• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mumei in an NFL thread just feels wrong

force.gif

Champions League matches are exclusively on FOX. Normally Fox Soccer Channel or FS1, but a match of that magnitude might just make it onto the regular FOX channel.

I dumped FSC when they lost the EPL deal and stopped broadcasting Argentine football. We do get Fox and FS1, so thanks for the heads up.

Props for calling it football.

Growing up, we always called them football and American football (for handegg), to distinguish them.

Called work, gonna go home early tonight, so that I can watch! Not a fan of either team, quite the opposite really, but should be a good game. Absolutly love Yaya Toure as a player, such a beast.

I don't care for either team, but I will watch any match featuring prominent Argentine guys. I'm watching for Kun Aguero, Messi, and Mascherano. Toure is awesome.

Too bad there won't be any stellar Adebayor trolling moments.

emmanuel-adebayor-_1480433c.jpg

This is mostly off-topic (lol) but Charlotte's hosting a preseason football match between Manchester City and Liverpool at BoA this summer.

It's the first step towards the Panthers being run out of town and North Carolina becoming an exclusively basketball/association football state.

rando14

Warren Sapp @WarrenSapp

New @TBBuccaneers helmet coming for 2014! Wait til you see this thing!! #Fire my G Gerald McCoy joins me live Thurs 8pmEST @NFLNetwork

IT'S HAPPENING DM!!

I hope the new logo is of Glennon's face

squicken

Do you get your money's worth from Insider? I don't have it but there seems to be a ton of clickbait articles.

I am a fan of Mike Sando's work. That's pretty much the only thing I make a point to read, but it does give you access to their draft stuff as well

I got something from Groupon a couple of years ago that gave me 3 years for like $24 if I took their magazine. I just throw it away

squicken

Not sure about how Insider is super positive? Maybe I am reading the wrong stuff. As far as the offseason, the NFL is such that as long as a team maintains its cap, it can have a very quick turnaround if it nails a couple of drafts and fills in the roster w/cost effective FAs. There's always hope b/c a team is only a GM/coach away from being a contender.

That's different than baseball where it takes years to build a farm system up, or basketball where it's all lottery luck

I wish I saw more of nfl-gaf in the reading threads!

Glad to help. Will keep an eye out moving forward, since I'm always looking for interesting football books.

I used to post more in reading threads, but just haven't lately. I'm probably reading a bit less these last few months. I plan on picking up some books again and finishing them up.

Hope you had a good weekend, guys. I am at last freed from Bravely Default's claws. If you want to cheese the game, AB link me since I maxed out every job.

NBA GAF strikes again? They never learn.

Offseason sucks! Can we at least fast forward to FA?

Dragon

Banned
And nothing of value was lost...

Charlotte's not bad. Although I got into an argument over the use of the word 'tranny' last week. I told the guy who used it, it's a slur, and he didn't like that too much. So yeah Charlotte's fine but you have to be okay either swallowing your tongue in certain situations or being honest with people. That guy hasn't talked to me since.

Antonio Brown says Ben scolded him for being selfish about records after the season.

AB was 3 catches away from breaking Hines Ward's single season catch record (112). He broke the franchise single season yardage record, set by Yancey Thigpen in 1997 (1,398).

I see where Ben's coming from, but I wanted Brown to break it. Haven't seen a Wide receiver that dynamic in a Steelers uniform in a long time.

I would have wanted Brown to break it if I was a Steelers fan too. I didn't watch all the Steelers games but can't think of an instance where the best wide receiver on your team wanting to catch more passes would be a bad thing.

Dragon

Banned
Beautiful day in Charlotte at least.

Yeah this week is a nice change from the snow and utter mess that was last week. Although I did get to go "redneck sledding" which involved tying a rope to the back of a pickup, taking a boogie board, and using it as a sled. Fun but hard for me!

Silkworm

Still no saints team analysis is on pft I see. Wonder if theyre accounting for all the cuts?

Yeah I still haven't seen anything though I haven't been scanning as close as you probably have. I hope Jimmy Graham doesn't get bent out of shape if (when) the Saints franchise tag him. Already has said he'd file a grievance if he's franchised as a tight end instead of a wide receiver (bah).

Syrinx

Antonio Brown says Ben scolded him for being selfish about records after the season.

AB was 3 catches away from breaking Hines Ward's single season catch record (112). He broke the franchise single season yardage record, set by Yancey Thigpen in 1997 (1,398).

I see where Ben's coming from, but I wanted Brown to break it. Haven't seen a Wide receiver that dynamic in a Steelers uniform in a long time.

I see where Ben is coming from too, but his bit about his son is hilarious. His son is what, barely 15 months old? He has no fucking clue what Brown or anybody else is doing on a football field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom