• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to think I used to like cats....ugh

Also the fight scenes in Pacific Rim were awesome, everything else sucked.

The fights weren't even that great..."Dark, dark, dark, we need it darker! Make it rain, put them under water, it's not dark enough!" The movie blows on every level imaginable....terrible casting, shit acting, brain dead story, cheesy dialogue, not enough action and boring ass monster designs.

squicken

He is still great and he would be a massive upgrade over cooper or Maclin. Eagles would still need a big WR but there is no way to get one of those outside of pure luck.

I know Cooper is a bum, but as a football player I think people underestimate his skills. If he didn't have the racist comment in his past, he'd be getting at least Amendola money this year imo

Narag

The fights weren't even that great..."Dark, dark, dark, we need it darker! Make it rain, put them under water, it's not dark enough!" The movie blows on every level imaginable....terrible casting, shit acting, brain dead story, cheesy dialogue, not enough action and boring ass monster designs.

Couldn't make heads or tails of some action due to how dark it was when I was at the theater. BD quality helped in this regard.

Scuttlebutt seems to be that Ross gives no fucks about 2014 and will go hard after Harbaugh for 2015. It's why he won't fire Philbin and it was so hard to find a GM. Everyone is a lame duck.

RIP Tannehill

Yeah that's what I figured, fucken waste of time because I don't Harbaugh is leaving the 9ers anytime soon, especially for pathetic joke the dolphins have become.

Poor Tannehill, he was supposed to be the chosen one :(

Couldn't make heads or tails of some action due to how dark it was when I was at the theater. BD quality helped in this regard.

Yeah I watched it on my TV at home so I adjusted it because yeah it was way to dark. But I liked the action scene, still not enough to make it a even a decent movie. It just sucked.

Well to be fair it makes sense, I mean Pats close to that border over there and besides pats who they going to jump on bills?

Not to blow your mind or anything, but Canadians have to travel NORTH to watch the Lion's play. Truly Canada's team!

Ut8bnu7.jpg

I know Cooper is a bum, but as a football player I think people underestimate his skills. If he didn't have the racist comment in his past, he'd be getting at least Amendola money this year imo

Cooper was a total zero every year before last year. He is 100% a product of Chip Kelly's offensive genius. A team would be nuts to give him big money.

squicken

Cooper was a total zero every year before last year. He is 100% a product of Chip Kelly's offensive genius. A team would be nuts to give him big money.

I thought he turned 2-3 Foles' INTs into TDs and won a few other contested balls as well. Eagles are sort of lucky on him. No one will touch him with a 10 foot pole so he should be cheap to re-sign

Giants have met or are scheduled to meet with OG David Yankey and OT Joel Bitonio at the combine.

Zack Martin is apparently still cozy with one of the Giants trainers after being at their practice facility for the senior bowl. I'd expect a meeting there. Pretty to safe to say we'll be drafting an offensive lineman or two this year.;)

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert says this is the deepest, most immature draft class he's ever seen

I was just reading up on Jon Baldwin and how the Niners restructured his deal so that he needs to produce pretty heavily to get the 1.4 million incentives. Maturity is going to be a big theme in this combine - I expect a few of those younger Wide Receivers to plummet down the draft boards. For every Megatron and AJ Green there are 10 Jon Baldwins and Stephen Hills.

squicken

Shocking when teams have no problem signing rapists/murderers

I know. Ray Rice drags his finance, who he knocked out, through a hotel, but Cooper is untouchable b/c he said something racist. People are weird

@MMehtaNYDN: Rex Ryan on Mark Sanchez: “(Would) I want him back? Absolutely.” >> “after all, I got this friggin’ tattoo”

lol

Dan Kadar ‏@MockingTheDraft
Schneider said they liked some of the same things in BJ Daniels that they liked in Russell Wilson.

Rando vs FMT

Draxal

Giants have met or are scheduled to meet with OG David Yankey and OT Joel Bitonio at the combine.

Zack Martin is apparently still cozy with one of the Giants trainers after being at their practice facility for the senior bowl. I'd expect a meeting there. Pretty to safe to say we'll be drafting an offensive lineman or two this year.;)

Good, and while I think Pugh is more than servicable at a Tackle he can pushed inside so we can stock on tackles again.

squicken

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
I've known Jake Matthews since he was a child. A big child. He's such an impressive player and physical specimen. And a first-class act.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
The last of Bruce Matthews' sons, Luke, is 14. According to his dad, Luke is 6-2, and "265 to 275 depending on what he had for breakfast."

Saban and Miles are already offering on Luke, I'm sure

effzee

It was supposed to be a whole bunch of things.

An enormous mall + ice rink + indoor ski/snow boarding slopes + movie theater + concert hall

Is it still under construction or is it just stuck in limbo now?

He is still great and he would be a massive upgrade over cooper or Maclin. Eagles would still need a big WR but there is no way to get one of those outside of pure luck.

WHAT?

Based on Smith's age I want nothing to do with him. Re-sign Maclin and Cooper over him please. Or Nicks.

Striker

Good, and while I think Pugh is more than servicable at a Tackle he can pushed inside so we can stock on tackles again.
I think Pugh can be a great asset at OT. The issue is Beatty's poor play this past year and his contract. If he could play RT it might not be so bad. But they definitely need to find starters inside; I'd guess they look at somebody in FA (not expensive) as a swing tackle to backup both spots.

Choice quotes from David Gettleman's press conference at the Combine

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 18m
Gettleman on Michael Sam: If it's our pick and he's the highest rated guy on our board, we'll take him.

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 1h
"This is a big man's game," Gettleman says, even as the style of the game evolves. "Big men win."

At same time, Gettleman repeats mantra last year, that Panthers will draft best player. Says that certainly was case with Star and KK in '13

Gettleman says self-evaluation reveals need to improve secondary as well as the offense as a whole. He reminds how injuries impacted OL.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 1h
Gettleman: Even if cap goes to $130M, doesn't mean Panthers will spend to the cap.

About Cooper (me talking, not Gettleman), I would gladly take him. Dude can ball. And the locker room has a strong veteran presence
Steve Smith still got hands, ask Ken Lucas
and would be able to handle any disruption.. The racist tag just knocked some money off the price.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kessel or JVR hattrick incoming

I suddenly have the strangest boner.

Wow, looks like things are starting to look up for you. Who knows, maybe your Bills will even compete for a playoff spot next year!

kzbpoxd.gif

And Mech I am feeling generous, double or nothing tomorrow's game?

I win you rock an avatar of my choosing until the draft, you win we shake hands and go back to shitting on each other as we normally do.

MechDX

I suddenly have the strangest boner.

kzbpoxd.gif

And Mech I am feeling generous, double or nothing tomorrow's game?

I win you rock an avatar of my choosing until the draft, you win we shake hands and go back to shitting on each other as we normally do.

Sure. You already got your fill of Avril and bagged milk?

You know we let you guys win. Don't want you feeling to unimportant.

Is it still under construction or is it just stuck in limbo now?

WHAT?

Based on Smith's age I want nothing to do with him. Re-sign Maclin and Cooper over him please. Or Nicks.

You cant be serious about Nicks. Dude is straight up garbage. 56 catches 0 TDs last year. A guy that cant even be bothered to try in a contract year is someone I want nothing to do with. Even in a huge down year Smith had 64 catches and 4 Tds, plus he is such a warrior. Panthers offense last year went way more run and ball control thanks to how good their D was. I think Steve has several good years left in him. He could do huge things in this offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom