• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Indeed.

I actually am surprised I never thought you were part of NFL-GAF, though. It is rather obvious in retrospect.

=) Casual football fan for years really, but still a new guy in terms of NFL-GAF I suppose, but I like to think I've fit in nice!

I sent you the recommendation for America's Game on Goodreads. I think I might dive back into it now with the offseason.

Also echoing checking out the 30s for 30s that are out for Football, all really good stuff mostly. Here's the link for the PBS League of Denial special that aired. Wondering if I need to read the book after watching that. I'm sure there's lots of additional insight.

PBS Frontline: League of Denial

Rorschach

=) Casual football fan for years really, but still a new guy in terms of NFL-GAF I suppose, but I like to think I've fit in nice!

I sent you the recommendation for America's Game on Goodreads. I think I might dive back into it now with the offseason.

Also echoing checking out the 30s for 30s that are out for Football, all really good stuff mostly. Here's the link for the PBS League of Denial special that aired. Wondering if I need to read the book after watching that. I'm sure there's lots of additional insight.

PBS Frontline: League of Denial

Didn't know this was online. Thanks! Mumei's visit pays dividends!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm going to go Al Bundy on you guys, but Pasadena Star News and High School Defensive lineman of the year was true. So was everything else.

+Also did not include: always kept contain and never let a QB or RB outside of me.

If we are to build a NFLGAF team through the combine we need to start with a QB. Teams are built with a QB, then the positions that affect the QB the most; Offensive Tackle, Defensive End.

I may have past character concerns but my talent in undeniable. Maybe like Nick Fairley I fall to someone at #12 or so?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
+6'3" 250lbs
+Smart
+Unstoppable when motivated

-Not very motivated
-Ginger
-White
-Can't jump
-Can't dance
-Uses a credit card everywhere

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Can anyone throw a goddamn football? I don't care if you're white or black we need to build a team around a QB.

squicken should be our QB. I'd trust him going into battle as the leader of our team.

WedgeX

Banned
I am completely fine with having joined Greg's prison gang. I just hope I don't get choked to death by my uncle's best friend's hire goon.

I'll be the versatile do it all playmaker for the team ala Percy Harvin.

But I won't lie, I'll be a bit a diva. For example, I plan on holding out of training camp.

Artful Dodger Scouting Report:

*Elusive
*Lots of "Intangibles"
*Studies Film
*Wears Beats Headphones
*Watches True Detective

*Mexican (It's common Knowledge Mexicans typically don't do well in the NFL)
*Talks alotta trash
*Won't take of Beat headphones
*Character Issues (Stemming from his Raiders and probably Mexican, background)

Slo

Slo's scouting report.

+ Good motor.
+ Experienced leader.
+ Looks great in khakis
+ 4 years of remaining NCAA eligibility

- 40 time roughly 3x current blood alcohol level.
- CROSSFIT
- talent

squicken

It does kind of read like Packers fan fiction. Minnesota getting Herschel Walker'd again basically.

It's why the JJ chart is broken. It way over-values top picks and under-values later round picks. I do wonder if they could get both 1s from CLE, though. I can't figure out HOU. They went with Mario in 2006 but at the time they had Carr. They have no QB in-house unless they sign Cassell, and oddly, I don't think they can afford him

Konka

Banned
Slo's scouting report.

+ Good motor.
+ Experienced leader.
+ Looks great in khakis
+ 4 years of remaining NCAA eligibility

- 40 time roughly 3x current blood alcohol level.
- CROSSFIT
- talent

+ Knows how to take advantage when defenses is down.

It's why the JJ chart is broken. It way over-values top picks and under-values later round picks. I do wonder if they could get both 1s from CLE, though. I can't figure out HOU. They went with Mario in 2006 but at the time they had Carr. They have no QB in-house unless they sign Cassell, and oddly, I don't think they can afford him
Maybe it's just me but I believe Cleveland could move up to 2 without giving up the 2nd 1st. Also you gotta think at some point we'll trade up in the draft. I believe we have 10 picks, hard to believe we'll make all those picks.

+ Knows how to take advantage when defenses is down.
:jnc

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Can we agree that Clowney has the most raw talent? I know we can talk about character issues but I wonder how he'd want to improve trying to outdo JJ Watt.

I feel sorry for people that wear Beats. It's like they're proudly displaying the fact they don't know how to Google.

I'm a huge Sennheiser fan personally. Seems to be the best bang for the buck.

squicken

Maybe it's just me but I believe Cleveland could move up to 2 without giving up the 2nd 1st. Also you gotta think at some point we'll trade up in the draft. I believe we have 10 picks, hard to believe we'll make all those picks.

It all depends on how the QBs get graded, and who is willing to wait on getting their QB. I think Clowney, Robinson and Watkins are the clear top 3 non-QBs. I just have a hard time thinking that JAX or HOU is going to roll into next year with a Chad Henne tier starting QB

Dragon

Banned

Sennheiser is great for sure. I needed a pair of bluetooth in-ear headphones and I haven't had really one complaint about my jaybirds. Battery life is great at 8 hours and it drowned out the train noise and people while I was in NYC.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wtf is this, Matrix you're drunk. Is it cause of the Aggie thing or you just don't like him/his play. Teddy is good, but he doesn't ever look like he has the potential to be great. His bad games looked almost Geno in college bad: a few pics, some TDs when it didnt matter, not too mobile. Johnny's bad games were like Matt Schaub had a good day type games.

Getting Rondo means Harden can't ball dominate since Rondo will be orchestrating everything since he isn't a spot up shooter. Les already said Parsons will get paid by us.

I'm so drunk in Aggie hate, more than anything (blame Kubes). Unless Johnny was the second coming (which he's not) I could care less and would rather take Teddy. Johnny football thinks he's gonna come in and win it all his rookie year or the whole he's gonna make the Texans pay for passing on him (that he's already got himself as like Gata's starting QB). He needs to shut his mouth. Reminds me of cocky Vince Young in the aspect of saying stupid shit.

As for the Rockets, how do we pay Parsons if we include him in a trade for Rondo? Parsons just takes one for the team this year and gets traded to Boston and then resigns with us.... which couldn't happen cause we wouldn't be able to afford Parsons at the level he's playing at and with certain contracts that would still be on the team. He's only getting better. Like I said this rumor better be bs (it scares me cause the insider knew Howard shit and cause Morey sometimes does bat shit crazy stuff) and like you said Les even came out and said he's part of the long term future and he will get payed.

I'm all for trading a combo like Asik/Bev/and a pick at this point for Rondo, but not for my boy Chandler Bang.

Rorschach

You would have seen it was online if you looked at the thread about it! ;)

Listen, buddy: if it's not on the front page in one of the rare times I actually look at it, or in one of the two threads I skim through, it's not getting through to me. :[

I find out a lot of stuff late... like I just found out Strider is out, but DotA, work, and my backlog are going to keep me from it.
I do have time for this documentary, though! Halfway through.

LJ11

Can we agree that Clowney has the most raw talent? I know we can talk about character issues but I wonder how he'd want to improve trying to outdo JJ Watt.

On most teams, Clowney walks in and he's the best player on DL, on the Texans he's second best. He'll get scrutinized regardless, but Watt will be the measuring stick, his own teammate. Interesting dynamic for sure. Watts a good teammate too, but you never know how a player will take comparisons to his own teammate. "Why are you not JJ?"

He's a force though, the guy will wreck games no doubt, especially if he lands on the texans. Athletes feed off of competition, think the same will hold true with Clowney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom