• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football Outsiders ran an article the other day breaking down each team's use of single back vs multi-back formations and how effective each type of formation was running the football last year.

Article

Some interesting tidbits I saw:

After employing one back just 57 percent of the time in 2011 with Tim Tebow at the helm, Manning’s Bronco’s used a one-back formation 93 percent of the time in 2012, the second-highest total in the league...

...The addition of Manning wasn’t able to help the Broncos’ running, however -- or, more likely, the the departure of Tebow closed a few running holes. Denver's rushing DVOA [defense-adjusted value over the league average] from single-back sets dropped from 5.7% in 2011 to -0.6% in 2012. Their multiple-back formations fared even worse, dropping from 21st to 31st with a -35.8% DVOA. The only team who fared worse in multiple-back sets happened to be the only team who ran them less frequently than Denver: the Detroit Lions

It will be interesting to see if San Francisco can continue their rushing prowess in 2013. Despite the luxury of having a mobile quarterback, the Niners rushing attack actually deteriorated under Colin Kaepernick. Through their first eight games, prior to Alex Smith's injury, San Francisco averaged a league-leading 5.8 yards per rush, leading to a staggering 169 yards per game. Through their final eight games, the Niners were only able to average 4.1 yards on designated runs.

MechDX

Refs will always suck though. They fucked us hard in the divisional against Indy in 2005 but champs still find a way to win. You can't leave it in their hands (or Jerome Bettis's hands which seem to be covered in grease or butter but that is another story). Either blow the team out of the water or just pay off their qb to throw INTs directly to your players (see Cowboys last Superbowl). Otherwise there is so much luck in this game that in a close game anything can happen.

EXCUSES! You paid off the refs and screwed an all time great from his Superbowl! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuH8aw-oTAg

Love a very young Wade Philips losing his shit in the coaches box at 2:22 jnc

bionic77

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Anyone watch Doctor Who? Just started it, kinda weird show so far.

Oh, you're a relatively young old. I thought you were a 30 year old for a second.

Keep talking young blood. Soon you'll be up here and you'll have a new appreciation for our lord and saviour Brandon Weeden.

Hunter S.

Started the new one on Netflix, wasn't sure which one to start. I'm only on episode 2
I tried watching it. Eventually you realize it is as trashy as Oakland drunken, Asian prostitute named chan. It is so low budget it is corny. If an American version was made with a higher budget it could be badass.

I tried watching it. Eventually you realize it is as trashy as Oakland drunken, Asian prostitute named chan. It is so low budget it is corny. If an American version was made with a higher budget it could be badass.
:jnc, but yeah I'm already thinking what the fuck. I'll probably give it a couple more episodes and see how it goes though.

All time greats get to the Superbowl multiple times. Don't blame the refs!

I hate all these fake ass analysts!

the funny thing is they are actually counting alex smiths last start towards his numbers. in this game, alex played about a quarter and then kap came in. kap had 66 yards rushing in that game on 8 carries. then our playoff YPC was over 6.

our early season rush yardage/YPC was heavily inflated by our game against the bills where we had over 300 yards rushing. although i suppose our playoff numbers were inflated by destroying the sorry ass packers!

MechDX

The Titans should hook him up with some free stuff.

bud-adams-bird-watching-o.gif

Stay classy Bud!

bionic77

the funny thing is they are actually counting alex smiths last start towards his numbers. in this game, alex played about a quarter and then kap came in. kap had 66 yards rushing in that game on 8 carries. then our playoff YPC was over 6.

our early season rush yardage/YPC was heavily inflated by our game against the bills where we had over 300 yards rushing. although i suppose our playoff numbers were inflated by destroying the sorry ass packers!
Good stats are always inflated by beating up on Garbo teams. That makes analysts get hard and gets you a top spot in the power rankings but those teams fade for some reason in the playoffs.

lol

you should play it more, theres even boobs

it just feels like the game has too much shit going on. i have to do this to launch a spell but i can put this on top of that spell too to make it more powerful and i have to manage all this other shit. maybe i was in a hurry when i played it and didn't want to try to understand the game

rogue legacy and FTL are both awesome though!

brentech

Anybody have the Sony Pulse headphones?
I don't have the pulse headphones, but I do have the 'official ps3 headphones' that are very similar. Only gripe is battery life and I think I need to try on ear headphones because my ears overheat and I become uncomfortable. Otherwise, I love them.

I have those and 2 other pairs of over-ear headphones. All of them make my ears too hot. Really need to try on-ear and see how that does me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom