• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorschach

Your gonna make us lose NFL-GAF...

Then we shall rebuild. ...but who will lead us in this rebuilding process? Man, it's got to be someone with the know-how and the elbow grease to lead us to a new land. No, not me and FMT. We don't have the cognitive capacity to lea...aaalright, we'll do it!

We'll lead as Two Kings. We'll lead as two kings.

MC7pMRd.jpg

First decree: no more Roger Goodell. The tyranny and the bullshit's gone on too long. You old fucking shrivs who support him are banished from the land!

Nte7Tz8.jpg

The second decree: no more thread pollution, no more spamming, and (for FMT) more thread dumpage. From now on, we'll post on keyboard replicas of Jeff Garcia's chest!

We'll lead as Two Kings, oh yeah. We'll fucking lead as Two Kings.

TlPJjbE.jpg

Get the scientists working on that JGar technology. Each freckle must represent a key stroke. Chop-chop: let's go!

Third decree: no more two teamers and squickens. From now on, we'll all have one team... except if your dad is from Texas and you're from Nebraska, but your dog is from Cleveland and your mom is from New Mexico who was raised by your grandfather who once flew over New York...ummm, I dunno, I gotta think about that one...

We'll lead as Two Kings! Yeaaahahahhahahyeaaaargh ha-ha-ho-hee-ha-ha-ho-hee-hahahoho!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Then we shall rebuild. ...but who will lead us in this rebuilding process? Man, it's got to be someone with the know-how and the elbow grease to lead us to a new land. No, not me and FMT. We don't have the cognitive capacity to lea...aaalright, we'll do it!

MC7pMRd.jpg

First decree: no more Roger Goodell. The tyranny and the bullshit's gone on too long. You old fucking shrivs who support him are banished from the land!

Nte7Tz8.jpg

The second decree: no more thread pollution, no more spamming, and (for FMT) more thread dumpage. From now on, we'll post on keyboard replicas of Jeff Garcia's chest!

TlPJjbE.jpg

Get the scientists working on that JGar technology. Each freckle must represent a key stroke. Chop-chop: let's go!

Third decree: no more two teamers and squickens. From now on, we'll all have one team... except if your dad is from Texas and you're from Nebraska, but your dog is from Cleveland and your mom is from New Mexico who was raised by your grandfather who once flew over New York...ummm, I dunno, I gotta think about that one...

We'll lead as Two Kings! Yeaaahahahhahahyeaaaargh ha-ha-ho-hee-ha-ha-ho-hee-hahahoho!

aragorn-aragorn.jpg

MRSA

Banned

Tim+Tebow+Rain+Inset.jpg

Not the hero NFL-GAF needs; the hero NFL-GAF deserves.

MC7pMRd.jpg

Nte7Tz8.jpg

TlPJjbE.jpg

tumblr_mrmp8c6dfj1snw5l3o1_500.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Well, that NBA gaf thing was handled horribly by everyone involved.

Totally agree.

I've always loved GAF because how well moderated the discussion is here, because of the mods. But with the bannings that have been happening lately to good posters, who have a long history here, you're only going to discourage quality discussion because everyone is going to be afraid to post there opinion out of fear of being perma banned. I personally value my account and love the community. But when I see good posters like Ninja Scooter, dy_nasty, eznark, Frankman etc, get banned all in the same period, it's a troubling thing for the community as a whole, whether NFLGAF (bestGAF), NBAGAF, GAFHOP etc.

I think most long time posters have been banned at one point or another (including myself) and most bans are done for the right reason. They're done to promote good discussion/debate and help someone understand where they screwed up in the dialogue of there argument/tone of the argument. GAF has helped me more than anything else in terms of when I debate someone in a classroom, or a work environment, and I'm being dead serious.

I took a Philosophy 105 "Intro to Ethics" class and on the topic of Israel I stated my opinion bluntly, and this girl in the class interrupted me telling me to "shut up!". My instincts within milliseconds (so a Matthew Stafford pass) was to tell her to shut up back, but I did not respond and let her talk for about 30 seconds or so (Nick Foles going through his reads) and I dismantled her rebuttal with facts that can not be disputed. This was when I was 18, so about 8 years ago. My instinct to not tell her to shut up back, was because I spend so much time on GAF, and it really caused me to think before I say something for fear of the banhammer in real life (i.e. looking like an idiot).

The girl who told me to "shut up!" in my Intro to Ethics class actually ended up looking worse in the end, and the fact that I kept my cool (being 6'5 230 lbs or so) helped me in the end. Because of my size when she told me to "shut up" people thought I was going to become aggressive or something.

After the end of the class she apologized, and I apologized as well, and we actually became friends. Same thing happened between me and Angmarsking701 a few years back. We got into a heated football debate I think about Stafford, we both got pissed at each other, but actually became closer after whatever debate we had.

Anyways, I hope everything works out in the end because I really love this forum.

Let me end this post with the following statements:

1.) Matthew Stafford has (2011 season) and will prove himself to be an elite QB in the next decade.

2.) Ndamukong Suh is the best defensive lineman this league has seen since Reggie White.

3.) The Lions will either draft Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans with the #10 pick because a viable #2 receiver is our biggest need. If Anthony Barr falls to #10 I think we take him.

4.) Matthew Stafford is not fat. Just because he doesn't have the tone or definition of a Calvin Johnson does not make him fat. On top of that he is a very good looking man who will be the face of our franchise and will eventually lead us to a Superbowl victory.

5.) Greg is the best poster from PackersGAF. That's not saying much but still he is a pretty solid poster for being so supportive of such a horrible franchise.

Totally agree.

I've always loved GAF because how well moderated the discussion is here, because of the mods. But with the bannings that have been happening lately to good posters, who have a long history here, you're only going to discourage quality discussion because everyone is going to be afraid to post there opinion out of fear of being perma banned. I personally value my account and love the community. But when I see good posters like Ninja Scooter, dy_nasty, eznark, Frankman etc, get banned all in the same period, it's a troubling thing for the community as a whole, whether NFLGAF (bestGAF), NBAGAF, GAFHOP etc.

I think most long time posters have been banned at one point or another (including myself) and most bans are done for the right reason. They're done to promote good discussion/debate and help someone understand where they screwed up in the dialogue of there argument/tone of the argument. GAF has helped me more than anything else in terms of when I debate someone in a classroom, or a work environment, and I'm being dead serious.

I took a Philosophy 105 "Intro to Ethics" class and on the topic of Israel I stated my opinion bluntly, and this girl in the class interrupted me telling me to "shut up!". My instincts within milliseconds (so a Matthew Stafford pass) was to tell her to shut up back, but I did not respond and let her talk for about 30 seconds or so (Nick Foles going through his reads) and I dismantled her rebuttal with facts that can not be disputed. This was when I was 18, so about 8 years ago. My instinct to not tell her to shut up back, was because I spend so much time on GAF, and it really caused me to think before I say something for fear of the banhammer in real life (i.e. looking like an idiot).

The girl who told me to "shut up!" in my Intro to Ethics class actually ended up looking worse in the end, and the fact that I kept my cool (being 6'5 230 lbs or so) helped me in the end. Because of my size when she told me to "shut up" people thought I was going to become aggressive or something.

After the end of the class she apologized, and I apologized as well, and we actually became friends. Same thing happened between me and Angmarsking701 a few years back. We got into a heated football debate I think about Stafford, we both got pissed at each other, but actually became closer after whatever debate we had.

Anyways, I hope everything works out in the end because I really love this forum.

1.) Matthew Stafford has (2011 season) and will prove himself to be an elite QB in the next decade.

2.) Ndamukong Suh is the best defensive lineman this league has seen since Reggie White.

3.) The Lions will either draft Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans with the #10 pick because a viable #2 receiver is our biggest need. If Anthony Barr falls to #10 I think we take him.

4.) Matthew Stafford is not fat. Just because he doesn't have the tone or definition of a Calvin Johnson does not make him fat. On top of that he is a very good looking man who will be the face of our franchise and will eventually lead us to a Superbowl victory.

1. did you bang that chick or not

2. matt stafford will never play in another playoff game

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
1. did you bang that chick or not

2. matt stafford will never play in another playoff game

1.) :jnc no because she actually had a boyfriend in the same class. I could tell he got a little nervous when she told me to shut up in the middle of the debate by his body language, but even though I'm a pretty big dude, I'm a nice guy unless something malicious is done to me, my family or the Detroit Lions. But like I said, everyone in the class actually became pretty close (there were only about 11 people or so). MSJC if you know what I mean FMT.

2.) He will in 2014, and if the Niners had the luxury of having an elite pocket passer like Stafford you guys would've won the last two Superbowls. But you're stuck with Kaep, a horrible QB, who can run for a first down here or there.

You guys have a great head coach though. But Coach Caldwell will prove to be the superior coach in the future.

Martin%2BMayhew%2BDetroit%2BLions%2BIntroduce%2BJim%2BOkTxMTyNYSel.jpg

Restore the Roar 2014.

1.) :jnc no because she actually had a boyfriend in the same class. I could tell he got a little nervous when she told me to shut up in the middle of the debate by his body language, but even though I'm a pretty big dude, I'm a nice guy unless something malicious is done to me, my family or the Detroit Lions. But like I said, everyone in the class actually became pretty close (there were only about 11 people or so). MSJC if you know what I mean FMT.

2.) He will in 2014, and if the Niners had the luxury of having an elite pocket passer like Stafford you guys would've won the last two Superbowls. But you're stuck with Kaep, a horrible QB, who can run for a first down here or there.

You guys have a great head coach though. But Coach Caldwell will prove to be the superior coach in the future.

Martin%2BMayhew%2BDetroit%2BLions%2BIntroduce%2BJim%2BOkTxMTyNYSel.jpg

Restore the Roar 2014.

how firm is caldwells handshake?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
how firm is caldwells handshake?

My dad taught me at a very young age having a firm handshake and looking another man in the eyes as you make the handshake is very important on first impressions, especially in business/professional settings.

I can't tell you if Caldwells' handshake is Jim Schwartz strong, but I can see in his eyes he is a man of determination and hard work:

14_Caldwell_news.jpg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
wow that nba disaster, came in here to see the reactions... hipefully we gef some sort of thread back, and it seems the bannings are mostly temp no?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Totally agree.

5.) Greg is the best poster from PackersGAF. That's not saying much but still he is a pretty solid poster for being so supportive of such a horrible franchise.

Great post.

But then you had to invoke the name of the Minister of Defense. Packers fans will be arriving shortly at your residence to bring you an ample supply of cheese, brats, and beer. We kill our enemies slowly through heart disease and obesity. As you can see, Stafford has been targeted.

Greg is the jakncoke of Packers GAF in that 98% of his posts are ":jnc". Outside that they have nothing in common except for being trapped in Ohio.

Never change, brother. This :kas-tastic post brought a tear to my eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom