• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis Allen's Press Conference. Nothing too exciting, did talk a little about JFF and QB posistion.

On Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel: Obviously he’s accomplished a lot at the collegiate level and has been a very good football player being the first freshman to win the Heisman Trophy. I think that speaks in and of itself about how good a football player he is, so I think he’s a very talented football player. I think he is a multi-dimensional football player. I think he’s able to throw the ball. I think he’s able to throw the ball from the pocket, but he’s also able to create things with his feet. As we get more into the evaluation process, I think he’ll be a fun guy to really evaluate.

On Terrelle Pryor’s 2013 season:
I think you saw a young quarterback that needs time to develop and that’s what you see with a lot of young guys, guys that need time to develop. There was times where he went out and played exceptionally well. There was times where he didn’t play as well. But those are all learning experiences. Those are all things that hopefully learn from those mistakes that we made and be able to move forward and not have those same mistakes.

On if the quarterback position is a position of need:
I think that’s one of the things we’ve got to ultimately determine. That’s a position that we’re going to look at very closely. In my mind, we’ve got two young quarterbacks that have potential. Hopefully they can develop and reach that next step, but I think that’s obviously a position that we’ve got to look at.

On if next year’s starting quarterback is on the roster:
I don’t know the answer to that yet, you know what I mean? I think that’s obviously a position we’re going to look at to try to improve as well as any other position. But that’s obviously a position we have to…the quarterback position is the backbone of your football team and so we have to make sure that when we go out there this year that we’ve put ourselves in the best position to have success with the quarterback position.

squicken

Dennis Allen's Press Conference. Nothing too exciting, did talk a little about JFF and QB position.

Who was the champion of Pryor there? Would his struggles influence the coaches' preference of a running QB? To me, Raiders should be a team looking at QB in 2015. They remind me so much of the team that drafts a QB high and gives him no line or weapons to throw to

Who was the champion of Pryor there? Would his struggles influence the coaches' preference of a running QB? To me, Raiders should be a team looking at QB in 2015. They remind me so much of the team that drafts a QB high and gives him no line or weapons to throw to

Raiders need to nail at least two drafts before they worry about a QB.

Colasante

It might be in the best interest of the Raiders long term to wait until 2015 to draft a quarterback, but after what happened to Chud, Banner, and Lombardi, I don't think any team who needs a QB will be willing to wait another year.

You know nothing.

Yo brother. Congrats on the win in the less important hockey game.

So I met this Canadian babe tonight, she was pretty, Canadian, liked hockey and was Canadian. But she also said Boston was a shithole, now I left before getting her number or anything, but she lives in my town. I assume that since you're Canadian that you know her, around 5'8", blonde, hot, Canadian, Nice smile and named Jesse (Jessy? Jessie?), you got her number for me?

If she buys me a diner you and I will be like related, right?

Wes

venison crêpe

So I met this Canadian babe tonight, she was pretty, Canadian, liked hockey and was Canadian. But she also said Boston was a shithole, now I left before getting her number or anything, but she lives in my town. I assume that since you're Canadian that you know her, around 5'8", blonde, hot, Canadian, Nice smile and named Jesse (Jessy? Jessie?), you got her number for me?

So you're telling me she was from Canada?

They've never really wanted Pryor to be the guy, even when he was playing pretty decent at the beginning of the season, they tried to bring in Freeman, but he chose the Vikings. Reggie and DA both want a pocket passer, who can make his reads and get rid of the ball and be efficient, and they want to back that up with a power running game.

I think they would only draft a QB high if Carr falls to them at the top of the 2nd round. Otherwise it will be McG, a mid to late round rookie and probably Freeman competing to start this year. And I'm fine with that while we continue to rebuild. Pryor, I think will be traded or cut.

Speaking of the Lions, was this posted?

8YM3lkA.jpg

Billboard in downtown Detroit.

Rorschach

The only recent QB they drafted high was JRuss and that was 7 years ago and before that was 23 years ago... No one was the champion of Pryor. He was a Davis pick that kept getting chances just because he was there and we wasted a supplemental pick on him. If the team was to play today, I think McGloin would be starting.

They need a QB, but they have so many needs that I think they'll trade away their first pick.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Ah yes I know her.

How's the booty?? Do Canadians have booty??

jakncoke

Banned
The only recent QB they drafted high was JRuss and that was 7 years ago and before that was 23 years ago... No one was the champion of Pryor. He was a Davis pick that kept getting chances just because he was there and we wasted a supplemental pick on him. If the team was to play today, I think McGloin would be starting.

They need a QB, but they have so many needs that I think they'll trade away their first pick.

Keep trading back till you got 3 2015 2nd , 5 2015 3rds and 7ths across the globe

So I met this Canadian babe tonight, she was pretty, Canadian, liked hockey and was Canadian. But she also said Boston was a shithole, now I left without getting her number or anything, but she lives in my town. I assume that since you're Canadian that you know her, around 5'8", blonde, hot, Canadian, Nice smile and named Jesse (Jessy? Jessie?), you got her number for me?

Fixed for accuracy.

squicken

T If the team was to play today, I think McGloin would be starting.

They've never really wanted Pryor to be the guy, even when he was playing pretty decent at the beginning of the season, they tried to bring in Freeman, but he chose the Vikings. Reggie and DA both want a pocket passer, who can make his reads and get rid of the ball and be efficient, and they want to back that up with a power running game.

Thank you, Raiders GAF! ATL crew seems pretty certain they will be going after Freeman as a stop gap, which seems it could be the best course, jokes aside

Only game I saw McGloin play was the Houston game, and they made everyone look good. Didn't seem like he had the arm to really be a 16 game starter for even a bad team. As far as trading back, I think they should really consider Watkins if he is still there at 5

:jnc at people fronting like they actually care about losing at women's ice soccer in the junior varsity Olympics. We're not sweating that.

[insert apathetic gif here]

I can understand it when the men play tomorrow, but women's hockey, really? C'mon now

Bread

Banned

she sounds like a huge bitch

squicken

You know the bump in salary cap kind of hurts the teams with all the cap room. Now SEA can keep Bennett, CAR can keep Hardy and even a mid tier like Saffold can stay in STL. I think fewer high end FAs are going to hit the market now

The only FAs worth spending on are young guys and I'm not sure any of those guys will now make it to FA

You know the bump in salary cap kind of hurts the teams with all the cap room. Now SEA can keep Bennett, CAR can keep Hardy and even a mid tier like Saffold can stay in STL. I think fewer high end FAs are going to hit the market now

The only FAs worth spending on are young guys and I'm not sure any of those guys will now make it to FA

I hope we can pay grimes to keep him here for 3-4 years and not piss him off with the franchise tag. I want some good piece left over for when Ross burns it down next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom