• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I just logged into Origin and I see that I have the TF beta available for DL.

I never got an email from EA, those motherfuckers.

EA opened the beta for everyone on Xbox1/PC. They just put it in your Origin account because you have one.

They stopped sending emails are far as I know because of this.

jakncoke

Banned
Converting base to bonus in late contract years is why Steelers have been in cap hell for 2-3 years. Its only semi intelligent if you think you have a SB ready team and will make a run the following year.

Dragon

Banned
No Netflix over here :-/

And I've watched every little nugget of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives that is on Youtube already...

I wonder if unblock-us or a similar service will work for you. It's 13 bucks monthly for me to have access to every Netflix region. It is against the Terms of Service though. You may want to check it out though.

Hello hello Order 1886

Next gen is here (at least graphically)

I'm glad RAD at least is working on an original IP. Being stuck with someone else's creation on PSP must have hurt their creative freedom a lot. Jury is still out on gameplay like you said.

brentech

man. shoveled last night at like 10:45 while it was just flurries. Wasnting expecting it to snow another 10 inches over night. come inside from the cold and I'm sweating it up. Hate the feeling.

i'm not made for that mexico heat i was just in the last week, but there has to be a happy medium out there. if only my wife would ever consider moving....

Dragon

Banned
LOL, holy shit owned:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=101236217#post101236217

Goddamn, every single word links to a different post.

That guy complains about EVERYTHING, not just Valve. As for mods, Stump is the one I'm most afraid of. Guy approaches everything more dispassionately than Opiate.

Guardians of the galaxy trailer today

You're just begging for a "where's the superhero alligator in this" aren't you?

GatorBrothers.PNG

Gonna miss City - Barca tonight because of work, any of you Yanks watching it?

I'll try. Very difficult to get football matches here (even games of that caliber).

The EPL became a notable exception with the new TV deal, but major international competitions are hit or miss. I'll check ESPN or ESPN2.

I'll try. Very difficult to get football matches here (even games of that caliber).

The EPL became a notable exception with the new TV deal, but major international competitions are hit or miss. I'll check ESPN or ESPN2.

Champions League matches are exclusively on FOX. Normally Fox Soccer Channel or FS1, but a match of that magnitude might just make it onto the regular FOX channel.

Mumei

Lol. Hey Mumei.

Hot damn, does every mod lurk NFL GAF?

Hey!

Well, I don't normally lurk this thread, no. Actually, I checked League of Denial out from the library on Sunday, and I got through about 90% of it yesterday. It's really engrossing, and I was thinking about asking for other good NFL-related non-fiction. I'd be less interested in the memoirs of individual players than in histories - even of particular teams or seasons - if that helps.

Hey!

Well, I don't normally lurk this thread, no. Actually, I checked League of Denial out from the library on Sunday, and I got through about 90% of it yesterday. It's really engrossing, and I was thinking about asking for other good NFL-related non-fiction. I'd be less interested in the memoirs of individual players than in histories - even of particular teams or seasons - if that helps.

Lol, Fair enough.

Here are two, that I enjoyed about the Raiders:

Better to Reign in Hell: Inside the Raiders Fan Empire

Badasses: The Legend of Snake, Foo, Dr. Death, and John Madden's Oakland Raiders

There are other Raider books, but these two are probably the best recent ones

Called work, gonna go home early tonight, so that I can watch! Not a fan of either team, quite the opposite really, but should be a good game. Absolutly love Yaya Toure as a player, such a beast.

NFL-GAF prison update later today.

WHOOOOOO!

Props for calling it football.

It's soccer.

That guy complains about EVERYTHING, not just Valve. As for mods, Stump is the one I'm most afraid of. Guy approaches everything more dispassionately than Opiate.

I gotta disagree. Stump just likes to compartmentalize everything. Opiate has made some posts where i've seriously had to question whether or not he's really a robot.

Crisco

Banned
I played the TF beta yesterday on PC. It's not a bad game, but I don't see myself buying it. 6v6 and all those AI bots just doesn't appeal to me. The graphics are pretty terrible too, basically PS3/360 game with better image quality. Not really a game where art style makes up for it either, it just looks dated.

ShaneB

Hey!

Hey mumei, Check out "America's Game". Basically a tome of history of the NFL. I read only a little bit of it, mainly because it did feel like reading a wiki entry at times, but maybe that's what your looking for?

Mumei

Lol, Fair enough.

Here are two, that I enjoyed about the Raiders:

Better to Reign in Hell: Inside the Raiders Fan Empire

Badasses: The Legend of Snake, Foo, Dr. Death, and John Madden's Oakland Raiders

There are other Raider books, but these two are probably the best recent ones

It's funny that you should suggest Raiders books to me; my dad's favorite team has always been the Oakland Raiders. I'll check them out; thanks for the suggestions.

I feel bad for Opiate. The whole him being a robot thing really seemed to bother him for a while. Maybe it still does.

He doesn't really like the robot thing, no.

Though he has made a few self-referential Terminator-related jokes.

Hey mumei, Check out "America's Game". Basically a tome of history of the NFL. I read only a little bit of it, mainly because it did feel like reading a wiki entry at times, but maybe that's what your looking for?

Oh, yes. This sounds perfect.

Hey!

Look up "missing rings" it's about the Minnesota Vikings in 98. They were one of the best teams in Sports history to not win a championship along with the 16-0 Patriots.

It's more heartbreaking though because the Vikings have a storied history of being good but fucking up at the worst moment.

Greg

Sounds cool.

Greg, you just made my morning e-mail checks much more epic sounding. Really like Wash. Makes me feel like I'm in a sci-fi action movie and electric billboards are streaming on all sides as downtrodden people in black leather pull their collars up to shield their net-ports from the freezing rain.
thanks for checking it out!

NFL-GAF prison update later today.
SHANK! SHANK! SHANK!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
They have 11 picks this year and basically red-shirted their entire 2013 draft class. They also have managed their cap pretty well, and I just have a suspicion they won't break the bank on Kap

Really excited to see what Lattimore can do. Gore seemed to run out of gas late in the season.

JCizzle

They have 11 picks this year and basically red-shirted their entire 2013 draft class. They also have managed their cap pretty well, and I just have a suspicion they won't break the bank on Kap

Yes please to not breaking the bank. Dude is saying all the right things so far this offseason, but I need to see more from him in terms of reading progressions next year. I'm a CK fan overall and hope he can take the next step!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom