• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

Dave Altimari ‏@davealtimari 59m
Inside a safe in Hernandez home police found a scale and a dish used to weigh drugs. #Hernandez

Dave Altimari ‏@davealtimari
Mass. Police also served a search warrant to obtain all of possessions that were cleaned out of his locker by Patriots personnel.

Jason Lisk ‏@JasonLisk
Uh, so Aaron Hernandez stopped and bought gas, bubble gum and cigar WITH a credit card on way to pick up Lloyd?

He's dumber than Gronk.

I thought he would be better at evading punishment with Belichick and Kraft as his mentors.

He's dumber than Gronk.

I thought he would be better at evading punishment with Belichick and Kraft as his mentors.

Shut your fucking face about Gronk, you Philadelphia scum! Gronk isn't dumb, he's just special! And a true American!

GRONK! GRONK! GRONK! GRONK!

Incorrect.

Life was better before social media. We had to actually see each other in person to socialize. And these days everyone thinks they are a critic and wants to share their worthless opinion on everything online (no one gives a fuck that some shit @ McDonalds thought the latest Superhero movie was the greatest/worst thing ever). You never had to worry about that back in the day!

You misunderstood me. I was speaking directly to the idea of athletes with social media during that time period.

Big Personalities + Drugs + Social Media = Hilarity!

Bowser

Go Bucs.
Fuck the Falcons, Panthers and Saints.

tumblr_m8f1f7CRHI1rtc9of.gif

JABEE

The Pats got caught though.

They bribed the league to burn the evidence, but they still got caught and punished.

That's the thing. They weren't punished enough. They were able to keep their trophies, reputation, and the money they made off the seasons that have come to define their franchise.

Hernandez got caught and isn't going to get away with his crimes like I believe the Patriots for the most part have.

I'm willing to admit that what Aaron Hernandez did was worse than the Patriots's systematic cheating.

bionic77

What's the joke? Sounds like straight up facts to me.

Pats are cheating murdering cheaters
No one can really come back at a Ravens fan or player when they call out another team for being scumbags or criminals. Just like I won't call out a Pats fan when he calls out a tranny or demon spawn.

Dat experience.

Lunchbox

Banned
That's the thing. They weren't punished enough. They were able to keep their trophies, reputation, and the money they made off the seasons that have come to define their franchise.

Hernandez got caught and isn't going to get away with his crimes like I believe the Patriots for the most part have.

I'm willing to admit that what Aaron Hernandez did was worse than the Patriots's systematic cheating.

if you punish us you have to ban the entire league

everyone did it and still does, nfl tried to make an example out of us because of our higher profile. see - hernandez gets punished yet players from smaller market teams like ray lewis, oj, rapelisburger, vick and kaepernick walks free

its the burden we carry for being the dominant franchise of this league

squicken

Not sure you pay the mid-tier QBs that much money. I know that it kills your season when there isn't a QB, but so many guys are in that "average" range but are getting huge deals.

squicken

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...sonnel-director-tom-heckert-charged-with-dui/

NFL needs to step in and clean up what is going on in Denver post-Tebow

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 9, 2013, 7:04 PM EDT

For the second time in as many days, news has broken that a member of the Broncos’ front office was arrested for drunk driving.

This time it’s Tom Heckert, the Broncos’ director of pro personnel. According to the Associated Press, Heckert was arrested on June 11 and charged with driving under the influence and careless driving. That news comes a day after the news that Broncos director of player personnel Matt Russell was arrested for a DUI over the weekend.

It is unclear why Heckert’s arrest is just coming to light now, four weeks later, and it is also unclear whether Heckert told the Broncos about it.

The Broncos hired Heckert on May 7. Heckert was fired by the Browns in December at the end of his third season as Cleveland’s general manager.

Russell and Heckert could both be fined and suspended by the NFL. If their suspensions were to coincide during training camp, that would put a serious dent in the Broncos’ front office at a busy time for NFL personnel departments.

http://pro32.ap.org/article/documents-hernandez-admitted-firing-fatal-shots

New court documents show that Hernandez admitted to pulling the trigger

ATTLEBORO, Mass. (AP) — A man linked to the murder case against former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez told police Hernandez admitted firing the fatal shots, and a vehicle wanted in a double killing in Boston a year before had been rented in Hernandez's name, according to documents filed Tuesday in Florida that provide the most damning evidence yet against the star athlete.

The documents say Hernandez associate Carlos Ortiz told Massachusetts investigators that another man, Ernest Wallace, said Hernandez admitted shooting semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd in an industrial park near Hernandez's home in North Attleborough. The documents were filed in court by the Miramar, Fla., police department to justify a search of Wallace's home in that city.

The documents also say that while investigating Lloyd's killing, police did searches in Hernandez's hometown, Bristol, Conn., that turned up a vehicle wanted in connection with a July 2012 double homicide in Boston. Police say the vehicle had been rented in Hernandez's name.

Hernandez has pleaded not guilty in Lloyd's killing. His legal team did not return email messages Tuesday

Kas is probably too busy to post. I imagine him walking down the streets of Detroit whilst shirtless, holding up a picture of Stafford singing 'Don't Stop Believing' by Journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom