• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle

I remember after Harbaugh & Luck destroyed UW at Montlake Harbaugh went on postgame about how much $$ UW coaching staff was paid...

Harbaugh cares about how much other coaches are paid (likely most HC do)

Clayton believes Carroll will earn $8.5M in next contract from Paul Allen, already makes $7M....must piss Jim off to no end!
Hehe.

Syrinx

I think Tampa Bay might trade up for Clowney.

I'm hoping Niners trade up with Raiders for Watkins. But trades are so hard to call, who knows what might happen.
Would be shocked if we traded up, especially considering we're already fairly thin in draft picks (3rd rounder is the Jets', also think we traded a 6th). They're probably looking at Mack and Watkins at this point, while also considering drafting one of the top QBs if one falls to them, as well as trading down.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
By the way, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Sam falls to us in a late round and gives us a cheap Clemons replacement. I'm sure PCJS have other ideas kicking around, though.

cdyhybrid

I'm going to laser quest tonight, if the little kids don't get out of my way I might start something.....

aXxZgiJ.jpg

squicken

So if the Rams trade down with anyone its going to be the falcons right? Assuming Teddy/JFF/Bortles/Clowney are all taken in the first 4 picks they only have to see the Raiders pick before getting their choice of whoever they want.

Anything is possible but if they want Watkins or Robinson, I don't think they can trade down below Oakland. The Raiders could take either guy or trade down themselves to someone who wants one of them

cdyhybrid

i would probably be pissed off too if a peer of mine was paid more than me while being caught multiple times for cheating when i didn't cheat at all. it's an unfair world we live in though.... harbs will get by!

Only 2 head coaches that have been caught cheating in the NFL recently brah, and Pete ain't one of them!

Only 2 head coaches that have been caught cheating in the NFL recently brah, and Pete ain't one of them!

systematic performance enhancing drug system is still cheating brotha! and cheatin' pete is at the top of the trash heap in that regard.

in other news, i am impressed by the level of Florio's niner hate. first off this guy is a joke of a "journalist" even before this incident and even before he started his niner hate. but this situation is just wild. he posts that the niners and browns had agreed to the trade, but then harbaugh said nah ill stay. he says "unnamed sources". then news comes from an unnamed source within the niners that says it's a ridiculous report. florio says IF ITS SO RIDICULOUS PUT YOUR NAME ON IT! couldn't the same be said for the initial report itself? florio says until someone from the niners says otherwise then this happened! harbaugh and york both come out and say no it didn't happen. florio says well of course you'd say that to keep the peace!

florio then has another article from mort saying "there's substance to this report!" peter king comes out and says "there is no substance". no article on the peter king refute of the report. florio is such a fucking loser

cdyhybrid

systematic performance enhancing drug system is still cheating brotha! and cheatin' pete is at the top of the trash heap in that regard.

Sorry brah, Pete had nothing to do with that stuff. Pete can't babysit these guys 24/7, they made poor decisions on their own. All he can do is coach the guys that are able to stay on the field, and he does it quite well!

Chris Kluwe ‏@ChrisWarcraft 14s
I know other people have said it, but if the NFL wants to get rid of on-field racial slurs, they may want to reconsider a certain team name.

Apparently Stanford was happy to see Harbaugh leave. Guess he wears out his welcome.

lol i love when stories like this come out and people just pile on with shit that isn't true to formulate the narrative the media wants to push. stanford did everything they could to keep harbaugh, including giving him AND his staff huge pay increases.

no one at stanford was happy to see harbaugh leave. i have no doubt he annoys some people. that's what people with unwavering determination do sometimes. but you know what is even worse than that? being a perennial loser for years and years. stanford and the niners have seen both sides of the coin.... magically both "programs" turned around when harbaugh arrived. im sure its coincidence though

lol i love when stories like this come out and people just pile on with shit that isn't true to formulate the narrative the media wants to push. stanford did everything they could to keep harbaugh, including giving him AND his staff huge pay increases.

no one at stanford was happy to see harbaugh leave. i have no doubt he annoys some people. that's what people with unwavering determination do sometimes. but you know what is even worse than that? being a perennial loser for years and years. stanford and the niners have seen both sides of the coin.... magically both "programs" turned around when harbaugh arrived. im sure its coincidence though

youmad.jpeg

squicken

Bruh you know I love Harbs. But what SF needs to do is go find the next Singletary and let Jed and Trent keep doing what they do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom