• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsayer

ODcUvCy.png

Here we go.

Wow, good for him. I hope this doesn't cripple his draft stock.

ShaneB

Good for him. Hope it all works out, was getting emotional watching the interview and hearing him talk about all that has happened in his family. Best of luck to him moving forward, will keep an eye on his progress. Maybe he'll be a Seahawk!!!

LJ11

bigger news for the media/public than NFL teams. gay players have been in NFL locker rooms for decades, with teammates and coaches well aware. now I'm not naive, other players largely hid it, and Sam will face numerous challenges because he's now openly gay, but I really feel it's a bigger issue to the public at large than to the inner workings of a football team, but maybe I'm wrong.

Sanjuro

The likes of TO and Titus Young are cancerous.

This is not.

I'm not saying it is, I'm saying how it's going to be viewed by certain organizations. TO would be a better gamble for most of those franchises, because at the time he was performing. Not out of college.

If I didn't have precognition that the Packers are going DL then ILB (Bullough or Borland) I'd say they might take Sam.

Also Sam is gay and that's not kosher with Ted's uber Christian beliefs. Then again he traded up to draft Clay and he downs poon faster than you can say Hollywood steroid dealer.

eznark

Banned
Uh. Not sure how to tell somebody they're full of shit politely. You're full of shit... sir?

Why be polite about it?

Also:

Lance Zierlein @LanceZierlein
worth noting RT @dpbrugler: Haven't talked w/ one scout who thinks Sam is a top-100 guy. when he's available on day 3, this news isn't why

Awesome, looking forward to teams getting brow beaten for not taking him in the first two round.

Wes

venison crêpe
Saw this on reddit, supposedly from his Outside the Lines interview (whatever that is):

"I endured so much in my past: seeing my older brother killed from a gunshot wound, not knowing that my oldest sister died when she was a baby and I never got the chance to meet her. My second oldest brother went missing in 1998, and me and my little sister were the last ones to see him ... my other two brothers have been in and out of jail since 8th grade, currently both in jail. "Telling the world I'm gay is nothing compared to that."

Blimey. I bet. I'll be rooting for him to succseed.

eznark

Banned
bigger news for the media/public than NFL teams. gay players have been in NFL locker rooms for decades, with teammates and coaches well aware. now I'm not naive, other players largely hid it, and Sam will face numerous challenges because he's now openly gay, but I really feel it's a bigger issue to the public at large than to the inner workings of a football team, but maybe I'm wrong.

From talking with people involved in professional sports organizations it's basically like drinking in high school. It's fine as long as you don't rub your parents nose in it.

Given the way Incognito was wrongly torpedoed by the media, I'd be terrified of having even friendly interactions with Sam. No professional athlete in America will be more teflon. If he wants to bury you it will be fucking simple.

ShaneB

Saw this on reddit, supposedly from his Outside the Lines interview (whatever that is):

"I endured so much in my past: seeing my older brother killed from a gunshot wound, not knowing that my oldest sister died when she was a baby and I never got the chance to meet her. My second oldest brother went missing in 1998, and me and my little sister were the last ones to see him ... my other two brothers have been in and out of jail since 8th grade, currently both in jail. "Telling the world I'm gay is nothing compared to that."

Blimey. I bet. I'll be rooting for him to succseed.

Yeah, he said all this on the video piece on the espn site. Crazy stuff.

I'd be skeptical if this weren't 3 months out.

Guys like Kluwe have clear biases and advantages to pandering to a libby audience.

This strikes me as the dumbest move possible and the worst possible time.

Bioshock Infinite is free on PS+, this a good game?
Depends on your definition of the word "game" and what you like about video games.

eznark

Banned
So it's an amazing game then. I don't trust GAF on 98% of things.

Also that gay NCAA guy, its noble and all. But to come out before the draft? Publicity stunt to me.

First two hours are pretty awesome and worth your time. Stop after that. Combat is ass, story loses its way and if you haven't figured out the twist by that point you're a knuckle dragging simpleton who should be reading breathing for dummies instead of playing a video game.

LJ11

From talking with people involved in professional sports organizations it's basically like drinking in high school. It's fine as long as you don't rub your parents nose in it.

you're largely right about this. always exceptions, Jerry Smith didn't really hide it from my recollection, but he also had Lombardi for a short while who was extremely tolerant, had gay players in GB too. that redskins team had multiple gay players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom