• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gross ass wrankly skin Weeden. I don't know how his teammates can stand to be around him with that old man smell
Trent-Richardson-and-Brandon-Weeden.jpg
"that better be my new agent"

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Dat Urban Meyer player discipline.

I don't understand why Meyer gets all the hate. He only killed one man under his watch. He killed three under Belichick. Where is the evil master, anyway? Still on "vacation" and preparing his "we're only going to talk about people who are on the team" speech?

I understand where you're coming from but lets be real - the story is the most important element of The Last of Us. Bar none.

Deacon is right in saying that most of the conversation surrounding the game is about its story and if that doesn't appeal or it's not what you specifically look for out of a game it's going to be tough sledding to find enjoyment out of the experience.

Bringing it back to the Animal Crossing comparison - I understand why that would be appealing to certain types of gamers. It's focus has nothing to do with story and more on minute to minute gameplay.
The story is the most shocking aspect of TLoU because of the quality but I think that's causing it to dominate the discussion even though the gameplay is still very, very good. I played on Hard and I had so many tense moments sneaking around taking people out with the limited resources at my disposal. The combat is unique in how meaningful it feels; each bullet feels deadly and powerful, each enemy is a serious threat, and each combat sequence feels unique and varied. I also felt like the game was paced incredibly well with regards to the gameplay; combat never overstayed its welcome and the quiet moments were placed at just the right points.

The game isn't perfect mechanically but I still thought it was a ton of fun. I'm looking forward to doing a survivor run soon.

The story is the most shocking aspect of TLoU because of the quality but I think that's causing it to dominate the discussion even though the gameplay is still very, very good. I played on Hard and I had so many tense moments sneaking around taking people out with the limited resources at my disposal. The combat is unique in how meaningful it feels; each bullet feels deadly and powerful, each enemy is a serious threat, and each combat sequence feels unique and varied. I also felt like the game was paced incredibly well with regards to the gameplay; combat never overstayed its welcome and the quiet moments were placed at just the right points.

The game isn't perfect mechanically but I still thought it was a ton of fun. I'm looking forward to doing a survivor run soon.
I don't disagree with any of that but it's very much in the mold of the games that came before it. I think what the game does right is the feel of the combat more than anything as you mentioned. It's a brutal game and not just in the sense of it being gory but in how much kick the weapons have and the response you get from enemies when you hit your target. It's refined which I like a lot.

I'm a sucker for world building in these types of games and that's also something the game does really well with small details scattered around to find. Most every location with a few exceptions feels like a lived in, natural place. No a pieced together videogame level.

Despite all that it does right, I still had issues with the friendly AI at times. For a game that asks the player to be totally absorbed in its world, it's a real buzz kill to see your companions walk by an enemy or downright bump into them and see no reaction at all. Some of the upgrade system is a bit mishandled and could have used some cuts as well.

Don't take my comment about story being paramount as me saying I disliked the gameplay. It's just that the gameplay isn't the aspect of the game that people consider "redefining".

PC. Played the first one there and I don't have a 360.
Ah, good. Definitely where you want to play it. Make sure to get the combat mod that recently came out, too. It's good stuff and enjoy. It's a great game.

I don't understand why Meyer gets all the hate. He only killed one man under his watch. He killed three under Belichick. Where is the evil master, anyway? Still on "vacation" and preparing his "we're only going to talk about people who are on the team" speech?

Thank Tebow for that. Literally, thank Tebow. His guidance probably saved the lives of countless innocent Gainsville citizens.

He arrived in Foxboro too late to save those poor people though. :(

squicken

That'd be a really good signing for the Panthers. I don't understand why Mikell hasn't attracted more interest this offseason, unless his salary demands are just too high for his age.

He's Bernard Pollard. Absolutely no coverage ability. Very good around the LoS but you better have a rangey FS behind him

I don't disagree with any of that but it's very much in the mold of the games that came before it. I think what the game does right is the feel of the combat more than anything as you mentioned. It's a brutal game and not just in the sense of it being gory but in how much kick the weapons have and the response you get from enemies when you hit your target. It's refined which I like a lot.

I'm a sucker for world building in these types of games and that's also something the game does really well with small details scattered around to find. Most every location with a few exceptions feels like a lived in, natural place. No a pieced together videogame level.

Despite all that it does right, I still had issues with the friendly AI at times. For a game that asks the player to be totally absorbed in its world, it's a real buzz kill to see your companions walk by an enemy or downright bump into them and see no reaction at all. Some of the upgrade system is a bit mishandled and could have used some cuts as well.

Don't take my comment about story being paramount as me saying I disliked the gameplay. It's just that the gameplay isn't the aspect of the game that people consider "redefining".
Yeah man, I agree with everything you said.

Fantomex

this browns shit is horrible

kave you better stop this nonsense before i not add you to my future friends list

Nori, I keep hearing people say they're getting the Mario Kart XL bundle at local wal marts for $199 if they have it in stock. That's the best deal for a a new XL. Are you in Los Angeles or San Diego?

KaYotiX

Banned
Yeah, I'm kind of purposefully not leaving my town just because I don't want to ruin it. May as well use a game genie at that point.

Same. I feel if I just get millions of bells the game will just become dull. I like just playing the game for 30-40 mins a day selling bugs and fruit :p

Fantomex

Same. I feel if I just get millions of bells the game will just become dull. I like just playing the game for 30-40 mins a day selling bugs and fruit :p

That's impossible considering they're items that cost 2-4 million as it is . Total house upgrade amounts to 17 million. And the free DLC will eventually average 1 million bells so I hear from the Japan side.

Fantomex

Close to LA.

But fuck blue I want red :( suwooh

Well Craigslist has a gang of deals, but they're mostly for Blue XL's

XL with Mario Kart and Super Mario Land for $230 which I'm sure you can get down to $215

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/ele/3911836385.html

XL with Circle Pad Pro and Resident Evil Revelations for $150

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/vgm/3910639170.html

Xl with 12 legit downloaded games for $320
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/vgm/3909575313.html

XL Red brand new but no games in Norwalk $175
Link

ChanHuk

Banned
Well Craigslist has a gang of deals, but they're mostly for Blue XL's

All these god damn poors, Best Buy and Target have been having sales on these things on a weekly basis. You can pick up an XL for about $180 from those B&M stores, fuck dealing with shady Messican Craigslist degenerates.

Fantomex

All these god damn poors, Best Buy and Target have been having sales on these things on a weekly basis. You can pick up an XL for about $180 from those B&M stores, fuck dealing with shady Messican Craigslist degenerates.

He wants some games with it though. He might be Messican, so he might be poor as well.

Please Understand.

ChanHuk

Banned
He wants some games with it though. He might be Messican, so he might be poor as well.

Please Understand.

I will never understand you Messicans.

Yahoo Sports is saying the Raiders might one of the better safety tandems in the league in midget Tyvon Branch and old man Charles Woodson.

KaYotiX

Banned
That's impossible considering they're items that cost 2-4 million as it is . Total house upgrade amounts to 17 million. And the free DLC will eventually average 1 million bells so I hear from the Japan side.
That's good it will keep me playing all year long. I just don't want to have 5 billion bells after a month :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom