• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to have an NFL GAF combine.

My measurables are off the charts. It's a shame that Al Davis passed (May Tebow's god rest his soul). With my 40 time, I would pretty much be a lock to get drafted and get that

smugrussell.gif
money.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kastrioti Scouting Report

+Has the natural instinctive ability of a defensive end
+Has size and speed that cannot be taught
+Solid pass rusher, even better against the run.
+Great teammate

-Has a history of getting into trouble and drug use.
-Tore left ankle ligament junior year in highschool, which he did not rehab properly so he could come back early as opposed to missing whole season

Pasadena Star News First Team All Defense
High School Defensive Lineman of the Year

High risk, high reward player. Would love playing for a 4-3 team.

Greg

We need to have an NFL GAF combine.

greg can show off his vert.
yes!

+Great teammate

-Tore left ankle ligament junior year in highschool, which he did not rehab properly so he could come back early as opposed to missing whole season

my report from scouts:

+speed
+jumping ability
+won't shit in your mouth

-fragile
-refuses to wear beats headphones
-smiles too much
-white

+Great teammate

Don't forget scored a 6 on the wonderlic.

I've decided to not participate in any Drills at the NFL Gaf Combine, or interviews. but if you don't draft me it'll be the biggest mistake your franchise makes.

Washington Redskins signed DeAngelo Hall to a 4 year contract averaging around $5 million per year.

If Hall is earning $5 million a year, it'll be a bit frightening to learn what Aqib Talib is asking for, although I'm happy to see the Redskins commit to Hall because they wanted Talib badly last offseason.

Pretty standard for a vet CB. I'd expect Talib and Verner to get around 8-10 mil.

squicken

What does it matter? Fisher will draft punks and they will still have Brian Schottenheimer as their oc.

The new plan is to give up on offense and hope Quinn gets two or three strip sacks a game. But yes, Schotty. It's the main reason I laugh at people who want to draft a new QB. You gonna but Schotty in charge of nurturing the team's future? Or using Manziel creatively, just like with Tavon?

squicken

Do teams even use Jimmy Johnson's value chart anymore? I assumed teams use a chart that is similar to the Harvard Chart.

When the Rams made their two trades last year, it was closer to the JJ chart than the newer charts. But it always depends on the pick. Last year's 2nd pick wasn't as valuable as the 2nd pick in 2012 or this year. If the Texans draft a Teddy and the Rams are auctioning the rights to Clowney or Manziel, they are going to get a lot more than the Harvard chart

LJ11

Uhhhh I would think that would be kind of terrible. They reached for EJ last(?) year, why not try and get a sure thing like Bridgwater (if they can). One of the two will fall a little, but if its Manziel, dunno why Buffalo would take him. Too similar to EJ (not a certified pocket passer, mobile, etc) for them to just hit the reset button on him.

Not similar at all actually, EJ is a poor runner with shit instincints, plays scared, loves the check down.

Can't label Manziel with any of those traits.

Mumei

Look up "missing rings" it's about the Minnesota Vikings in 98. They were one of the best teams in Sports history to not win a championship along with the 16-0 Patriots.

It's more heartbreaking though because the Vikings have a storied history of being good but fucking up at the worst moment.

Is this a documentary or a book? I ask because I've found a documentary with a similar name mentioned on the NFL website, but I haven't seen a book.

I wish I saw more of nfl-gaf in the reading threads!

Indeed.

I actually am surprised I never thought you were part of NFL-GAF, though. It is rather obvious in retrospect.

Also, if Mumei is still here, the documentary "The Band that Wouldn't Die", which is a part of the ESPN 30 for 30 Series, is great. It's about the drama surrounding the Baltimore Colts move to Indianapolis, and how their marching band stayed in Baltimore and marched without a team until football came back. I'm about to cry just thinking about it.....so touching.

I live in Indianapolis, actually. I've never been the biggest fan of the Colts; I'm pretty sure their cosmically ordained role is to slowly teach their fans the futility of hope, by raising it up each regular season only to have it come crashing down in the playoffs.

Anyway! It sounds like it could be interesting, and I'll check it out.

rando14

rando14 scouting report:

+ Cool dude
+ Great guy
+ Can bench press over 1.5x his body weight!
+ Fantastic guy
+ Elite-tier limbo skills

- Diva
- Loves Taco Bell
- Friendly
- Can't play any football position

Doomsayer

Doomsayers' scouting report:

+High Motor
+Energy and effort player
+Well spoken
+Creative touchdown dances