• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

Is everyone asleep? You AC poors. Thanks to some Gaf Neighbor help I did this about 6 times today.

tumblr_mpchjqNe2u1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

I'm like the Wolf of Wall Street but in AC.
wolf-wall-street-dance.gif

squicken

49ers need to give up offseason house parties. It was like a year ago that Aldon got stabbed. If Harbs is going to be true to substance of his words, then they need to not be encouraging Bivins to cover up the assault. Shameful

Fantomex

What's that, like a volcano?

A QR machine is a item you get in game. That allows you to scan QR codes with the 3DS camera and automatically import artwork/patterns into your game without having to do it from scratch. Examples:

2501781-9101998001_a1e86ce954_o.jpg

I'm gonna repave my roads, walkways etc. So even if he cuts my trees, or flowers, I was gonna re-imagine my whole village anyway.

cdyhybrid

49ers need to give up offseason house parties. It was like a year ago that Aldon got stabbed. If Harbs is going to be true to substance of his words, then they need to not be encouraging Bivins to cover up the assault. Shameful

This really isn't surprising. Harbs is a slimy guy and it's not surprising that his upstanding brother beat him in the Super Bowl. Being as big of a douche as Jimmy is eventually comes back around to get you.

Wrayfield

Is everyone asleep? You AC poors. Thanks to some Gaf Neighbor help I did this about 6 times today.

tumblr_mpchjqNe2u1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

I'm like the Wolf of Wall Street but in AC.

Yeah, it's easy to break the game like that. I'm swimming in bells two weeks into the game, kinda bored now, not sure what eles to buy/do.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, it's easy to break the game like that. I'm swimming in bells two weeks into the game, kinda bored now, not sure what eles to buy/do.

Yeah, I'm kind of purposefully not leaving my town just because I don't want to ruin it. May as well use a game genie at that point.

Did some practice laps yesterday. Going to go for some hot laps tonight.

Is it just me or is the game a lot harder to control with a regular controller compared to GT5? I can't seem to regulate the throttle/breaking/steering as well as I would like to.

Got gold on the 4 test things, now it's time to focus on the track as a whole.

eznark

Banned
3DS fever and all the other consoles are dead.

I never saw the appeal and games like this that require a commitment don't fit with my life these days.

?

I jump into it for like 30 minutes a day, generally while I am queuing for maddengaf dota matches. What commitment?

3DS fever and all the other consoles are dead.

I never saw the appeal and games like this that require a commitment don't fit with my life these days.
The Last of Us is about 100 times better than Animal Crossing, which you'd know if you hadn't already dismissed it as an RE4 clone (I'm assuming). Just sayin'!

eznark

Banned
Don't you have to play it at certain times of the day and play with other people in order to get shit done?

Nope. Sometimes people will be like "hey come to my house, what time works for you?" But I don't think I've ever remembered to keep those appointments. I probably lost out on a hat or something.

bionic77

The Last of Us is about 100 times better than Animal Crossing, which you'd know if you hadn't already dismissed it as an RE4 clone (I'm assuming). Just sayin'!
I am going to be real. That game just looks too scary and fucked up for me.

I don't need that in my life right now!

Maybe I am missing out on Animal Crossing but DKC for 3DS is probably my next game. Missed out on it on the Wii.

I am going to be real. That game just looks too scary and fucked up for me.

I don't need that in my life right now!

Maybe I am missing out on Animal Crossing but DKC for 3DS is probably my next game. Missed out on it on the Wii.
It's not really scary except for maybe a few parts... but it is pretty messed up. Still, I'd say it's the best storytelling in a game ever.

I've been close to picking up DKC for 3DS but I already played it on Wii. Honestly I'm just ready for that 3DS Zelda game to come out.

bionic77

It's not really scary except for maybe a few parts... but it is pretty messed up. Still, I'd say it's the best storytelling in a game ever.

I've been close to picking up DKC for 3DS but I already played it on Wii. Honestly I'm just ready for that 3DS Zelda game to come out.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK that.

I don't need or want that in my life right now. Life is hard enough as it is. If I have a few spare minutes for a video game I want it to be something fun or that puts a smile on my face. If I want to be scared I have my kids to take care of that. They are experts at beating you down mentally.

eznark

Banned

Dat faint praise

Fox318

How are sports games on the vita? I'm considering getting a 3ds or vita and having a portable console to play Madden and the Show would be great to complement pc.

Spades

Is it just me or is the game a lot harder to control with a regular controller compared to GT5? I can't seem to regulate the throttle/breaking/steering as well as I would like to.

Got gold on the 4 test things, now it's time to focus on the track as a whole.

It's pretty much impossible to control (efficiently) with a control pad. I need to hook up my wheel.

Dat faint praise
Haha, I know... Truth is I enjoyed it more than any TV show or movie I've seen in a very long time, though. It's a great story and the way it's told takes advantage of the interactivity and length of games in some very impactful ways. Have you played it or do you plan to? I'd be interested to hear what you think.

In my opinion TLoU is one of those "can't miss" games. If it wasn't for Fire Emblem it would be the clear frontrunner for my GOTY, but as it stands I'll just say it's easily one of my favorite games this gen and it is probably the most emotionally impactful game I've ever played. It also takes a huge dump on games like Bioshock Infinite, to be perfectly honest.

eznark

Banned
Haha, I know... Truth is I enjoyed it more than any TV show or movie I've seen in a very long time, though. It's a great story and the way it's told takes advantage of the interactivity and length of games in some very impactful ways. Have you played it or do you plan to? I'd be interested to hear what you think.

In my opinion TLoU is one of those "can't miss" games. If it wasn't for Fire Emblem it would be the clear frontrunner for my GOTY, but as it stands I'll just say it's easily one of my favorite games this gen and it is probably the most emotionally impactful game I've ever played. It also takes a huge dump on games like Bioshock Infinite, to be perfectly honest.

I won't be playing it, no. Nothing I saw of it ever interested me in any way. I'm pretty much over rote post-apocalypse stories and especially over the "we are the real monsters" theme.

Talon

I won't be playing it, no. Nothing I saw of it ever interested me in any way. I'm pretty much over rote post-apocalypse stories and especially over the "we are the real monsters" theme.
I'm just over Third Person Shooters hidden in the guise of Action/Adventure

You are doing a major disservice selling the game that short but it's your call obviously. I really think it would surprise you, though. For reference I got kind of bored with The Walking Dead after a few episodes and only played the first Chapter of the TWD game before losing interest.

TLoU is not Uncharted if that's what you're implying.

eznark

Banned

To be perfectly honest at some point recently I kind of hit a wall where I couldn't relaly look past how fucking pathetically inept video game writers are and really, how shitty the medium is to tell a story in any cinematic fashion. If someone is selling me a game and one of the key points is this great story it tells, I'm probably going to pass.

Unless it's The Witcher.

To be perfectly honest at some point recently I kind of hit a wall where I couldn't relaly look past how fucking pathetically inept video game writers are and really, how shitty the medium is to tell a story in any cinematic fashion. If someone is selling me a game and one of the key points is this great story it tells, I'm probably going to pass.

Unless it's The Witcher.
I would have said the same thing before I played TLoU, haha.

Talon

Unless it's The Witcher.
Although, to be fair, the TLoU is being praised for actually embedding the storytelling into the world (i.e. little crumpled up notes that you give you context - things like that) as opposed to being 100% cut scene.

"DOM, HERE IS THE PLOT OF THE GAME."
"I GET IT. I'M ANGRY FOR REASONS. LET'S KILL SOME LOCUSTS."

Fox318

Unless it's The Witcher.

awww yeah

Unless it's The Witcher.

Totally agree.

It's pretty much impossible to control (efficiently) with a control pad. I need to hook up my wheel.

Good to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK that.

I don't need or want that in my life right now. Life is hard enough as it is. If I have a few spare minutes for a video game I want it to be something fun or that puts a smile on my face. If I want to be scared I have my kids to take care of that. They are experts at beating you down mentally.

You're such a little girly chicken sometimes.

2a4a9d94437bf8fae4f668b209c745b8.jpg

bock,bock,bock,bock,bock,begowwwwk

eznark

Banned
I would have said the same thing before I played TLoU, haha.

Part of it has to do with reading some great fiction lately and on the flip side playing some games that try to tell a story and shit all over themselves like Halo and BIoshock Infinite. The stark contrast has me pretty soured on big budget story driven games.

And part of it has to do with the same issues Bionic has. I have a daughter who scares me shitless with her incessant climbing and bike riding and just living...I don't need a fake video game world to feel that.

Part of it has to do with reading some great fiction lately and on the flip side playing some games that try to tell a story and shit all over themselves like Halo and BIoshock Infinite. The stark contrast has me pretty soured on big budget story driven games.
I'm right there with you, man. Halo's story is a joke and I was very disappointed with BI's story after all the hype so I know where you're coming from. Story is generally the last reason I play games as I'm almost always a gameplay first kinda guy. I just think TLoU finally managed to get it right and quite frankly it really shocked me. There's a reason why the spoiler thread is so long, and it's not because "OMG TWITHT!!" like most games with "great" stories.

Part of the reason why I love TLoU so much is because it is the anti-video game in terms of story. It doesn't feel focus tested and it isn't written to please the crowd necessarily.

Greg

on the phone with PayPal, and I want to break something

I was transferred through 5 different people before I found one that has even heard of their micropayments account

Definitely on Bioshock in particular. Gamers heaping praise over the inclusion of an interesting setting and the inclusion of postmodern themes and concepts that haven't really been utilized in the medium before is pretty telling about the majority of gamers' reading habits (or lack thereof). The shame of it is that many games have some original and interesting elements in place, like Bioshock's setting, for instance, but then fall prey to stupid basic storytelling cliches and gameplay in which you mow down thousands of human beings like a sociopath. Pretty boring, but I haven't stopped playing altogether. I just use Redbox now instead of dropping 60-70 for a game I will just shrug my shoulders at

eznark

Banned
Definitely on Bioshock in particular. Gamers heaping praise over the inclusion of an interesting setting and the inclusion of postmodern themes and concepts that haven't really been utilized in the medium before is pretty telling about the majority of gamers' reading habits (or lack thereof). The shame of it is that many games have some original and interesting elements in place, like Bioshock's setting, for instance, but then fall prey to stupid basic storytelling cliches and gameplay in which you mow down thousands of human beings like a sociopath. Pretty boring, but I haven't stopped playing altogether. I just use Redbox now instead of dropping 60-70 for a game I will just shrug my shoulders at

Oh I still play plenty of games but I've always been more of a PC strategy gamer than anything and that combined with absurd low level dota and I don't miss single player games at all.

Greg

Oh I still play plenty of games but I've always been more of a PC strategy gamer than anything and that combined with absurd low level dota and I don't miss single player games at all.
Why did you abandon Path of Exile so fast?

ChanHuk

Banned
chan i'll trade you a couple of 30s and a handle for your 3ds

it's a good deal you should take it.

That's a really great offer, but I worry about you if you were to get a 3DS. You would lose your life and become a horrible Pats fan. In your best interest, I will have to decline your offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom