• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depressing facts of the day.

The Chiefs last playoff win came in 1993

After Chiefs SB 4 win they are 3-13 in the playoffs

Two appearances and one victory. Still better than fourteen other teams!

Against a team that doesn't exist anymore....the Oilers.

We beat them so badly they up and quit!
Five years later.

I know the 50/50 challenge thread. What are the other ones?

There are the monthly reading threads, which are quite excellent, as well as the monthly book club thread.

What are you reading? (February 2014)
GAF Book Club (Feb 2014) - "Blindness" by José Saramago

There is plenty of bleed over into the 50/50 thread, though.

manfestival

8aA3l1j.gif

xnpcKQM.gif

pretty much how I feel about this news. I do love the current logo

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

jakncoke

Banned
Caring about breaking a franchise record for single season catches in year we missed the playoffs and nearly went .sub 500 for the 2nd year in a row for the first time in a decade is very :kas like. Antonio Brown should feel bad. His catches will come, records like that mean fuck all.

Dragon

Banned
Can't say I ever loved Bioshock but seeing Irrational Games get basically shut down has to be heartbreaking to their employees and fans.

Greg

I could recommend some to you sir!
my problem is that I like to combine listening to music with everything I do

reading a book to study while listening to music is easy, but it has to be completely quiet for me to read a book for enjoyment

Dragon

Banned
I wonder who will do the next Bioshock game? Infinite was a really good game, I was really excited to see what would come next.

2K is taking over the IP.

my problem is that I like to combine listening to music with everything I do

reading a book to study while listening to music is easy, but it has to be completely quiet for me to read a book for enjoyment

You have a longish commute? Listening to books in the car has made me stay sane with all the traffic I deal with every day.

Well I don't think they were gonna just let the IP die. I'm not attached to it though so there's no emotional angle to be pissed off at Take Two.

I am just surprised they cant get someone better then 2K to do it. Infinite was really good, sold great, and got tons of praise from fans and critics. Maybe 2K will do it justice but I really have my doubts.

squicken

Waiting for Volta myself, dunno if I can hold out until then with my GTX 570.

2016? That's a long time to wait

edit: haha yeah Milchjon tweeted that to me. Good stuff, though I still feel like there are people who view the movie as pop culture kitsch and not legit great cinema

Love Sony using the old Playstation logo in that trailer for The Order.

Irrational thing is a bummer but after Infinite I'm not surprised.

So begins his next streak as the longest analyst run in NFL history without injuries. No Bob Costas bullcrap here.

Nothing but love for Tony Gonzalez...the GOAT.

Heh:

$149 GTX 750 Ti unveiled; plays Titanfall better than Xbox One

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/14...-titanfall-better-than-xbox-one/1100-6417813/

NVIDIA cards are my favorites, but the naming conventions are idiotic. This card is significantly weaker than my aged 560Ti? What's the deal with that?

WanderingWind

Shannon Sharpe, Ditka, Winslow, and Bavaro were better.

Jesus no. Ditka gets props for revolutionizing the position but the rest weren't even close. Sharpe was a flash in the pan who had one of the best QBs throwing to him to augment his numbers, which still don't even come close to Gonzalez's with Matt Ryan and the cavalcade of fail that was the Chief's signal callers.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
They banned the guy who snitched too.

Looks like they want to just completely purge NBA-GAF from the face of the Earth and start over.

From the locked all star thread:

EviLore said:
No one on the mod team had a personal vendetta and no one acted unilaterally (except Blackace, who was acting on his own in opposition to try to protect his friends in that thread). Duckroll this and EviLore that is irrelevant, and going after anyone to try to convince them or thwart them is completely missing the point that NBA-GAF has collectively decided that there are no rules to follow and that the ToS is irrelevant, so the administration is coming down to address this and will continue to remove members of the community acting in this fashion.

If you don't like it, leave. The internet's a big place.

xnipx

Jesus no. Ditka gets props for revolutionizing the position but the rest weren't even close. Sharpe was a flash in the pan who had one of the best QBs throwing to him to augment his numbers, which still don't even come close to Gonzalez's with Matt Ryan and the cavalcade of fail that was the Chief's signal callers.

Shannon sharpe carried Trent dilfer to a Super Bowl. Tony couldn't even sniff it with Matty ice

Reading that tells me you know nothing about football.

Among Tony's Records:
First Tight End to reach 15,000 Receiving Yards
Career receiving yards for a tight end (15,127)
Career receptions for a tight end (1,325)
Career TD receptions for a tight end (111)
Most seasons with 1,000+ receiving yards by a tight end (4)
Most consecutive seasons with 70+ receptions (11) - 2003-2013
Most seasons with 70+ receptions (14) - 1999-2001, 2003-2013
Most consecutive seasons with 600+ yards receiving (16) - 1998-2013
Most consecutive starts by a tight end (120)
Most Pro Bowl selections (14)
Second most receptions in a career
Second most consecutive games with a reception (211)

All while being thrown at by crap tier QBs (Trent Green being the sole exception). Not even Elway could get Shannon Sharpe more than 62 TDs, barely over half of Tony's career total.

Feel free to post statistical comparisons with any of those other four and I'll be happy to point and laugh at you.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Among Tony's Records:

All while being thrown at by crap tier QBs (Trent Green being the sole exception). Not even Elway could get Shannon Sharpe more than 62 TDs, barely over half of Tony's career total.

Feel free to post statistical comparisons with any of those other four and I'll be happy to point and laugh at you.

whooooooooooosh

Dragon

Banned

I never saw three of those guys play (I assume you don't mean Winslow Jr ;)), but I think CBS picked the right TE.

Among Tony's Records:

As much as I hate this type of argument (Terry Bradshaw!!), the era has to account for something as well. Otherwise we'd be kicking shitty QBs like Joe Namath out of the HOF.

WanderingWind

Shannon sharpe carried Trent dilfer to a Super Bowl. Tony couldn't even sniff it with Matty ice

Man, dude, learn more about foosball. The offense on the Ravens was ancillary and Sharpe was in LT on the Jets status at that point. Did well and any team would've like to have him, but he carried the Ravens team none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom