considering moving Pouncey away from center then the situation must be pretty bad. I'll be honest, I don't know anything about Josh Samuda.

Hopefully Jerry's injury won't be too serious.

Dragon

Banned
I just went back and looked at your post. You're right, my bad.

Incognito is better than you give him credit for, he won't be the weakness (especially on running plays). But yeah, they're probably screwed. If they're considering moving Pouncey away from center then the situation must be pretty bad. I'll be honest, I don't know anything about Josh Samuda.

Hopefully Jerry's injury won't be too serious.

It's okay, the Pats are obviously going 6-10 and I don't see the Jets being .500 either. So that just leaves you and the Bills for the division crown!

Spades

Well what about Tyson Clabo?

Watch out AFC, it sounds like the Bills have this whole "passing" thing figured out:

Yet it was second-year receiver T.J. Graham, a third-round pick last season, who Manuel connected with twice on long balls Sunday evening.

"[Manuel] throws the ball and I run fast. So he just throws it as far as he can and I run underneath it," Graham said. "And that's pretty good chemistry."
good chemistry = throw far + run fast

Bills' Math 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom