• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

I just can't see CLE giving up both first round picks to move up, even to Houston's slot.

ap-browns-lombardi-football-4_3.jpg

I win

cdyhybrid

Like cdy to a post critical of the Seahawks
Or Ez to a post related to minorities
A post about shit brings FMT racing to this thread

Oh, hey, it's that play that everyone has abused in Madden for 10 years!

Holy shit, Madden 2004 is 10 years old. Damn it.

In my defense, it's generally only when a Pats fan, a Niners fan, or squicken criticizes!

Milchjon

Hopefully the crosshairs move over a certain roaming pestilence before too long. If this thread was ever accurately described as a fort or shelter, it's from that user.

Now I'm curious. Who's this user

...that you're salty about?

I can only think of a certain ex mod.

JABEE

In the past all I needed to do was build a decent argument for it to happen and it would without much incident or second-guessing!

Could you bring users back from the dead? I know BLarry was originally permed for just posting a little bit of feces. What about the chan's and snes's of the world? Do they have any recourse?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Could you bring users back from the dead? I know BLarry was originally permed for just posting a little bit of feces. What about the chan's and snes's of the world? Do they have any recourse?
I'm the one who originally banned BLarry as well as the one who significantly reduced it. This is all past tense, of course, because I'm not a mod or admin anymore. There are still good mods who don't mind being presented with an honest argument, though, just make sure they know where you're coming from and that you have your information in order.

Bread

Banned
I don't even know what that means, but I'm going to throw you a bone Dutch Patriot. It's been ten years, I've decided to let it go. I don't want to grow into a bitter old man with hate in his heart like bionic.

As of today, I'm officially recognizing the Patriots' victory over the Panthers in Super Bowl 38. Y'all won. We lost. The ring is legit.
wow so my pats won!? tom is now tied with Peyton! i hope we have a chance to win a couple more retroactively.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Thats not saying much considering the secrecy of who bans who
I don't believe in secrecy for such things, at the user level or the mod level. If you're making bad calls then somebody should be able to call you on it! Fortunately, I was usually the one calling out other mods, but it's not like my judgement is perfect either. That's why I mentioned building a case for a ban.

To me the perfect ban is one that everyone sees coming and can only shake their heads in response to.

squicken

For those that like to do a little draft prognosticating, this is a good post on why the Rams won't be drafting Clowney or whatever else you might read. Offensive line is a huge need, as always

While it can be argued the Rams’ biggest need is a ball-hawking free safety, a "true number one" wide receiver, or a shutdown corner to play opposite Janoris Jenkins, there is no unit that needs bolstering more than the offensive line…and none of the positions are excluded.

Whether it be due to age, health, or the almighty paycheck there’s no unit on the roster that could potentially need an overhaul in 2014 quite like the offensive line. Of the five linemen who opened the season as starters in 2013, it's possible none will be available on opening day in 2014.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/2/10/5398444/st-louis-rams-biggest-draft-need-offensive-line

JCizzle

I am shocked to hear about professional athletes using performance enhancing drugs. To think the Ravens won that Super Bowl with such illicit things in their body while the 49ers were fueled only by milk and mother's love. This is the first I've heard of such a thing and will be boycotting this crooked sport until this problem is eradicated. See you guys again in 20ohfuckingnever.

But seriously can we get this guy back on our payroll? 2013 sucked, we need to get Ray Rice on DAT JUICE!

Tell me about it. Losing to deer antler infused murderers and then walking HGH advertisements is bullshit. I demand justice!!

I am shocked to hear about professional athletes using performance enhancing drugs. To think the Ravens won that Super Bowl with such illicit things in their body while the 49ers were fueled only by milk and mother's love. This is the first I've heard of such a thing and will be boycotting this crooked sport until this problem is eradicated. See you guys again in 20ohfuckingnever.

But seriously can we get this guy back on our payroll? 2013 sucked, we need to get Ray Rice on DAT JUICE!

I don't know why, but this made me laugh my ass off in my school library just now. Good work, sir.

wow so my pats won!? tom is now tied with Peyton! i hope we have a chance to win a couple more retroactively.

That means that B for Bendetta and yankeehater have to remove the veils from their eyes and cede their team's rightful defeats.

I don't know why, but this made me laugh my ass off in my school library just now. Good work, sir.

That means that B for Bendetta and yankeehater have to remove the veils from their eyes and cede their team's rightful defeats.

I have no veil over my eyes but I will never cede any defeat in which the other team cheated in such a disgusting manner. All three of those SBs are clearly tainted and the people that try to pretend they are not are the ones that have their eyes covered.

I don't even know what that means, but I'm going to throw you a bone Dutch Patriot. It's been ten years, I've decided to let it go. I don't want to grow into a bitter old man with hate in his heart like bionic.

As of today, I'm officially recognizing the Patriots' victory over the Panthers in Super Bowl 38. Y'all won. We lost. The ring is legit.

I'm at a loss for words. I don't care that you root for United. You're my brother for now and ever. Need me to kick somebody out of the Shirtless League so you can join?

Also, regarding the dick statement. Go watch the funniest movie in human history: 21 Jump Street.

http://youtu.be/nq61gZFBL-A

This is how history is rewritten. I will never forget. Expelling dissenters from this board will never work!

I'm not forgetting or forgiving, but its time to move on. Besides, the era of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick is coming to an end.

Tom Brady, is an all-time great quarterback and is also a man, and I've always had respect for what he's been able to do in his illustrious career.

Bill Belichick is one of the greatest minds to ever be around the game of football.

Just saw American Hustle. Bale is a god, Amy Adams can buy me any diner in the world.

But the one thing that bothered me was Jennifer Lawrence. She annoyed the fucking shit out of me. I don't get how everybody goes like 'OMG JENNIFER LAWRENCE IS THE GREATEST ACTRESS EVER! GIVE HER ANOTHER OSCAR'. She does nothing for me besides bothering me with her performance.

Also, had some really salty popcorn, but this thread is the saltiest shit I've ever seen.

Also 2.0: I have a sixpack of Corona's in my fridge. You're all welcome (well 5 of you)

squicken

I'm not forgetting or forgiving, but its time to move on. Besides, the era of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick is coming to an end.

Tom Brady, is an all-time great quarterback and is also a man, and I've always had respect for what he's been able to do in his illustrious career.

Bill Belichick is one of the greatest minds to ever be around the game of football.

All that is true, but it doesn't mean your team still didn't lose a SB by a FG when the Pats were taping your practices. Yeah, your team could have won it had they not made a few less mistakes. But that's the thing: the Panthers had to make less mistakes than the Pats b/c the Pats had gained an unfair advantage through cheating

effzee

Just saw American Hustle. Bale is a god, Amy Adams can buy me any diner in the world.

But the one thing that bothered me was Jennifer Lawrence. She annoyed the fucking shit out of me. I don't get how everybody goes like 'OMG JENNIFER LAWRENCE IS THE GREATEST ACTRESS EVER! GIVE HER ANOTHER OSCAR'. She does nothing for me besides bothering me with her performance.

Also, had some really salty popcorn, but this thread is the saltiest shit I've ever seen.

Also 2.0: I have a sixpack of Corona's in my fridge. You're all welcome (well 5 of you)

Yeah while she isn't terrible all of her charm and attraction seems to be based on her looks (obviously) and personality where she comes across as very down to earth and fun.

I never seen Winter's Bone for which was nominated so maybe that's where the amazing acting was. She was really good in Silver Linings Playbook too but nothing that made me think "OMG SHE IS GOING TO WIN THE OSCARS FOR THIS!".

It's been pointed out J. Law was a big miss as far as casting goes. I haven't seen the movie, but like she just doesn't seem really fit in with everyone else to me. That's based on what I've seen and what others have told me.

Oh no guys, it's too late for Grover!

KarlackBrainBug.png

ShaneB

It's been pointed out J. Law was a big miss as far as casting goes. I haven't seen the movie, but like she just doesn't seem really fit in with everyone else to me. That's based on what I've seen and what others have told me.

I'll agree to this. There was something that just felt off with the movie, and perhaps it was her, and I adore Jennifer Lawrence =(

Tom Penny

Lawrence had by far the best performance and it wasn't really close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom