• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Really don't get why you're mad. Seattle looks like they could go the distance in 2015 too.

sweet-chin-music-rumble-o.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hello all! I trust you gentlemen (and women) are having a fine Monday morning.

I am enjoying this lovely day since my employer saw it fit to give us all federal holidays off.

I hope all of your sports teams make sound football decisions in the coming months. It is a darn shame Green Bay didn't win the Super Bowl but those fine chaps from Seattle were clearly the best team as designated by the methods for determining such. Their coach is above reproach and so are there players.

I wish you all a wonderful day.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How does Jim Turner still have a job? Truly embarrassing for the Dolphins as an organization that he hasn't been fired yet.

Now now, we shouldn't wish unemployment on anyone! Mr. Turner may have children and a spouse to support. Maybe he just made some poor judgment calls?

Finally someone sees it.

I don't think he'll be good at all. Sam Bradford was more impressive coming out of college, and he wasn't all that impressive. Some team is going to reach for him and set their franchise back at least 3-4 years.

I've never gotten the hype for him. Very inconsistent and single read 90% of the time.

Lineup-OAK1.png

Oh yeah baby.

Only about 25% accurate tho, by the time FA and draft rolls around, should be drastically different.

I've never gotten the hype for him. Very inconsistent and single read 90% of the time.

Lineup-OAK1.png

Oh yeah baby.

Only about 25% accurate tho, by the time FA and draft rolls around, should be drastically different.

I'd like to see Brandian Ross walk, and our safeties will be Tyvon Branch, Usama Young, and Woodson.

but yeah, our depth chart should be drastically different after FA and The Draft

JABEE

Hello all! I trust you gentlemen (and women) are having a fine Monday morning.

I am enjoying this lovely day since my employer saw it fit to give us all federal holidays off.

I hope all of your sports teams make sound football decisions in the coming months. It is a darn shame Green Bay didn't win the Super Bowl but those fine chaps from Seattle were clearly the best team as designated by the methods for determining such. Their coach is above reproach and so are there players.

I wish you all a wonderful day.

Why Hello there.

I wish you a jolly good morning as well. I hope you are finding good times on today's President's holiday. It is always wonderful to see such high-minded citizens such as you inhabit these communities. You are a gentleman and a scholar. Never let the heat of competitive fervor get to you, me lad. It's all in good fun as long as Hawaiian Pizza is on the table and the tacos are hot.

Good day to you sir,

JABEE

Mack update

Would be very Brown-ish to let him walk. Come on Browns, don't let me down.

I'd like to see Brandian Ross walk, and our safeties will be Tyvon Branch, Usama Young, and Woodson.

but yeah, our depth chart should be drastically different after FA and The Draft

Yeah, I can't imagine Ross will still be on the roster, absolutely terrible. Not sure about Chuck either. I think we will take a look at Delmas, possibly Byrd and would also love to sign Verner off of the Titans, Him and Hayden would be a nice CB tandem.

manfestival

Lineup-TB.png

I gotta say that I can agree with this sentiment overall. Plenty of talent on the bucs and it is being wasted. We do have one of the more colorful teams it seems based off of others. Davin Joseph proved time and time again that he alone can cause our offensive line to collapse, Dashon Goldson is a waste of money with all of his penalties at crucial times(helmet to helmet , unnecessary roughness, and etc), and our defense is 3 shining stars. Adrian clayborn was beast before he got injured.

PFF has roster projections based on talent for the 2014 season. For obvious reasons it doesn't account for possible draftees. (Link to other teams at the bottom)

Key:
- Player markers are colored per class on a five-step ‘Poor’ to ‘High Quality’ scale based on their overall performance and the league’s elite are marked separately in blue.
- Colored outlines suggest a potential change in class.
- Underlined players will be 30+ years old for the 2014 season.
- Red player names suggest injury risks.

Lineup-PIT.png

What I like about it is that it's an unbiased look at the quality of your team.

Well, technically, all the offensive line names should be in red given recent years, and Troy and Woodley's too.

Would be very Brown-ish to let him walk. Come on Browns, don't let me down.

Yeah, I can't imagine Ross will still be on the roster, absolutely terrible. Not sure about Chuck either. I think we will take a look at Delmas, possibly Byrd and would also love to sign Verner off of the Titans, Him and Hayden would be a nice CB tandem.

RM said Woodson, Veldheer, Houston, and Jennings were all priority resignings, I'm hoping we get all of them back but we'll see.

Bread

Banned
really bad news guys

i'm still sick

someone send me some california burritos so i can enjoy one last thing before i die

Pretty interesting read, yeah.

No way in the hell thats our offensive line make-up when the year starts.:)

Same goes for linebacker. I'll end myself if that's our starting LB'ing corp again. We'll resign Beason. Williams/Paysinger will be around but we need new blood on outside. Kiwi will likely start at defensive end, yeah but they'll push for Demontre to take that role ASAP if he develops and we'll draft defensive somewhere in this draft.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Only have a few votes in so far, quick reminder in case you missed the last prison update, Batman's poisoning, and DM's continued harrassment:

NFL-GAF Prison part 13.

Also, it's become quite clear that most of the inmates are only really eating 1 meal a day, often skipping dinner. Wasting food is wasting money, so decision time once again! Voting time! This one's simple:

A - Keep the schedule at two meals a day, but reduce meal quantity and variety to cut costs.
B - Switch to one meal a day, increase meal quantity and variety to compensate.

WtbEYiv.png

Talon

happy birthday man!

HarveyBirdman-BearClap.gif

Happy Birthday man

Hapy Birthday Michael Jordan!

Oh, you too talon...
Happy Birthday, man! Screw Michael Jordan for trying to take YOUR day.
Thanks all.

It's Jim Brown's birthday today too. Quite good company

Happy Birthday!
Too much athleticism today. On the plus side, I'm neither a misogynist or compulsive gambler!

Do the Giants plan on keeping Beason?
I'd have to think, yes. As long as he doesn't expect anything on the level of his Carolina contract I'm guessing that deal gets done.

Offensive line wise, David Baas is likely cut. Chris Snee will also likely retire. Will Beatty is coming off of a broken leg and played miserably last year. The only lock on that line is Justin Pugh and there's no guarantee he's at right tackle moving forward. They could draft a T and slide him inside to take Snee's place at RG. Or maybe even move him to Center.

Should also mention that Charles James isn't starting at CB. Possibility he'll get a shot at the nickel if Hosely doesn't come along but there's a good chance the Giants will either resign McBride, draft a CB or sign an FA for the spot. My money is on McBride being resigned.

Happy birthday, Talon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom