• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

http://walterfootball.com/awardsnfl2013.php

WalterFootball.com Award (Best Player) - J.J. Watt, DE, Texans.

It was a close call between J.J. Watt and Robert Quinn. The latter posted more sacks, but Watt was better overall. Watt is the best player in football right now. It's just a shame that so many of his teammates quit this past season once it was apparent that the Texans would not be reaching the playoffs.

Boom! Pay the man Rick! Seriously, its going to cost us so just do it already

M.U.P. (Most Unimportant Player) - Trent Richardson, RB, Colts.

Give Andrew Luck a stud running back, and it'll make Indianapolis' offense unstoppable, right? That's what everyone thought when the Colts traded their first-round pick to Cleveland for Trent Richardson. Everyone believed this was a lopsided deal, and that actually turned out to be the case - with the Browns being the clear-cut winners. Richardson was disgraceful in his new home, as he was eventually benched in favor of Donald Brown.

:jnc

Sanjuro

He's been unreal the past two years. His production has been insane, especially considering how much of a joke he'd become become five years ago. Dallas Buyers Club, Mud, Killer Joe, Magic Mike, Wolf of Wall Street, Bernie, and now True Detective with Christopher Nolan's Interstellar still to come.

You need to savor every drop of the McConaughey while it's good.

The end of this Beatles anniversary concert was badass. Sgt Pepper right into Help From My Friends... with Paul and Ringo (the latter of whom is apparently immortal)

WedgeX

Banned
NY Times said:
At a showcase game for college seniors last month, several scouts asked Mr. Sam’s agent, Joe Barkett, whether Mr. Sam had a girlfriend or whether Mr. Barkett had seen him with women.

I thought the NFL had put the stop to this after last year. But I guess not.

squicken

Who the fuck is everyone? I knew the Browns fleeced the Colts the second I heard about it and i'm sure I wasn't alone.

I thought it was dumb b/c it was Cleveland telling their players the front office was quitting. I think it had a direct impact on the rest of the team's play as the year went on, and players mentioned it when Chud was fired. Lots of "you guys traded Richardson and have to balls to say we quit on the year?"

Furyous

Is Kerry Rhodes still unemployed?

I see what you did there. If we can survive Hurricane Tebow then we (as a league of fans) can survive any distraction. If Mike is an awful player he'll be cut.

The game changer will come if someone of Johnny Football's caliber comes out. A good 'ol boy from Texas that just wins. Someone that has dat 'gene. Someone that wins most of their games and is an average everyman from somewhere that screams 'Murica like Texas. Dude is getting after his #1 draft selection and hits a walkoff by outing himself on international television. That will change the game even more.

I'm happy that Mike is happy now. CardsGAF, are we selecting this guy?

I thought it was dumb b/c it was Cleveland telling their players the front office was quitting. I think it had a direct impact on the rest of the team's play as the year went on, and players mentioned it when Chud was fired. Lots of "you guys traded Richardson and have to balls to say we quit on the year?"

It was an admission of quitting on the season, but honestly, how often does a team get a do over for a bust of a pick? Trent was just slightly better than the long since washed up and broken Willis McGahee.

I don't think it did. Browns went on to win those next two games and Moral was at a all time high with Hoyer. Browns were eventually in playoff contention if they won the next couple games, and players had some trust Campbell. And let's not act like the Browns players didn't know how Trent was doing in Indy weekly.
Edit: browns also rushed for more total yds in those nxt couple games after the trade, anyone that watched Trent play those first two games knew it was a good trade.

squicken

I see what you did there. If we can survive Hurricane Tebow then we (as a league of fans) can survive any distraction. If Mike is an awful player he'll be cut.?

He's a 6'1" 4-3 DE. He is a day 3 pick. Not like he's a first round talent that someone will pick up cheap in the 5th b/c the rest of the league hates the gays

I don't think it did. Browns went on to win those next two games and Moral was at a all time high with Hoyer. Browns were eventually in playoff contention if they won the next couple games, and players had some trust Campbell. And let's not act like the Browns players didn't know how Trent was doing in Indy weekly.
Edit: browns also rushed for more total yds in those nxt couple games after the trade, anyone that watched Trent play those first two games knew it was a good trade.

Well in retrospect of course I love the trade. He sucks and you got a first for a bust. But the players brought it up after Chud got fired. Good point about winning the next couple of games, though. Hard to say. It clearly weighed on their thoughts but didn't have any sort of immediate impact

Konka

Banned
He's a 6'1" 4-3 DE. He is a day 3 pick. Not like he's a first round talent that someone will pick up cheap in the 5th b/c the rest of the league hates the gays

Well in retrospect of course I love the trade. He sucks and you got a first for a bust. But the players brought it up after Chud got fired. Good point about winning the next couple of games, though. Hard to say. It clearly weighed on their thoughts but didn't have any sort of immediate impact

mag_lpot-wilson01jr_576.jpg

Still, it's brave of the guy to come out now before he's even in the league. 99 percent of all gay athletes so far have taken the coward's route and waited until their career was well finished before daring.

Don't know why that basketball guy who came out last year was seen as such a hero. It's easy to do when you've already made your money and have one foot out of the door.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Yup won 3 straight and then went into the bye week at 4-5 and within 2 games of Cincinnati...

I'm sorry but I've never seen any of these quotes, at least not by any prominent Browns players. Even if they did, why the Fuck would anyone say a thing when Trent rushed for like 300 yds on the season.
Edit: I love you Trent sorry

squicken

I'm sorry but I've never seen any of these quotes, at least not by any prominent Browns players. Even if they did, why the Fuck would anyone say a thing when Trent rushed for like 300 yds on the season.
Edit: I love you Trent sorry

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ring-infuriates-many-cleveland-browns-players

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/12/30/5256430/browns-players-response-rob-chudzinkski-firing

Linebacker D'Qwell Jackson was incredulous when he heard the rumors on the team bus after the game, he told Peter Kings of Sports Illustrated.

On the bus back to Pittsburgh, [defensive teammate] Jabaal Sheard showed me a text from his agent that said Chud could be fired. I said, ‘No way. No way.' After the Trent Richardson trade and our quarterback injuries, I thought for sure he'd get a pass. Not one year. Come on. One year? There's no way. Chud was good for us, good for the team. He came in and did everything right, I thought.

Best I can find on a quick Google search. There were so many writeups on the firings I can't remember which one exactly, but maybe Jackson was the only one on record to sort of bring it up

Like I said, I hated it at the time, but love it now.

ShaneB

Good point.

On an unrelated note, Matthew McConaughey is unreal in Dallas Buyers Club.

Need to watch this asap.

Want to extend a thanks to the folks that brought up Secret Life of Walter Mitty a while ago. Watched it tonight and despite generally not liking Ben Stiller, this was great fun to watch. Love Kristen Wiig too.

Kave, I'm coming to drink you under the table and take your Canadian women.

I love the Canadian womens. They are the best women around for settling down with.

They are the gold medal of women.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Also, our neighbors to the north are really starting to grow on me.

ezQ8y3g.jpg

Doesn't every Olympic village deteriorate into a den of orgies? I wonder if they're going to need to ship more condoms again.

Wait I remember seeing stuff like this at the last Winter Olympics.

I'm not sold until I see her face! 9/10 it's a butterface.

As some Olympic athlete put it a couple years ago, even if the face is a 4 the bodies are all going to be at least a 9/10.

Greg

Still would.

What Bolt McRiversfan said.

Get out of here Greg. I'll beat you in ping pong then dunk over your metal collection.
I'm royalty in the Olympic Village

it's not often you come across a ping ponging, slam dunking, ghostly white American

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom