• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

He's not wrong. I really don't know how so many of you guys actually watch the combine, even the coaches are bored being there.

Really, it's garbage, you'd much better watching off watching game footage.

The real reason the teams are here isn't being televised (interviews).

Syrinx

I'm 90% sure the Jags are going to end up with Manziel. I think the new rookie deals make it so a boom-or-bust QB is an insane value. You're not sinking 70 million into a bust any more.

Yeah but drafting a first round bust at QB really sets your organization back more often than not and will probably get you fired if you're the HC. They may not be as much of a monetary risk, but for QBs, drafting a high-risk player is still a major roll of the dice.

BigAT

Some of these guys I have never heard of or seen. I have no idea who are the 3rd down WRs. So see a guy who looks interesting and it's a mental note. I know everyone thinks it is super insightful to point out the Combine doesn't matter, but no one makes a decision based on this now that Al Davis is dead

Even if that's your intention, it seems like there are much better ways to go about it than watching someone run the 3-cone or 40.

Unrelated:

giphy.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I wish the Jets could get Manziel :(

I'm convinced Texans fans hate the guy because hes going to bring fun to to the no fun league. And fun was the antithesis to watching Matt Schaub play football.

JCizzle

Like it. They still need to draft WR though, going to need a Crabtree replacement for 2015 and a Boldin one for 16 (guessing it will be a 2 year deal). I am cautiously optimistic that Patton will do well next year, but they need a stud to groom and he's not that.

MechDX

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN · Feb 21
AJ McCarron said if he could compare himself to one NFL QB in terms of body build and perception coming out of the draft it'd be Tom Brady.

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN · Feb 21
"NE is the Alabama of the NFL." AJ McCarron on Saban and Belichick similarities

Texans draft McCarron confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom