• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
200_s.gif

idk i watched the trailer and im still curious why its so awesome.

It's good and entertaining and is visually cool, but I wouldn't rave about it as much as some people have. I think it starts a little slow and somewhat flat as far as jokes go (though Liam Neeson saves the beginning)...but it really picks up when Batman hits the screen.

Hello everyone. I hope everything is great in your lives. I hope that all your teams win all there games. I just wanted to let you all know that you are all unique snowflakes. Also we will crush Eastasia for sure!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
"Hey, let's draft a WR and a halfback to fit this system run by Peyton!"
"I quit"
"Daaaaang!"

Not to mention skipping on a qb, not trading up or down, missing on some free agents, etc etc
Haha, true, but the situation is already pretty bad for them.

jakncoke

Banned
Hello everyone. I hope everything is great in your lives. I hope that all your teams win all there games. I just wanted to let you all know that you are all unique snowflakes. Also we will crush Eastasia for sure!

lol cant wait for nick foles to crush your spirits by week 6

Tebow will fly down from the heavens and deliver us all to the promised land.
It would be wonderful if what ever we believe in, be it Tebow, Jesus, or a flying spaghetti monster, would carry us away so that we could all be the same and treat everyones posts the same no matter what the content of them may be.

squicken

Mike Tanier does not like Blake Bortles

What about Blake Bortles?

He's a pyrite statue of Blaine Gabbert.

Bortles probably won't throw at the combine. Is that a good idea?

It's a great idea. He probably should not throw at his pro day. The less Bortles throws, the better he looks.

Ouch! What's your beef with this guy?

No beef. He just has a terrible delivery. He over-strides on a lot of throws, with all of his weight starting on his back foot and then slowly -- slowly -- shifting to his right foot, which he places about half a stride farther in front of his body than he really should. On other throws, particularly when the pass rush is coming and he cannot step up, he practically falls backward when throwing. It's a mechanical mess.

Jay Cutler does the same things.

Bortles does not have Cutler's arm or legs, and Cutler's delivery is faster even when it is all bolloxed up. Bortles appears to be a bright decision maker and is a good athlete. I could see Bucs offensive coordinator Jeff Tedford looking at him and seeing the ultimate quarterback mechanics tinker toy. The "first pick overall" thing … well … Brady Quinn heard some "top pick" talk this time a few years ago.

PFF has roster projections based on talent for the 2014 season. For obvious reasons it doesn't account for possible draftees. (Link to other teams at the bottom)

Key:
- Player markers are colored per class on a five-step ‘Poor’ to ‘High Quality’ scale based on their overall performance and the league’s elite are marked separately in blue.
- Colored outlines suggest a potential change in class.
- Underlined players will be 30+ years old for the 2014 season.
- Red player names suggest injury risks.

Lineup-STL.png

Lineup-PIT.png

Lineup-NYG.png

Lineup-HOU.png

Lineup-BUF1.png

What I like about it is that it's an unbiased look at the quality of your team.

cajunator

Banned
PFF has roster projections based on talent for the 2014 season. For obvious reasons it doesn't account for possible draftees. (Link to other teams at the bottom)

Key:
- Player markers are colored per class on a five-step ‘Poor’ to ‘High Quality’ scale based on their overall performance and the league’s elite are marked separately in blue.
- Colored outlines suggest a potential change in class.
- Underlined players will be 30+ years old for the 2014 season.
- Red player names suggest injury risks.

Lineup-STL.png

Lineup-PIT.png

Lineup-NYG.png

Lineup-HOU.png

What I like about it is that it's an unbiased look at the quality of your team.

Is there a Saints one yet. There will be quite a few red and orange.

squicken

PFF has roster projections based on talent for the 2014 season. For obvious reasons it doesn't account for possible draftees.

Lineup-STL.png

Rams may start 5 different offensive linemen Week 1 2014 than started week 1 2013. It's almost impossible to even guess who those 5 might be, as at least 3 aren't even on the roster yet. Dahl, Wells and Finnegan are very likely cap cuts. I really don't even worry about he roster at this point. On defense, which is the stable side, they will have 3 new starters and possibly Clowney

Finally someone sees it.

I don't think he'll be good at all. Sam Bradford was more impressive coming out of college, and he wasn't all that impressive. Some team is going to reach for him and set their franchise back at least 3-4 years.

Bradford's career hasn't gone great, but he was a very highly regarded prospect. He would have been the first pick the year before he came out as well. Luck and the Mannings are the two best prospects since 98, but after that it's probably a tie w/Couch and Bradford

Rams may start 5 different offensive linemen Week 1 2014 than started week 1 2013. It's almost impossible to even guess who those 5 might be, as at least 3 aren't even on the roster yet. Dahl, Wells and Finnegan are very likely cap cuts. I really don't even worry about he roster at this point. On defense, which is the stable side, they will have 3 new starters and possibly Clowney

There are inaccuracies on the Steelers one too (I find it funny that PFF thinks Brian Arnfelt will make the team over Ziggy Hood for example). Again, best that can be done since nobody knows who will be cut and/or drafted.

edit: i'm going to keep an eye on this thing because I want to see the Patriots talent breakdowns. I have a theory about PFF...

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Hm. I don't know they quantify some of those players, but it's an interesting look at how some players may have performed against their peers. OC/DC has a lot to do with how individual players perform. A great player in the wrong scheme can't play to his potential.

squicken

There are inaccuracies on the Steelers one too (I find it funny that PFF thinks Brian Arnfelt will make the team over Ziggy Hood for example). Again, best that can be done since nobody knows who will be cut and/or drafted.

edit: i'm going to keep an eye on this thing because I want to see the Patriots talent breakdowns. I have a theory about PFF...

I find their grades pretty inaccurate. I subscribe for their game charting and for their FF content. Their stat based stuff is pretty good. I always cringe a bit when some writer has PFF grades as a justification or critique of a unit or player on a team

:jnc

Obviously.

I find their grades pretty inaccurate. I subscribe for their game charting and for their FF content. Their stat based stuff is pretty good. I always cringe a bit when some writer has PFF grades as a justification or critique of a unit or player on a team

Yeah, i'm not sold on PFF and i've made it known. They try too much to extrapolate individual performances without considering the team aspect. Football isn't baseball.

:jnc

Obviously.

You'd miss me if I left Dutch, admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom