• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ11

Our DL had a heavy free agent presence this season, but everything else? Draft.

FS Earl Thomas - 1st round
SS Kam Chancellor - 5th round
CB Richard Sherman - 5th round
CB Byron Maxwell - 6th round
CB Walter Thurmond - 4th round
DE/LB Bruce Irvin - 1st round
LB Bobby Wagner - 2nd round
LB Malcom Smith - 7th round
LB K. J. Wright - 4th round
DE Red Bryant - 4th round
DT Brandon Mebane - 3rd round

I believe that there was some stupid article written in the past few days with the idea that the Seahawks were not built, primarily, via the draft. Think I saw it on Bills MB I visit, I immediately closed the thread once the first few posters agreed...

It's as home grown as you're going to get in today's NFL. Key FAs and trades completed the puzzle.

Talon

Right, Bennett and Avril were nice FA additions, but they were more like the cherry on top. Nobody should pretend that those are premier guys - there's a reason the market shriveled up for their services.

220475_article.jpg

PRIME! I said PRIME damnit!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Right, Bennett and Avril were nice FA additions, but they were more like the cherry on top. Nobody should pretend that those are premier guys - there's a reason the market shriveled up for their services.
Actually, as a skilled interior pass rusher who is also good in run defense Bennett is a scarce commodity. Sometimes people don't have a market because where they fit is so specialized. Chris Clemons had a rough time before becoming a natural LEO end in our defense.

We're probably going to hold onto him.

Talon

Actually, as a skilled interior pass rusher who is also good in run defense Bennett is a scarce commodity.

We're probably going to hold onto him.
Which doesn't contradict my statement at all. Trust me, he played in my division for four years; I'm familiar with him. He's not a guy that will get you double digit sacks year-after-year, i.e. the definition of a premier pass rusher.

Talon

Fair enough, but Kas also assured me that Avril sucked. ;)
:kas was probably just thinking of Avril in the context of starting all 16 games, when in reality he probably played about 40% of snaps for y'all this year and was effective in that context.

SyNapSe

1. So.. fire your coach after one season.
2. Hire a new coach.
3. A couple of weeks later turn around and fire two of the people likely involved in identifying and interviewing the new coach.
4. Profit?????

I bet Mike Pettine has a sinking feeling in his gut right now.

jakncoke

Banned
Holy shit Browns are so lol.

Also, hope Porter can make a meaningful impact. Going to be strange seeing him roam the sidelines again as a coach

LJ11

Come back Mike!

Unreal man. It's hard to feel sorry for another fanbase when you're a Bills fan, but at this point you can't help but feel sad for the Cleveland fans.

Lombardi seems like a fool anyway so it's a positive, but the disarray can't be good.

jakncoke

Banned
Browns fans that I worked with and heard on the radio really thought Haslam would turn the team into something better. But in his short time he's been apart of a massive scandal and made the franchise even more of a turd.

Furyous

WAIT, WHAT?

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT: We fire a coach, hire a new one, bring in an assistant GM, only to reverse course later and fire the front office personnel..

No organization succeeds by firing personnel so frequently. This guarantees a two win season. We might as well take trade offers for Joe (both of them ) because they'll want out at some point. They fired these guys yesterday but waited to this morning to announce the decision. WE MAD. I'm Angry Joe post Xbox-One-reveal mad. I'm as mad as that racist Washington team's announcer post Mike Vick's record setting MNF game MAD. Did we legalize weed? Can we legalize it? I need something to dim the pain that's not addictive. I think we all need to go on a spirit walk. I'm down for taking a sabbatical in Australia like Dirk and getting in touch with my inner me.

The new GM will want to hire new coaches which means more roster cuts. We need a hiring freeze on coaches, GMs, and team presidents for four years. Mike did a respectable job. Pilot Flying J has to smuggle drugs because there's no way they have this much money. Our owner deserves a lifetime achievement award from coaches associations around the country for giving them so much money.

The AFC North isn't an easy division. Browns fans don't deserve such ineptitude from ownership. I can't wait for the press conference. Cleveland media will give our owner that work. Our owner is on some Aizen shit. You think things are complete shit and it can't get any worse as you lay there broken... Until this dude turns into a fucking killer butterfly pokemon.

This is clearly an ownership issue and does not reflect the views and opinions of the franchise. No one in that building wants high turnover. Fans damn sure don't want it.

My only saving grace is CardsGAF. Arizona weather is better than the midwest right now anyway. It's serene and peaceful in CardsGAF. The Sun is shining, birds are chirping, hunters are hunting, and everyone is happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom