• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vire banned in 3, 2, 1...

First they came for the Gaming side trolls, and I did not speak out--
Because I was not in that crowd.

Then they came for the NBA-GAF, and I did not speak out--
Because I was not in their inner circle.

Then they came for the entire Community side, and I did not speak out--
Because I was afraid.

Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me.

First they came for the Gaming side trolls, and I did not speak out--
Because I was not in that crowd.

Then they came for the NBA-GAF, and I did not speak out--
Because I was not in their inner circle.

Then they came for the entire Community side, and I did not speak out--
Because I was not afraid.

Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me.

If you get banned for this, I'll say some nice words at your Wake.

jakncoke

Banned
In 2 years most the regulars of today will be permed, I guess it'll be another cycle. Not that different than most of the 04/05 crowd exiting sports threads for whatever reason

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
In 2 years most the regulars of today will be permed, I guess it'll be another cycle. Not that different than most of the 04/05 crowd exiting sports threads for whatever reason

It'll just be jakncoke with his bottle of rum someday...

image.php

squicken

Chris Weinke knows what Bill O'Brien wants: Teddy Bridgewater

Shawn Watson, the former Louisville offensive coordinator and current assistant head coach at Texas, shows highlights of Bridgewater as a training tool for Longhorns quarterbacks.

So who'll go No. 1 — Johnny Football or Pro-Ready Teddy? It seems a search as much about finding a franchise's conscience as its face.

"I've been asked by general managers or heads of scouting, 'What trait does Teddy have that warrants him being the face of the franchise?'" Watson said. "His character enables him to realize his talent.

"We're all looking for that franchise face," Watson added. "We want him to have that work ethic, character and be the example of what you want the spirit of your team to be.

"Teddy is that guy."

On most teams, Clowney walks in and he's the best player on DL, on the Texans he's second best. He'll get scrutinized regardless, but Watt will be the measuring stick, his own teammate. Interesting dynamic for sure. Watts a good teammate too, but you never know how a player will take comparisons to his own teammate. "Why are you not JJ?"

He's a force though, the guy will wreck games no doubt, especially if he lands on the texans. Athletes feed off of competition, think the same will hold true with Clowney.

Good. Put him on the Giants and let and JPP hash it out.

Not going to happen of course...

Konka

Banned
You could get drunk anywhere :p. I'm sure it'll be a blast though. I met some people through a bar crawl. You know what your plans are yet?

A friend of mine is starting a new job there and moving out tomorrow so we're gonna hit up the town in 3 weeks. Basically giving me an excuse to go to NYC and drink. Taking the amtrak for the firs time.

JABEE

It's like being a fighter pilot. You can only survive so many flights. Eventually, you have to give it up before it consumes you.

Konka

Banned
I don't know why everyone sees a London team as a problem. Here's how I envision it.

London team has their training camp in their US HQ in Jacksonville and plays their preseason games in the US. They then play 4 games in the US, 4 games at home, 4 games in the US and 4 games at home. There are already 3 London games next year requiring 6 teams to travel to London and a London team would only require 2 more teams to go there.

I don't know why everyone sees a London team as a problem. Here's how I envision it.

London team has their training camp in their US HQ in Jacksonville and plays their preseason games in the US. They then play 4 games in the US, 4 games at home, 4 games in the US and 4 games at home. There are already 3 London games next year requiring 6 teams to travel to London and a London team would only require 2 more teams to go there.

Every team going to London has a bye the next week. How would that work out?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Thread Locked.

I had this posted, but the thread was locked before I got the chance.

NBAGAF and NFLGAF reflect the sports and there fans/players.

When you play a game of pickup backetball with people you don't know, or friends from high school, there is some quick trashtalking, but it usually doesn't turn into anything personal. I rarely post in NBAGAF, but I browse it a lot, and the way posters communicate is the same way NBA players communicate, or street games are played. Like I said a lot of quick trash talk nothing personal.

During gameday as we all know, NFL and football fans are probably the most hardcore, and we'll talk trash, especially gameday and the days leading up to it. We also have our trashtalk, but then we have a long offseason filled with combines, draft, free agency, how much weight your QB has lost/gained. So like a high school/college/NFL locker room you have all that time to train, gossip about rivals teams, find out who is transferring or getting arrested. Its a long offseason, but one I've personally grown to like.

The OP in that thread mentioned how BlackAce had a "laissez-faire" attitude toward moderating NBAGAF, and while I agree with that, thats because the trash talk in that thread reflects basketball fans and players in general. There is a ton of trash talk during pickup games and NBAGAF in an extension of that. Same with how NFLGAF acts at times during game week, or during the offseason.

This is just my opinion, but I think Wes was chosen because a.) he is a good poster and has been here for a long time and b.) because NFLGAF needed a moderator for a long while and who better than a Browns fan? Hitokage used to be our mod, and understands NFLGAFs culture, and Blackace was in here occasionally but really focused his modding time more on GAFHOP and NBAAGE.

We all know there are a ton of strong communities on GAF, and usually there are specific mods who hang out with the regulars and post amongst us. Thats why GAF as a whole is such a great message board, because it has such tightly knit communities, with great moderation, and its been that way since I've been lurking and posting 2003-2006.

I learned from a brief banning from Amir0x back in 2007 during the election that calling out a mod is never a good idea. You just don't do that. If you have a problem with a specific mod, or any problems, just send them a PM and they'll be more than reasonable. Even after my first banning in 2007 for something I said in PoliGAF I don't even remember what it was about, I PMed Ami afterwards and explained my frustration about the banning and he explained why I was banned.

Anyway, I guess the point of this post is that the cultures of certain sport threads or music threads are very much exactly the culture in real life. So they should be modded as such, and have been up to this recent drama. I'm sure everything will work out in the end though, it always does on GAF. The community has stayed strong for a reason.

Onto football discussion I'm starting to think both Manziel and Mike Evans could be the real deal. Especially Manziel. Manziel reminds me a lot of RGIII, in the way they play out of the pocket, with maybe as much of the primadona factor and the injury factor. The only difference being Manziel didn't have a horrible injury in college like RGIII did so maybe he will have a longer shelf life. If Sammy Watkins or Anthony Barr are gone when the Lions draft at #10, Mike Evans is a must.

I don't give a damn what Marquiss Lee does in the combine, he's another USC WR. No thank you.

Greg

I got around to listening to your two songs.
I really liked Wash, I think WW said it earlier, it really made me feel like I was in a sci fi movie haha
Good job having it in FLAC too!
Thanks man!

And yeah, I wish the music world cared about sound quality more considering internet speeds and storage sizes these days.

I spend all this time getting things to sound as good as I can while recording in 24-bit... but then I have to export it at 16-bit so that it can be uploaded to sites that encode it for some sub-128kbps stream. And I'm still learning the mastering side of things, so those low bitrate streams crush my high end. Sucks to know that's how most people hear it.

When you play a game of pickup backetball with people you don't know, or friends from high school, there is some quick trashtalking, but it usually doesn't turn into anything personal. I rarely post in NBAGAF, but I browse it a lot, and the way posters communicate is the same way NBA players communicate, or street games are played. Like I said a lot of quick trash talk nothing personal.

During gameday as we all know, NFL and football fans are probably the most hardcore, and we'll talk trash, especially gameday and the days leading up to it. We also have our trashtalk, but then we have a long offseason filled with combines, draft, free agency, how much weight your QB has lost/gained. So like a high school/college/NFL locker room you have all that time to train, gossip about rivals teams, find out who is transferring or getting arrested. Its a long offseason, but one I've personally grown to like.

The OP in that thread mentioned how BlackAce had a "laissez-faire" attitude toward moderating NBAGAF, and while I agree with that, thats because the trash talk in that thread reflects basketball fans and players in general. There is a ton of trash talk during pickup games and NBAGAF in an extension of that. Same with how NFLGAF acts at times during game week, or during the offseason.

This is just my opinion, but I think Wes was chosen because a.) he is a good poster and has been here for a long time and b.) because NFLGAF needed a moderator for a long while and who better than a Browns fan? Hitokage used to be our mod, and understands NFLGAFs culture, and Blackace was in here occasionally but really focused his modding time more on GAFHOP and NBAAGE.

We all know there are a ton of strong communities on GAF, and usually there are specific mods who hang out with the regulars and post amongst us. Thats why GAF as a whole is such a great message board, because it has such tightly knit communities, with great moderation, and its been that way since I've been lurking and posting 2003-2006.

I learned from a brief banning from Amir0x back in 2007 during the election that calling out a mod is never a good idea. You just don't do that. If you have a problem with a specific mod, or any problems, just send them a PM and they'll be more than reasonable. Even after my first banning in 2007 for something I said in PoliGAF I don't even remember what it was about, I PMed Ami afterwards and explained my frustration about the banning and he explained why I was banned.

Anyway, I guess the point of this post is that the cultures of certain sport threads or music threads are very much exactly the culture in real life. So they should be modded as such, and have been up to this recent drama. I'm sure everything will work out in the end though, it always does on GAF. The community has stayed strong for a reason.

Onto football discussion I'm starting to think both Manziel and Mike Evans could be the real deal. Especially Manziel. Manziel reminds me a lot of RGIII, in the way they play out of the pocket, with maybe as much of the primadona factor and the injury factor. The only difference being Manziel didn't have a horrible injury in college like RGIII did so maybe he will have a longer shelf life. If Sammy Watkins or Anthony Barr are gone when the Lions draft at #10, Mike Evans is a must.

I don't give a damn what Marquiss Lee does in the combine, he's another USC WR. No thank you.
someone help me find Stafford in this post

SOMEONE HELP ME

Konka

Banned

During gameday as we all know, NFL and football fans are probably the most hardcore, and we'll talk trash, especially gameday and the days leading up to it. We also have our trashtalk, but then we have a long offseasonfilled with combines, draft, free agency, how much weight your QB has lost/gained. So like a high school/college/NFL locker room you have all that time to train, gossip about rivals teams, find out who is transferring or getting arrested. Its a long offseason, but one I've personally grown to like.

Thanks man!

And yeah, I wish the music world cared about sound quality more considering internet speeds and storage sizes these days.

I spend all this time getting things to sound as good as I can while recording in 24-bit... but then I have to export it at 16-bit so that it can be uploaded to sites that encode it for some sub-128kbps stream. And I'm still learning the mastering side of things, so those low bitrate streams crush my high end. Sucks to know that's how most people hear it.

SOMEONE HELP ME

Boom.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

SOMEONE HELP ME

" but then we have a long offseason filled with combines, draft, free agency, how much weight your QB has lost/gained."

I don't know if you remember, but last offseason Greg, I told you I was trying to follow the Stafford Offseason Training" program. I failed miserably to obtain the chiseled pecs, shoulders, and arm of lighting throwing Zues/Stafford. My own lazy ass fault and now I'm at 6'5, 245 lbs of mostly fat. There is a cute Albanian girl moving to L.A. from Michigan in the next month or so, her family is trying to introduce me to and I'm staying at a motel during the week and home on the weekends due to work. So my Stafford Offseason Training for the next two months will mainly a variety of pushups, squats+wall sitting and the ab-roller which is a hell of a simple machine when it comes to working your core.

Greg

" but then we have a long offseason filled with combines, draft, free agency, how much weight your QB has lost/gained."

I don't know if you remember, but last offseason Greg, I told you I was trying to follow the Stafford Offseason Training" program. I failed miserably to obtain the chiseled pecs, shoulders, and arm of lighting throwing Zues/Stafford. My own lazy ass fault and now I'm at 6'5, 245 lbs of mostly fat. There is a cute Albanian girl moving to L.A. from Michigan in the next month or so, her family is trying to introduce me to and I'm staying at a motel during the week and home on the weekends due to work. So my Stafford Offseason Training for the next two months will mainly a variety of pushups, squats+wall sitting and the ab-roller which is a hell of a simple machine when it comes to working your core.
don't forget your daily gravy bath!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Matthew Stafford really brings this community together.

648X444_Elijah3.ashx

rodgersisadouche.jpg

Unlike Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford takes time out of his busy schedule to help with those less fortunate than him and actually attends numerous fundraisers during the offseason to help the city of Detroit.

Then again Aaron Rodgers plays for an organization that from Head Coach down, coaches its players to intentionally hurt Detroit Lion defensive lineman so it should not come as much of a surprise.

648X444_Elijah3.ashx

rodgersisadouche.jpg

Unlike Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford takes time out of his busy schedule to help with those less fortunate than him and actually attends numerous fundraisers during the offseason to help the city of Detroit.

Then again Aaron Rodgers plays for an organization that from Head Coach down, coaches its players to intentionally hurt Detroit Lion defensive lineman so it should not come as much of a surprise.

they're both losers compared to my main man kap!

5ea9c2e49f26f3064b0f6a7067002ef5.jpg

read the shirt you dumbass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

1622001_10151928512448372_511098535_n.jpg

hard at work already on next years playbook!

cartoon-network-colin-kaepernick-and-cam-newton-jpeg-0de06.jpg

swag

469624579.jpg

shortly after this photo kap knocked this little motherfucker out for giving him a thumbs down!

tumblr_mi2u7hIIHH1r53oo6o1_500.jpg

kap got a pre-award show BJ from this vixen

so you see, kap is the TRUE qb to aspire to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom