• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Holding in farts is the worst.
gol15.jpg

if you want to win, don't hold them in

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AdamSchefter
Lions and QB Matthew Stafford are on verge of blockbuster extension that could be done as early as today, per team source.

MechDX

Stafford's mechanics and accuracy and decision making always seem terrible to me, but I guess he does have a strong arm.

I would take his arm with Kubiaks training in a hearbeat

Ben Tate ‏@BenTateRB 2m
I mean Houstonians! What were u referring to sir? Being racist? RT @rstephenbaker: @BenTateRB when you say "they" don't you really mean...
Expand

Ben Tate is a member of NFL Age or an SNES alt!

Stafford update:

Dave Birkett @davebirkett 3m

Stafford's new deal won't hit 9 figures, but good for both sides. Allows him another mega deal in a few years, Lions get downside protection

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 47s

Per source with knowledge, Stafford's extension would be only three years, putting him under contract through 2017

No contract breakdown but here are the overall numbers:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 37s

Total value of three-year extension for Stafford will be $53 million, putting five-year haul at $76.5 million. $43 million guaranteed.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 35s

New Stafford deal is expected to create roughly $7 million in total cap space over the next two years, per source with knowledge of terms.

I was just thinking how awesome it would have been if we had the same social media we have today, back in the 80's/90's.

Michael Irving on crack and twitter.

Deion on Instagram.

So much potential for awesomeness.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Our franchise QB is locked in along with key offensive playmakers like Megatron, Bush and Pettigrew. Stafford took over the worst team in NFL history at 20 years old and turned us into a playoff contender and a Top 5 offense statistically after two seasons.

Injuries decimated the offensive side of the ball last year but when we're healthy and clicking, Stafford and this offense can hang with and outscore anyone in the league.

The one thing that has worried me is how the numbers will work to sign Suh long term, but at least we have him for the next two years.

bionic77

I was just thinking how awesome it would have been if we had the same social media we have today, back in the 80's/90's.

Michael Irving on crack and twitter.

Deion on Instagram.

So much potential for awesomeness.
Incorrect.

Life was better before social media. We had to actually see each other in person to socialize. And these days everyone thinks they are a critic and wants to share their worthless opinion on everything online (no one gives a fuck that some shit @ McDonalds thought the latest Superhero movie was the greatest/worst thing ever). You never had to worry about that back in the day!

squicken

Dave Altimari ‏@davealtimari 59m
Inside a safe in Hernandez home police found a scale and a dish used to weigh drugs. #Hernandez

Dave Altimari ‏@davealtimari
Mass. Police also served a search warrant to obtain all of possessions that were cleaned out of his locker by Patriots personnel.

Jason Lisk ‏@JasonLisk
Uh, so Aaron Hernandez stopped and bought gas, bubble gum and cigar WITH a credit card on way to pick up Lloyd?

Dave Altimari ‏@davealtimari 59m
Inside a safe in Hernandez home police found a scale and a dish used to weigh drugs. #Hernandez

Dave Altimari ‏@davealtimari
Mass. Police also served a search warrant to obtain all of possessions that were cleaned out of his locker by Patriots personnel.

Jason Lisk ‏@JasonLisk
Uh, so Aaron Hernandez stopped and bought gas, bubble gum and cigar WITH a credit card on way to pick up Lloyd?

Wow, what a dumbass.

squicken

Shayanna Jenkins broke into tears when she was told that Odin L. Lloyd had been murdered, but her boyfriend Aaron Hernandez slammed the door in the face of police - and never asked them whose death they were investigating, according to court records released this afternoon.

“Mr. Hernandez did not ask officers whose death was being investigated,” police wrote in one of several reports unsealed in Attleboro District Court today. “Mr. Hernandez’s demeanor did not indicate any concern for the death of any person.”

Just hours after Lloyd’s body was found, State and North Attleborough police questioned Hernandez outside his home on Ronald C. Meyer Drive in North Attleborough around 10:30 p.m. on June 17.

He told investigators that he last saw Lloyd on June 16 “up his way’’ in Boston, according to the report. Hernandez quickly turned hostile toward detectives, police said in the report.

“What’s with all the questions?” Hernandez asked police.

He then said he needed to speak with an attorney and walked back into his house, retrieved his lawyer’s business card and handed it to the detectives standing at his front door. The detectives told Hernandez they were investigating a death, but he responded by slamming the door, and locking it, police said.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...Dp6poM86IjRQXArUJ/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
AdamSchefter
Lions and QB Matthew Stafford are on verge of blockbuster extension that could be done as early as today, per team source.

Not a bad deal. Opens up more cap space over the next couple years.

His decision-making is questionable at times and he has a bizarre throwing motion lately, though, mainly because he's running for his life. If they get a running game going he'd be much better off.

As for the money, I'd still trade Suh if the opportunity came alone. He's not worth that money. I think Fairley is the better player, anyway.

What do you guys think about doing a team update prior to training camp/pre-season games? Each person who reps their team puts together a quick summary of what the team has done in the off-season including FA additions/losses along with a short draft recap. Finally, state the current strength of the team and where you feel the biggest weakness is, etc. Any pertinent info you feel should be there.

Once we get into training camp and the pre-season games we can reevaluate and see how things have changed going into the season. Thoughts?
I like this idea, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom