• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Daily reminder that the best backup Quarterback in the league resides in Detroit:

Shaun+Hill+Chicago+Bears+v+Detroit+Lions+s8Ba0KfRUI6l.jpg

I got to see the in progress best stadium for the best team in the NFL the other day. Its going to be so great seeing the Niners play in Superbowl L in their state of the art stadium.

Wes

venison crêpe
Just checking in. Nothing has changed right? Browns are still bad, Patriots full of felons, all that jazz?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
This was the fastest 100% I ever got, Holy Hell

2WhDCgH.png

First HR to Right (Gold Trophy), then to Left (Bronze + Gold), Foul Ball, HR to Center (Gold), 100%

All right, let's cut through all the trolling and get to the bottom of this.

We give the Pats shit for cheating their way to trophies. I hate the Pats for winning playoff games in Pittsburgh. No doubt about it. Hell, I hated the Reds back when I watched baseball in the 70s for beating the Pirates in the playoffs. Pete Rose was the Tom Brady of his day, but of course Rose was all man and Brady's... no, that's not what this post is about.

I want to ask a serious question of the Pats fans.

But first: Raiders/Bucs Super Bowl. It has been reported that the Bucs knew the Raiders' plays because the Raiders hadn't changed them, hadn't changed the fucking names of the plays, after Gruden left. So the Bucs knew what the Raiders were running every time they lined up... and they killed them. Flat out killed them.

So Pats fans say that "everyone was video-taping other teams" but there was something the Pats were doing different that gave them a competitive advantage.

That something was enough to get them fined, sure, but why burn the evidence? The anti-Pats fans here will call foul for the rest of time and put asterisks on the Super Bowls because of this. We will point to the burning of the evidence as a clear act that Goodell did not want to drag the NFL through what could have been a mind-blowing disaster from a PR standpoint. Better to handle the fine and then sweep it all away in ashes.

Pats fans... seriously now... what is opinion of it all? We all think you had enough video knowledge to know what we were running, as if your team was in the huddle ala Raiders/Bucs.

ChanHuk

Banned
Raiders situation in the 02 Super Bowl was that they did change the calls and play book kinda overnight. Our center with mental issues broke down and went missing so we had to go back to all our old line calls and plays. It was still bad coaching on that idiot Bill Callahan.

We give the Pats shit for cheating their way to trophies. I hate the Pats for winning playoff games in Pittsburgh. No doubt about it. Hell, I hated the Reds back when I watched baseball in the 70s for beating the Pirates in the playoffs. Pete Rose was the Tom Brady of his day, but of course Rose was all man and Brady's... no, that's not what this post is about.

But first: Raiders/Bucs Super Bowl. It has been reported that the Bucs knew the Raiders' plays because the Raiders hadn't changed them, hadn't changed the fucking names of the plays, after Gruden left. So the Bucs knew what the Raiders were running every time they lined up... and they killed them. Flat out killed them.

So Pats fans say that "everyone was video-taping other teams" but there was something the Pats were doing different that gave them a competitive advantage.

That something was enough to get them fined, sure, but why burn the evidence? The anti-Pats fans here will call foul for the rest of time and put asterisks on the Super Bowls because of this. We will point to the burning of the evidence as a clear act that Goodell did not want to drag the NFL through what could have been a mind-blowing disaster from a PR standpoint. Better to handle the fine and then sweep it all away in ashes.

Pats fans... seriously now... what is opinion of it all? We all think you had enough video knowledge to know what we were running, as if your team was in the huddle ala Raiders/Bucs.

It is what it is.

Raiders situation in the 02 Super Bowl was that they did change the calls and play book kinda overnight. Our center with mental issues broke down and went missing so we had to go back to all our old line calls and plays. It was still bad coaching on that idiot Bill Callahan.
Chan how old are you? Are you one of the olds?

MechDX

Lets go back further:

hqdefault.jpg

Renfro caught balls from quarterback greats Dan Pastorini, Kenny Stabler and Archie Manning while a member of the Oilers. Renfro also was involved in one of the most controversial plays in NFL playoff history. A Pastorini pass to Renfro for an apparent touchdown in the 1980 championship game against the Pittsburg Steelers was incorrectly overturned and ruled not a catch, costing the Oilers a chance for victory and a trip to the Super Bowl. The play was cited as the impetus for league-wide instant replay in the NFL, which was instituted soon thereafter.
Oilers were robbed!

ChanHuk

Banned
Anyone watch Doctor Who? Just started it, kinda weird show so far.

Oh, you're a relatively young old. I thought you were a 30 year old for a second.

Which Dr. Who are you watching? The hipster one or the older one?

I'm somewhere in between the olds and the youngs. But I'm still better than that Gata.

bionic77

Lets go back further:

hqdefault.jpg

Oilers were robbed!
Refs will always suck though. They fucked us hard in the divisional against Indy in 2005 but champs still find a way to win. You can't leave it in their hands (or Jerome Bettis's hands which seem to be covered in grease or butter but that is another story). Either blow the team out of the water or just pay off their qb to throw INTs directly to your players (see Cowboys last Superbowl). Otherwise there is so much luck in this game that in a close game anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom