• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a horrible time for Evans given his size/frame. Still dunno if he's top ten talent but I'll admit the prospect of pairing him with Megatron is enticing.

squicken

Not a horrible time for Evans given his size/frame. Still dunno if he's top ten talent but I'll admit the prospect of pairing him with Megatron is enticing.

Watching Marshall paired with Jeffrey was awesome last year. Two big WRs is such an asset. Always a little corner somewhere on the field

squicken

Plaxico ran a 4.5. If Evans' route running and ability to break a jam is good enough that's what matters.

Yeah I don't think Evans is going to come out of breaks like Plax. Better drills for it, but I don't think he's got the most fluid change of direction

Slow, not a good route runner, attitude problems. Big Red flags on Evans.

Hence my hesitation. And I'm not big on Lee either given his injury history and the Lions bad luck with WRs like that. Watkins will almost certainly be gone before 10...

Maybe we can just pay Clowney to get another DUI so he falls to us.

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
One of the smartest things I heard this week: #Browns now view re-signing C Alex Mack as “priority No. 1.” Will be huge for an incoming QB.

Shouldn't have waited until now

That's coming from Ben Volin, so it's naturally entirely wrong. He's the same Boston beat writer who has repeatedly insisted that resigning Edelman over Talib needs to be the Patriots' #1 offseason priority and thinks that Riley Cooper could be their missing piece on offense.
Cooper would fit in great with a lot of the fans up there but he is nothing as a player. Even without all the racism I dont think anyone would pay big for him.

The thing on that is it's almost entirely the same stuff that Darkest Red posted from the Miami paper. Volin is from there, so whoever the source is, he's getting it out to lots of media.

As far as the other stuff goes, idk. I really like Riley Cooper the football player, but would have a hard time wanting him on my team

I am very curious what it is that you like about Riley the football player? Guy had more catches last year then in the previous 3 seasons, and that was playing in Reid's pass happy offense. He didnt fight for the ball at the end of the GB playoff game, and he dropped a wide open pass that might have been a TD against the Saints this year. Slow and bad hands seems like a bad combo for a WR.

squicken

C

I am very curious what it is that you like about Riley the football player?.

I saw three of four games where he won a jump ball TD. A couple where he stole an INT from double coverage. I thought Foles threw several up for grabs balls that Foles bailed him out on. Blocks very well and can run. Good in the screen game both ways there. He's a good WR2.

But I didn't watch every game. Maybe I missed a lot of the bad you saw game to game and play to play.

e: Cooks and Beckham are the late first round dudes I really like

Greg

:jnc @ Billick

"Oh, I love seeing players do drills that absolutely have no bearing on the game whatsoever... or that they'll never ever ever run again in their life."

MechDX

"Oh, I love seeing players do drills that absolutely have no bearing on the game whatsoever... or that they'll never ever ever run again in their life."

Bum Phillips on Earl Campbell not being able to run a mile:

"When its first and a mile I wont give him the ball."

Mike Evans 40 time really sold me. I still like Watkins better, but I think Evans is going to be a stud.

Benjamin 6-4, 240 with 4% body fat? I don't know much about him, but that's crazy. What an awesome WR class this year.

Dragon

Banned
Hopefully Belichick drafts the worst one. Seriously the best WR I think he's drafted is probably a tie between Edelman/Branch. Sad.

He's a better athlete than Jeffrey. He's very young and has no criminal or weight issues so I wouldn't write him off. I think he will go top 10

I think he'll go high too. Just not to the Steelers. I'm worried he won't see the separation he did in college against NFL talent. He reminds me a lot of Mike Wallace, except that Wallace made up for his shitty route running with blistering speed.

692920310.gif

That lazy shit just does not work as Plaxico is wont to show us.

squicken

JennaLaineBucs @JennaLaineBucs
Hearing Johnny Manziel absolutely knocked it out of the park in his team interviews. One scout told me, "He's a stud. Extremely bright.

JennaLaineBucs @JennaLaineBucs
Same scout told me he doesn't believe Teddy Bridgewater is 1st overall or top QB. Thinks Clowney goes #1. Likes Manziel and Bortles more.

Bob McGinn says Teddy not a sure top 10 pick

http://t.co/VsZsnL4HJ5

BigAT

He's not wrong. I really don't know how so many of you guys actually watch the combine, even the coaches are bored being there.

squicken

He's not wrong. I really don't know how so many of you guys actually watch the combine, even the coaches are bored being there.

Some of these guys I have never heard of or seen. I have no idea who are the 3rd down WRs. So see a guy who looks interesting and it's a mental note. I know everyone thinks it is super insightful to point out the Combine doesn't matter, but no one makes a decision based on this now that Al Davis is dead

Tamanon

Banned
I'm 90% sure the Jags are going to end up with Manziel. I think the new rookie deals make it so a boom-or-bust QB is an insane value. You're not sinking 70 million into a bust any more.

MechDX

Some of these guys I have never heard of or seen. I have no idea who are the 3rd down WRs. So see a guy who looks interesting and it's a mental note. I know everyone thinks it is super insightful to point out the Combine doesn't matter, but no one makes a decision based on this now that Al Davis is dead

Jerry_Jones_104464251.jpg

"Sounds like a good strategy. May work better than drafting 3rd round centers in the first."

Jim-Irsay-390x220.jpg

"New strategy: Trade draft picks for shitty players! BRILLIANT! Lets get some Taco bell"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom