• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us have caught a football in the yard, but snaring one of the the super-sized NFL footballs from a pro quarterback? That's tougher than it sometimes appears. Austin's view more accurately shows how quickly the ball is approaching.
Dude makes it sound like the throw was a vintage Favre bullet or something. That throw and catch was nothing special at all.

squicken

Tom Brady cheated on his pregnant wife and left her for a super model. Your hero is even more of a scumbag. That's without even mentioning how he cheated the league out of clean and fair championships. Tom Brady cheats in every facet of his life.

It wasn't his wife and Bill Simmons said she was trying to trap him by getting pregnant

Where does this fit in the Pats morality scale between executing someone,assaulting players/ innocent cab drivers/ law enforcement, DUI, PEDS, Spying, partying too hard etc....

Only one player killed someone, All teams have DUI offenders and PED users, they were punished, and partying too hard isnt a crime.

mr2xxx

Banned
Only one player killed someone, All teams have DUI offenders and PED users, they were punished, and partying too hard isnt a crime.

That last part was a joke! Besides what Rg3 is tame compared to the shit most teams have done especially with Pats. Talib and Dennard alone have a longer criminal record than most teams. No need to even mention Hernandez!

And now look at the cost. Gronkowski is almost an invalid, Hernandez is a murdering scumbag, and Tammy is old and hitting menopause. But Bill is the smartest person in the league!

You should become a Seahawks lifelong!

Gronk will be back better than ever this year and Brady will be good again. Hernandez was a goon long before playing the Texans.

I'm glad I have some anti-cole slaw bros here. I went to Primanti's when I was in Pittsburgh previously and that was a standard on all of their sandwiches. I was like GIT THAT SHIT OFF, and the result was the best damn sandwich I've had all year. That and the many Penn Pilsners I imbibed more than made up for the Brewers getting their shit pushed in tat weekend.

I can't believe that Cam Newton admitted to still rooting for the Falcons. I don't think that would go over well at all in Philadelphia.

Bomani Jones just said it right on Around the Horn. Guys have been fans of other football teams before, during, and after their time in the NFL. Cam was asked the question, and answered truthfully.

You wouldn't believe how many Cowboys and Patriots fans you would find among the NFL player population.

JABEE

Bomani Jones just said it right on Around the Horn. Guys have been fans of other football teams before, during, and after their time in the NFL. Cam was asked the question, and answered truthfully.

You wouldn't believe how many Cowboys and Patriots fans you would find among the NFL player population.
I shudder just thinking about it.

brentech

Really now? They don't exactly have a history of excellence. I'd find that hard to believe.

But anyways, the real problem is that Cam is a fan of a team in his own division. Usually that fandom subsides when you play them twice a year.

Another examples of fuzzy Lions math
The probable comeback crown belongs to the Lions, who have just about every statistical indicator tracking in their favor. Their 4-12 season saw them produce the point differential of a 6.5-win team while going 3-8 in one-touchdown games. They had the league's third-worst turnover margin at minus-16, likely owing to their defense recovering just six fumbles last year. (Their recovery rate of 32.6 percent was the second-worst in the league.) They've also dumped return man Stefan Logan, who muffed six times last year and somehow took a knee on the 4-yard line. Remember: Sometimes, competency is enough.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9459928/which-losing-nfl-teams-poised-make-playoffs

Garbage time touchdowns are irrelevant. This team loves to come alive in the final 6 minutes of games, coincidentally right when teams start playing down field/giving up 10 yard completions. You know, because they're up 45-23.

Dragon

Banned
Really now? They don't exactly have a history of excellence. I'd find that hard to believe.

The young guys coming into the league would be watching football growing up and seeing them win three Super Bowls.

I'm sure Gronk infecting hundreds of college girls with nuclear syphilis is a crime.

Gronk is too stupid to do something like this on purpose, and that'd be the only way it'd be a crime!

But anyways, the real problem is that Cam is a fan of a team in his own division. Usually that fandom subsides when you play them twice a year.

He's only played them 4 times and as I said earlier he hasn't actually been in a real battle with them (whether its a single game or a race for a division title) to this point in his career. I'm sure as he gets older and the rivalry gets more intense, he'll grow less fond of them.

JABEE

He's only played them 4 times and as I said earlier he hasn't actually been in a real battle with them (whether its a single game or a race for a division title) to this point in his career. I'm sure as he gets older and the rivalry gets more intense, he'll grow less fond of them.
He should be rooting for them to lose. If you are rooting for other teams in your division it means you don't have interest in making the playoffs.

JABEE

Yikes, not something you ever want to hear, even about your worst enemy. Cherish your last few months on earth Gator, and my condolences for the bad news.

One more victim of Gronk sauce --- the not-so-silent killer.
If only he stayed with the Jaguars. Gator would have Fulham season tickets and not a cocktail of venereal diseases.

jakncoke

Banned
Just lol'd. Bought a portable dvd player last month, accidentally knocked it back, noticed a "manufactured may 2012" sticker on the bottom. Thats a long ass time from built to sold haha

Bengals lock up Dunlap long term:

Great re-signing. So happy the Pats picked Cunningham like 2 picks ahead of Dunlap.

Mac and cheese is one of the greatest foods in the known universe and cole slaw is gross. It's not that complicated.

On the topic of pulled pork sandwiches --- give it to me with nothing but the pork and some glorious tomato-based sauce.

We're talking about Macaroni and Cheese? As in the Pasta with cheese, on a sandwich?! Who the fuck puts PASTA on a sandwich?! That's stupid. I don't like cole slaw, but putting pasta on a sandwich should be a crime.

And, all you Gronk haters need to start stuffing your face with macaroni sandwiches, to get even fatter so you can't function anymore.

He should be rooting for them to lose. If you are rooting for other teams in your division it means you don't have interest in making the playoffs.

Do you really think Cam would root for the Falcons to win if it meant he couldn't make the playoffs?

There's a difference between "I really want to win, but if we can't win it, I'd want this team to win" vs. "I totally want us to get our asses kicked by this other team!"

Fantomex

I will not back down, I will stand my ground.

gator-ak-47-mnt.gif

We're talking about Macaroni and Cheese? As in the Pasta with cheese, on a sandwich?! Who the fuck puts PASTA on a sandwich?! That's stupid. I don't like cole slaw, but putting pasta on a sandwich should be a crime.

And, all you Gronk haters need to start stuffing your face with macaroni sandwiches, to get even fatter so you can't function anymore.
For the record I've never had mac and cheese on a sandwich, but I wouldn't be totally opposed to trying it. Some nice homemade crock pot mac and cheese with about 5 different cheeses could be awesome on a sandwich. Mac and cheese is barely pasta, it's not like we're talking about throwing some shrimp linguine on a pastrami sub or something.

That last comment was mean. I don't hate Gronk for one thing, as I don't believe in disrespecting the deceased.

eznark

Banned
Do you really think Cam would root for the Falcons to win if it meant he couldn't make the playoffs?

There's a difference between "I really want to win, but if we can't win it, I'd want this team to win" vs. "I totally want us to get our asses kicked by this other team!"

If Cam gave a fuck about winning why wouldn't he win more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom