• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has nothing to do with anything, but got a good laugh out of it...

ibv6Yj868XJNAS.gif

Someone with a great deal of skill needs to paste Freeman's face over the bear's and make him wear a Bucs #5 jersey.

brentech

Also it sucks that I have to buy the current gen version of Madden when I was hoping to get the next gen version. Oh well probably won't be good in its first iteration anyway.

Even if next gen version is actually complete and just adds some better graphics, it won't be available until late in the season. Makes it easier to pass it over this year. Or...if it's somehow really good, to grab it and the rosters should be all up to date!

Won't hold my breathe on it having all features included. Much like they started this gen, it will be about 50% there, lol.

Kiryu

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 9m
SF signs WR Austin Collie, SEA signs WR Early Doucet. Even pre-season is like off-season leading up to regular season.

Oh boy... 49ers and Seahawks are really competing for "best offseason team" without preseason game start yet!

cdyhybrid

Sounds like WR Jermaine Kearse is really showing up at camp. He had offseason laser eye surgery to correct a vision problem, and it apparently has really made a difference.

cdyhybrid

Go Chopchop!

Makes me happy because he's a Husky! He got a lot of shit for dropped passes but even with the drops he's still statistically the second greatest receiver in school history. And I love Jake, but Kearse didn't exactly have Dan Marino throwing to him in college. Hope he sticks with the roster and forges a pro career.

Oh boy... 49ers and Seahawks are really competing for "best offseason team" without preseason game start yet!
SF are banking on a guy who gets a concussion when he wakes up from bed in the morning and Seattle are going for one of our rejects?!? Man the NFC West is slowly opening up.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
SF are banking on a guy who gets a concussion when he wakes up from bed in the morning and Seattle are going for one of our rejects?!? Man the NFC West is slowly opening up.
Actually, he may not even make the team, but if you're going to give another WR a go to fill out the roster, why not?

ChanHuk

Banned
Pulling off another 24 hour shift. Well here at the ambulance I got about 6 hours of sleep and read 2 units of anatomy. Now the hospital wants me to come in right after to babysit a suicidal 21 year old patient. Mother fucker better go to sleep.

I was hoping the Ravens would get Collie. Yeah, he's injury prone, but when healthy, he's competent. Worth the risk, and I hate the Niners for getting him.

JABEE

Pulling off another 24 hour shift. Well here at the ambulance I got about 6 hours of sleep and read 2 units of anatomy. Now the hospital wants me to come in right after to babysit a suicidal 21 year old patient. Mother fucker better go to sleep.
This sounds like a bad idea for you.

squicken

I actually like the Jags coach and GM. Some interesting comments about their goals this year

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...dwell-simplifying-things-jacksonville-jaguars

Coach Gus Bradley and general manager Dave Caldwell don't talk about winning games or success in standings or statistics.

It's not because of expectations -- which they don't talk about much, either.

It's because the franchise's leaders believe it puts the focus too far out and makes it too broad.

"It really simplifies things for the players," Caldwell said. "Don't set yourself personal goals. Just work at getting better, and everything else will come."

"It's something that I've always believed and Coach Carroll helped me to make sense of it," Bradley said. "I believe so much in the process. I think when you look ahead and do all those things, you forget about enjoying the process. We want to really compete, have our guys go hard. It's going to be uncomfortable, they are going to get better at their techniques but also enjoy it. And when you look ahead, sometimes you miss those opportunities."

"They can hear 'winning' from us, because winning is defined by us as when a person is maximized," Bradley said.
"If we can get a guy to get to his highest level, then we win, that's how we define it. That's how we talk about winning."

I think they may have the smartest front office in that division. Long term I like their prospects, but the Colts have such a big head start b/c of the QB

cdyhybrid

Sidney Rice just got back from Switzerland. He was getting something similar to platelet-rich plasma treatment for patellar tendonitis in his knee.

MechDX

I actually like the Jags coach and GM. Some interesting comments about their goals this year

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...dwell-simplifying-things-jacksonville-jaguars

I think they may have the smartest front office in that division. Long term I like their prospects, but the Colts have such a big head start b/c of the QB

Squicken on :

Colts....slurp, slurp, fappin to Luck

Jags....slurp, so smart!

Texans...Bob Mcnair abused me and Kubiak killed my cat!!!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What is it like going to see a game when you are rooting for the away team?

Depends on where it is. If you're going to see your team away in the Bay Area or Philly, it's probably best to not wear any team gear or make any sort of cheering sounds.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I would never go to philly. I'm not crazy.

I'm talking about a panthers game.

Jets - Panthers
I went to see the Seahawks play at Bank of America stadium some years ago, but the reasons my experience sucked didn't have much to do with my team losing or the people there.

In short, if you're sitting near the entrances, wear a coat. They're a wind tunnel. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom