• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

Haslam was angry at the end of the season, and basically ordered Chud gone. Why would he be angry if he was throwing the season away?

Richardson isn't and wasn't a starting RB.

The NFL screwed Haslam and the Browns by attaching Banner to the organization just like the NFL screwed the team in '99 with that joke of an expansion draft.

He was angry because they weren't playing well. Chud was fired soon thereafter, the reason being that he couldn't get the players to play hard enough like Gus Bradley did. That doesn't explain what Banner and Lombardi did to justify their firings. They inherited Brandon Weeden. What were they supposed to do in year one to produce a quarterback? Draft Geno Smith? Sign Vince Young? There were no franchise QBs in the draft or free agency last year and you can't just produce one out of thin air. They traded Richardson, which was a smart move, and received a 1st round pick, which will now give them the ammunition to get said franchise QB in this year's draft. That's laudable, not a fireable offense. But maybe I'm just missing something.

KingGondo

Banned
...that should never happen.
Nobody ever thought the Sonics would move either. All it took was an opportunistic buyer and a seller willing to listen for the right price.

I bet the Niners would love for the Raiders to move, they could monopolize the Bay Area/NorCal market.

I highly doubt it would happen, I'm just saying. The biggest problem is that OKC still needs to build an NFL stadium.

Wes

venison crêpe
"Not as much change in the organisation as it might appear to be."

Seems more and more like Lombardi was just a body and Banner was a necessity.

Nobody ever thought the Sonics would move either. All it took was an opportunistic buyer and a seller willing to listen for the right price.

I bet the Niners would love for the Raiders to move, they could monopolize the Bay Area/NorCal market.

I highly doubt it would happen, I'm just saying. The biggest problem is that OKC still needs to build an NFL stadium.

I'm sure the California teams would love for the Raiders to leave, but unless it's Los Angeles, I don't think the Raiders will leave Oakland. Now if OKC was offering a state-of-the-art stadium....

Nah, not even then. Lol.

He was angry because they weren't playing well. Chud was fired soon thereafter, the reason being that he couldn't get the players to play hard enough like Gus Bradley did. That doesn't explain what Banner and Lombardi did to justify their firings. They inherited Brandon Weeden. What were they supposed to do in year one to produce a quarterback? Draft Geno Smith? Sign Vince Young? There were no franchise QBs in the draft or free agency last year and you can't just produce one out of thin air. They traded Richardson, which was a smart move, and received a 1st round pick, which will now give them the ammunition to get said franchise QB in this year's draft. That's laudable, not a fireable offense. But maybe I'm just missing something.

Whatever metric or expectation that was in place for Chud was probably reasonable given that roster. The Jags game was brutal.

I guess the question is who was responsible for firing Chud? Was it Haslam, or Banbardi?

jakncoke

Banned
Wasnt there reports of Lombardi being super pissed that Brian Hoyer was throwing to udfa wrs in training camp/preseason and wanted him to start from the get go or something

cdyhybrid

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 3m
Moving on from Clemons, Rice and Miller will open up roughly $20 Million in cap space. Yes u bring in new guys, but Tate can stay. Easily.

DMczaf

You know that moment in Shawshank when the leader of the Sisters gets the shit beat out of him?

This is my moment.

Fuck you Kave!

I'm waiting to hear Kave_Man's thoughts on this. :)

:(

hello-darkness-gob-gif-wall-4.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
Q: Do you consider Joe Banner a good evaluator of football talent?
Farmer: I would characterize him as a non-traditional football guy.

Bottom line is Lombardo and Banner were awful, this is huge addition by subtraction. Ask anyone in the league what they thought of the two and you know they should have never even been employed.

Now they have the promising GM in Farmer to guide them through the most important Draft since the return.

ShaneB

I'm waiting for positive insight from Kas on Suh hiring Jay-z into his advisory group. A thing I did not really know existed, outside of an agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom